Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Did anyone receive an email on the loyalty program? I did not.

Nope, just checked.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:
Did anyone receive an email on the loyalty program? I did not.

Nope, just checked.

I didn't yet.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a sneek peek at the loyalty program and all I'm authorized to say is that I am pleased with it and think others will be as well. It is quite generous. Even more generous than EDS if you're a repeat user. I think the email is supposed to go out soon.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello ladies, would anyone like to update their progress with the serum/accelerator?....Jom?......Rileygirl? Anyone else?

Hi checking in with an update. I will be using this 7 weeks this Monday and so far I like it. It's simple(only 2 products) not counting anti-acne stuff and the feel of the product on my skin is nice. As far as result- my pores on my cheeks are smaller, now I have oily skin so my pores are big to begin with but I guess they are about 50% smaller. The color and texture are better but by no means perfect. I do think my under eye area is a little better but i don't think anybody except me would so the difference. I will be taking new pictures at week 8 so maybe I will see more then.
I haven't broken out at all but I only use 1 pump of the accelerator each time.

I will continue to use the serum but I have to stop the accelerator because the retinol is not compatible with the ReAura.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I've had a sneek peek at the loyalty program and all I'm authorized to say is that I am pleased with it and think others will be as well. It is quite generous. Even more generous than EDS if you're a repeat user. I think the email is supposed to go out soon.

I have to ask. How did you manage to get a sneek peek at the loyalty programme?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD.....thank you for your update. It's wonderful to hear about all of these positive results. I haven't received my serum yet, but I am axiously awaiting for it to come in the mail, especially after reading all of the very positive reviews that were posted here today.

I hope your skin continues to improve.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
CookieD.....thank you for your update. It's wonderful to hear about all of these positive results. I haven't received my serum yet, but I am axiously awaiting for it to come in the mail, especially after reading all of the very positive reviews that were posted here today.

I hope your skin continues to improve.

Thanks leeleedeedee. I hope it works for you. Keep us updated on how it's going, both good and bad. I think the more information we have as consumers on a new product the better. Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, CookieD. I know that I will start slowly. I will only use the serum for a while. I have very sensitive skin and I have noted that some on this forum have broken out and it seems that the accelerator may be the culprit. If all goes well then I will slowly add the accelerator. The positive feedback from many of the users leaves me with a very good feeling about the quality of the products and their benefits.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
jom wrote:

I have to ask. How did you manage to get a sneek peek at the loyalty programme?

Dr. J wanted some feedback so he asked for my opinion. I think the email will come out this week. I think they are just making sure they get all of the programming on the website done right so the discount shows up correctly when someone orders.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Very interesting indeed, since the very stem cell system (mesenchymal stem cells) that we coax our therapeutic cytokines from are being used experimentally to treat ITP (Immune thrombocytopenia) in a mouse model. Just published this month. Here it the abstract:

Xiao J, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Zhao J, Liang J, Zhong X, Chen Y. Transfusion. 2012 Apr 9. doi: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2012.03642.x. [Epub ahead of print]

Transplantation of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells into a murine model of passive chronic immune thrombocytopenia.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a bleeding disorder characterized by antibody-opsonized platelets (PLTs) being prematurely destroyed by macrophages in the reticuloendothelial system. T helper (Th) cells and different Th cytokines play an important role in the pathophysiology of ITP. As immunomodulators, adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells (ADSCs) regulate Th cells and show therapeutic effects in autoimmune diseases. However, it is not clear how ADSCs affect ITP. In this study, we explored the specific effects of ADSCs on ITP in mice.

STUDY DESIGN AND METHODS:

BALB/c mice were randomly divided into three groups: normal controls, ITP controls, and ITP with ADSC transplantation. PLT levels were monitored by an automatic blood cell counter, and the cytokines interferon-γ (IFN-γ); interleukin (IL)-2, -4, -10, and -17; and transforming growth factor-β1 (TGF-β1) were analyzed by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays.

RESULTS:

Compared to the untreated ITP mice, the PLT level of the ITP mice significantly increased after ADSC treatment. In the ADSC group, IFN-γ, IL-2, and IL-17 significantly decreased, while IL-4, IL-10, and TGF-β1 increased.

CONCLUSION:

These findings constitute the first experimental evidence that mesenchymal stem cells are efficacious in improving PLT levels and reducing the related Th cytokines mediating proinflammatory response in ITP mice, which may provide a scientific basis for using ADSCs as a new therapy for ITP.

© 2012 American Association of Blood Banks.

People at Cellese have figured out that applying the serum to minor cuts, abrasions, and the like tends to bring about rapid healing. Can't label it as such (yet).

By "the very stem cell system (mesenchymal stem cells) that we coax our therapeutic cytokines from", did you mean that you are using adipose tissue-derived MSCs? Or was this a typo/not your intended meaning and you are using BM MSCs? Just trying to understand what you are saying and why you referred to an article on adipose-derived MSCs and said you were using the same system.

On a very related note, this is a general question for DrJ and others who are knowledgeable in this area. In terms of interpreting the scientific literature:

(a) How applicable are studies on one subpopulation of MSCs (e.g., BM-derived) versus another type of MSCs (e.g., adipose-derived)? Cytokine profiles among cell types are presumably quite different and even within particular immune cells, cytokine secretion can vary by subpopulation or localization.

(b) How applicable are studies on MSC cytokines from animals (in particular, rats and mice) versus those from humans? In other words, how similar are the cytokine profiles?

DrJ wrote:
One key thing with cytokines is to maintain an anti-inflammatory (vs inflammatory) profile. Maybe that's what you mean by "soothing". We hear that term a lot. By doing so, we think we are preventing the "high turnover" actives from becoming irritating, which would signal inflammation, which is counterproductive (leads to wrong kind of "healing" which translate to rejuvenation.

Have you tested this in your clinical studies? Do you measure any particular cytokines or related markers to ensure that you have not created a pro-inflammatory environment? Do you screen the volunteers from which you harvest the MSCs to ensure that they are healthy?

Another thought that occurred to me: Do the MSC cytokines influence the differentiation "status" (excuse my lack of a better word) of cells that they are applied to?

That's interesting that you have one formula that's for quick time-release and one that's for sustained time-release. Is the sustained time-release one really necessary? In other words, do you have some sense of the half-life in the skin (either in terms of signaling or degradation of the MSC cytokines)? Or do you not know but have implemented this as a proactive measure? If you have tested this, do you see a substantial difference in one being better than the other--in other words, if a person had to pick one, is the time release formula better than the quick release one?

Lotusesther wrote:
Considering your trial has now run for 6 months or so, you should be able to show some evidence for this like pictures and histological analysis.

I agree. What sort of quantitative changes have you seen yet? I, too, would like to see some hard quantitative biologic endpoints being tested here with these particular products to justify the high price tag.

was either LotusEsther or Keliu wrote:
As far as I know lots of things including cytokines have been tried to restore volume to the face of HIV patients. The results, if any, were minimal, fillers are still the only option.

FWIW, I'm highly doubtful of significant changes in facial volume akin to facial fillers with any topical products.

DrJ wrote:
We haven't done full thickness cheek biopsies (they are painful) and its much easier to appreciate in 3D than 2D (because its rounding, not widening). I'll see if our video department has some. We have teras of video that needs editing.

Is this a hint that you will be doing some cheek biopsies in the future? If so, that would be great. If not, can you get this measurement in qualitative form perhaps another way?

Lotusesther wrote:
SOME data would be helpful though, either skin punches or visia. Or before/after pictures. Or skin analysis through silicone moulding. Anything.

Couldn't agree more. If MSC cytokines are so effective, the lack of more solid quantitative data on this particular product from the product makers themselves is surprising.

On that note, any updates on how the product is working for those who have used it longer than 1 month? (The shorter term reviews tend not to be helpful since they usually concern product consistency.)

Anyone do a split face comparison between these products and their standard favorite products, to try to eliminate any bias or the placebo effect from the marketing of these products?

Any longer-term reviews would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful input!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I did post the abstract on the first however it was deleted?
Hopefully just the links are acceptable?

Cytokines causing wasting of fat volume in HIV patients:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17373169

Stansard Protocol For Treating Facial Fat Loss In Hiv Patients:

http://www.aidsbeacon.com/news/2011/08/24/facial-fillers-to-treat-facial-fat-loss-in-people-with-hiv-aids-part-1-permanent-fillers/

http://www.aidsbeacon.com/news/2011/08/25/facial-fillers-to-treat-facial-fat-loss-in-people-with-hiv-aids-part-2-temporary-fillers/

http://www.aidsmap.com/Reconstructive-surgery-for-facial-fat-loss-is-feasible-and-safe-for-patients-with-HIV/page/1529804/

http://i-base.info/guides/side/fat-loss-lipoatrophy

http://www.facialwasting.org/products.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
CM, see above your post for reviews from a few of us. There are a few of us that have used this for about 1 1/2 months now. I think that is the longest any of us have right now, as the product is so new.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
cm I started on April 28th, as was pointed out this is very new to all of us here. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
CM, see above your post for reviews from a few of us. There are a few of us that have used this for about 1 1/2 months now. I think that is the longest any of us have right now, as the product is so new.

rileygirl, I think cm5597 looks for a review that has a bit more than just "a nice product", "is moisturizing", or "is calming" and so on. The biting price tag tells me that these products should do beyond being nice, calming moisturizers.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I did report earlier that I have seen a reduction in pore size and better texture and skin color overall. I'm kind of happy people aren't OMG raving about this product yet because I think it takes months to see "real" changes. I can't tell you how many products I've bought from reviews and you check back a few months later and the person isn't even using it anymore no less raving about it. I do hope I can eventually rave about this but I think most people need more time using it. This is just my opinion your results may vary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

rileygirl, I think cm5597 looks for a review that has a bit more than just "a nice product", "is moisturizing", or "is calming" and so on. The biting price tag tells me that these products should do beyond being nice, calming moisturizers.

I totally agree that for the price, I better see something other than calming, moisturizing. etc. But, in my opinion, no one has used these products long enough to claim anything miraculous. They are too new to give a decent review on. You cannot see long term change in skin with 1 1/2 months of use. And, if someone is claiming miraculous results in that time, I would be very suspicious.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
But the use of cytokines in face cream dates back to 2009 or something! And dr J's trial has been running for at least 6 months now! So there should be some substantial data other than the Gold and Goldman study, that showed decrease of roughness and improved texture compared to vehicle only.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

I totally agree that for the price, I better see something other than calming, moisturizing. etc. But, in my opinion, no one has used these products long enough to claim anything miraculous. They are too new to give a decent review on. You cannot see long term change in skin with 1 1/2 months of use. And, if someone is claiming miraculous results in that time, I would be very suspicious.

I think getting rid of my milia borders on miraculous. I have had those for years and no other product, exfoiliation or poking at it has helped remove them. They are gone. I had three on my jaw and one on my chin and they are gone. I have many that are deeeper under the skin under my eyes and they are about 80% gone. I haven't poked at them the way I did the ones on my jaw or chin because I don't want to be bruised under my eyes and the milia under my eyes is deeper under the skin but I have been using the AnteAGE serum and exfoliating every night and they are about 80% gone.

I have also noticed that my skin looks more toned and more bright and my pores are smaller. I definately think this product is worth repurchasing. And I believe it is working at the cellular level to improve my skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
But the use of cytokines in face cream dates back to 2009 or something! And dr J's trial has been running for at least 6 months now! So there should be some substantial data other than the Gold and Goldman study, that showed decrease of roughness and improved texture compared to vehicle only.

That is something Dr J will have to address, Lotusesther. I was only responding to CM's asking if there were any updates from people using the product(s) longer than 1 month. I just assumed she meant us here at EDS! Laughing
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

I believe that Dr. J has said they they have some data, they just haven't shared it yet. They are hoping to get it published and it takes time to analyze data and write up findings. Then there is the whole publishing process which could take years. Hopefully there is some data he is able to share with us soon but this is still a very new product and testing is still new.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

I think getting rid of my milia borders on miraculous.

Did you use the Cure product on your face, and if so, could have contributed to your getting rid of the milia?

ETA: And maybe I should explain when I say miraculous, I personally am talking about people claiming their wrinkles have vanished in 1 month and similar such things.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

Did you use the Cure product on your face, and if so, could have contributed to your getting rid of the milia?

No, it wasn't the Cure. I have only used that about six times so far. I know it was the AnteAGE that mde my milia go away.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

ETA: And maybe I should explain when I say miraculous, I personally am talking about people claiming their wrinkles have vanished in 1 month and similar such things.

OK, but it is sort of miraculous to me to have something that was so bothersome to me so readily gone from just using the serum for a month and a half. I'm a very happy camper!

ETA: I don't have any wrinkles I'm trying to get rid of, I'm hoping using the AnteAGE serum will help prevent me from getting them.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

OK, but it is sort of miraculous to me to have something that was so bothersome to me so readily gone from just using the serum for a month and a half. I'm a very happy camper!

I totally understand and I would be thrilled, as well. I just wanted to clarify what I consider miraculous claims!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
And, if someone is claiming miraculous results in that time, I would be very suspicious.

I think, Retin A, Vitamin C Serums and AHA peels give miraculous results within a very short period of time. In fact, I use Retin A 2 days before a special event because I know it will give me a nice natural glow!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |