Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Hopefully there is some data he is able to share with us soon but this is still a very new product and testing is still new.

Surely, any testing would have been done PRIOR to the product being released. I expect manufacturers to be aware of all aspects of the product's capabilities before it is released to the market place - otherwise they are promoting a product with unsupported claims.

As for the milia - milia are caused by pores/glands being clogged from dead skin cells. Thus, the method used to get rid of it is exfoliation. I would, therefore, presume that if you are using an exfoliator that is what would be responsible for it disappearing rather than a serum which is working deep in the dermis. The serum may be responsible for faster cell turnover, but I still think the exfoliator would be the "magic bullet".

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I believe that Dr. J has said they they have some data, they just haven't shared it yet. They are hoping to get it published and it takes time to analyze data and write up findings. Then there is the whole publishing process which could take years. Hopefully there is some data he is able to share with us soon but this is still a very new product and testing is still new.

Then as I have said in the past this makes us the "lab rats" if it is still in the testing phase why are people not using this as part of a trial even using the products? We did not sign consent forms normally associated with testing.

I will remind all that some have had breakouts from using the Accelerator!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
jom wrote:
Hopefully there is some data he is able to share with us soon but this is still a very new product and testing is still new.

Surely, any testing would have been done PRIOR to the product being released. I expect manufacturers to be aware of all aspects of the product's capabilities before it is released to the market place - otherwise they are promoting a product with unsupported claims.

As for the milia - milia are caused by pores/glands being clogged from dead skin cells. Thus, the method used to get rid of it is exfoliation. I would, therefore, presume that if you are using an exfoliator that is what would be responsible for it disappearing rather than a serum which is working deep in the dermis. The serum may be responsible for faster cell turnover, but I still think the
exfoliator would be the "magic bullet".

Sorry Keliu but you're wrong. The AnteAGE serum is what got rid of my milia. I know my milia better than you I don't need you to tell me what the "magic bullet" was. I know it was the AnteAGE.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
jom wrote:

As for the milia - milia are caused by pores/glands being clogged from dead skin cells. Thus, the method used to get rid of it is exfoliation. I would, therefore, presume that if you are using an exfoliator that is what would be responsible for it disappearing rather than a serum which is working deep in the dermis. The serum may be responsible for faster cell turnover, but I still think the exfoliator would be the "magic bullet".

If you read the AnteAGE website you will see that testing started in September 2011. I'm sure that they tested some of the ingredients like the BM-MSC before that but it looks like September 2011 was the trial of the actual product.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:
I believe that Dr. J has said they they have some data, they just haven't shared it yet. They are hoping to get it published and it takes time to analyze data and write up findings. Then there is the whole publishing process which could take years. Hopefully there is some data he is able to share with us soon but this is still a very new product and testing is still new.

Then as I have said in the past this makes us the "lab rats" if it is still in the testing phase why are people not using this as part of a trial even using the products? We did not sign consent forms normally associated with testing.

I will remind all that some have had breakouts from using the Accelerator!

We are not study subjects or lab rats. We are consumers. Those of us who bought the product bought it based on the information we have been presented with both on this forum and on the AnteAGE website. It was our decison to buy. Frankly, I'm wondering why you bought the products Darkmoon you seem so adversarial toward them and Dr. J. Was it just so you could post on this thread? I think you're still within you're alloted 30 days to return the product so if you feel you are a lab rat and you don't want to risk it I think you should return the products and be done with it.

ETA: It is not unusual for some people to break out from using a new product. Everyone reacts differently.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
If you read the AnteAGE website you will see that testing started in September 2011. I'm sure that they tested some of the ingredients like the BM-MSC before that but it looks like September 2011 was the trial of the actual product.

Well I'm not going to argue the point - but if you are using an exfoliator, I can't see how you can simply rule it out of the equation.

If testing was carried out in September 2011 where are the results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

I think getting rid of my milia borders on miraculous.

Did you use the Cure product on your face, and if so, could have contributed to your getting rid of the milia?

No, it wasn't the Cure. I have only used that about six times so far. I know it was the AnteAGE that mde my milia go away.

I am personally thinking that *either* the Cure or the AnteAge Accelerator may have caused my pimples to surface...I am honestly not sure which one deserves the credit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
jom wrote:

Well I'm not going to argue the point - but if you are using an exfoliator, I can't see how you can simply rule it out of the equation.

If testing was carried out in September 2011 where are the results?

Here are the results that they have chosen to share:

http://anteage.com/anteage-clinical-trial/

I assume there is more data but they are trying to get published and can't release everything yet. Hopefully they will be able to release more soon. This is a start up operation, funded with their own money so they have to watch where they spend it. If you're so concerned about the products I think you should just not buy them and wait until they are able to supply you with more data. They have shared what they are able to share for now and we'll just have to wait for the rest. Those of us who are willing to "risk" it will use the products and decide for ourselves if it works for us. We will provide you with our results so there is more data for you. Qualitative yes but data nonetheless.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I think, Retin A, Vitamin C Serums and AHA peels give miraculous results within a very short period of time. In fact, I use Retin A 2 days before a special event because I know it will give me a nice natural glow!

AMEN!

Those are the true worker bee products... It really is all about skin turnover, and those 3 products (and a microfiber cloth) will get you there..... And a few good antioxidants in a serum will keep you there...

Anyhoo, when the sexy + mysterious did nothing but empty my wallet, I turned to the above goodies and never looked back! Everybody learns in their own good time.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I have been exfoliating for YEARS and that never made my milia go away. I started using the AnteAGE and it is the only new product I introduced and my milia are gone. I KNOW it was due to the AnteAGE. The Cure gel works on surface dead skin only as do other exfoliators. No exfoliator would be able to get underneath the skin to remove milia. I am proof that exfoliating does not get rid of milia.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Jeeeez 'jom' how's about letting DrJ answer a few posts..

I'm dying to hear him say that .02% retinol relieved you of your milia..

Na, it was definitely all those 'CURE' treatments!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Jeeeez 'jom' how's about letting DrJ answer a few posts..

I'm dying to hear him say that .02% retinol relieved you of your milia..

Na, it was definitely all those 'CURE' treatments!

I'm not using the accelerator but I have used Retin A Micro for about four and a half years and that did not help with the milia. I can answer as many posts as I like. Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have just finished using the Cure product, and took a shower while Tropical Storm Beryl rolls in and I still have power.

So here is my personal plan I formulated while in the shower:
- I am very interested in the science behind the AnteAge product, but am going to wait on some additional data before I reorder.
- I have heard that a number of people received discounts on their initial orders (greater than the 15% for sample purchasers) and that makes me a tad skeptical of any feedback. I am personally waiting for independent feedback that this product works.
- I am going to use the remainder of my purchased product after an upcoming dermaroll because I do think it has some potential.
- Good things come with time, and so does proof. If the proof is there, I will buy. Until then, I am going to spend the big bucks on the top A/C providers (Environ in my case) and wait until Cellese provides the info I am looking for.

Obviously, this will work for ME, and YMMV. Please do what YOU feel comfortable with from a risk and budget standpoint.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just thought of something that might be interesting to discuss. (maybe on this thread maybe on a new thread) What % of off the shelf products have published clinical research. I'm not talking about ingredients. I'm talking about bottled and ready to sell stuff (formulated)So the research would be on the whole product not just parts.

I know Skinceutical CE, Skinmedica tri retinol,
maybe NIA 24? I know pharmaceuticals (at least in the US) like RA and Accutane. I sure there are others that members more experienced then i am know about. Does anyone think this is worth talking about.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Here are the results that they have chosen to share:

http://anteage.com/anteage-clinical-trial/

They are the type of "results" that I have no interest in - they are just subjective comments from people testing the product. As are yours and everyone else's here.

The reason that I'm being so pedantic about this is because I find it a little hypocritical that DrJ has chosen to be a crusader for truth in the skincare industry and is very critical of other companies' outlandish claims (he even runs a blog on all of this) - and yet provides no clinical data to substantiate the claims on his own product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe the question should be what results should you expect from an expensive product - one that will result in an expenditure of at least $500 to see optimal results? We seem to agree that there is no miracle in a jar, so what makes a product worth the money? I'm sure the answer is different for each of us and is partly a factor of personal financial situation. For me the answer is that my skin needs to look significantly better than it has in the past - a totally subjective judgement on my part - and I need to be able to justify the cost based on the elimination of the need for other products and/or possibly other cosmetic procedures.

I understand that vitamin C and A give good results, but I want something even more.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I just thought of something that might be interesting to discuss. (maybe on this thread maybe on a new thread) What % of off the shelf products have published clinical research. I'm not talking about ingredients. I'm talking about bottled and ready to sell stuff (formulated)So the research would be on the whole product not just parts.

maybe NIA 24? I know pharmaceuticals (at least in the US) like RA and Accutane. I sure there are others that members more experienced then i am know about. Does anyone think this is worth talking about.

Nia24 has a TON of clinical studies...one of the reasons it is one of my fav lines!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Those products are owned by well established corporations with a lot of money behind them. BM-MSC is new technology and it is coming from a start-up operation funded by the owners. So we have to wait more time for TONS of studies that will come out of the AnteAGE products. In the meantime the early adopters will use the products and report our results and those needing more data before using the products can wait until there is more data.

As an aside, getting a discount on the product did not affect my opinion of the product. I've used lots of products and I'm a hard sell. If I say I like something it is because I'm seeing results that make a difference for me. If I'm willing to repurchase it's because I've seen results. There's nothing in it for me for Dr. J's product to be a success.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Nia24 has a TON of clinical studies...one of the reasons it is one of my fav lines!

Thanks Bethany. Is it on the ready made product or just some of the ingredients. Sorry I don't know.

Also when people started using Vit C and RA did you see results in a few weeks? I know it took me months to have results other then nice glow etc.
and that's seems to be what we are complaining about with AnteAge. I'm not questioning other people's experience, just wondering.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Those products are owned by well established corporations with a lot of money behind them. BM-MSC is new technology and it is coming from a start-up operation funded by the owners. So we have to wait more time for TONS of studies that will come out of the AnteAGE products. In the meantime the early adopters will use the products and report our results and those needing more data before using the products can wait until there is more data.

I'm really not buying the argument that because AnteAGE is an owner operated start-up company that they do not have to provide clinical data. Every manufacturer, whether large or small and regardless of financial means, should be subject to the same scrutiny. Maybe they can't afford the clinical testing - but they're expecting their consumers to pay top price for the product all the same.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
jom wrote:

I'm really not buying the argument that because AnteAGE is an owner operated start-up company that they do not have to provide clinical data. Every manufacturer, whether large or small and regardless of financial means, should be subject to the same scrutiny. Maybe they can't afford the clinical testing - but they're expecting their consumers to pay top price for the product all the same.

I'm not saying that they do not HAVE to provide clinical data. Although, as far as I know no skincare company HAS to provide clinical data. It's just something they do to sell their product. I am saying that they are still in the process of collecting and analyzing the data they have and don't have all the resources available to large corporations to process the data. I'm just saying that they need more time. This is just my understanding of what is going on and Dr. J should comment on this in more detail. I'm just saying don't sell them so short on not having data when they have presented some and are in the process of collecting more. People buying the product now can make their decision based on the data and information and all the studies that Dr. J has provided that show the benefits of BM-MSC. Others will have to wait until there is more data. Don't assume that there will never be more data, ever.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
CookieD wrote:

As an aside, getting a discount on the product did not affect my opinion of the product. I've used lots of products and I'm a hard sell. If I say I like something it is because I'm seeing results that make a difference for me. If I'm willing to repurchase it's because I've seen results. There's nothing in it for me for Dr. J's product to be a success.

I'm not complaining Jom. I just started wondering about purchases I've made like ready made product from NCN,Skinactives and others.I know there is research on some of the ingredients but how do they test these products. I think I have read on their sites that they give it to friends, family, past clients and see how they like it and whether it works for them but that isn't clinic research.
Does anyone know? Not just these companies I've bought from Fresh, Ole henriksen, Ren Etc,etc. and I'm not sure any of the stuff I bought has published studies behind it. Maybe on some of the ingredients but not the ready made product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've purchased a myriad of products over the years without consulting any clincal studies.

All I'm pointing out is the irony in someone flying the flag for "Truth in Aging" and not providing any "truth" for his own product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
jom wrote:
CookieD wrote:

I'm not complaining Jom. I just started wondering about purchases I've made like ready made product from NCN,Skinactives and others.I know there is research on some of the ingredients but how do they test these products. I think I have read on their sites that they give it to friends, family, past clients and see how they like it and whether it works for them but that isn't clinic research.
Does anyone know? Not just these companies I've bought from Fresh, Ole henriksen, Ren Etc,etc. and I'm not sure any of the stuff I bought has published studies behind it. Maybe on some of the ingredients but not the ready made product.

I don't think places like NCN and Skinactives test products I think they just use "clinically proven" ingredients in their products so when they make claims about the product they make the claims of the ingredients. Like they use retinol and then they claim the product can do what retinol is claimed to be able to do. I've never seen any data from Fresh, OH or Ren either. They don't do testing just use ingredients that have been studied then claim the product can do whatever the ingredient is said to be able to do. They never say if the ingredient is in the product in beneficial amounts, just that the product has the ingredient. Lots of skin care companies don't do clinical testing.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've purchased a myriad of products over the years without consulting any clincal studies.

All I'm pointing out is the irony in someone flying the flag for "Truth in Aging" and not providing any "truth" for his own product.

He has provided plenty of proof in all of the studies he has posted showing the benefits of BM-MSC. At least the main ingredient has a lot of clinical proof behind it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |