Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
25 y/o too young to use Tretinoin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
harry_d
5% products discount

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, first time poster here, although I have been browsing the forums for a few months.

I've always had really good skin, people often think i'm about 19-21, and even only 6 months ago i had no wrinkles or lines anywhere apart from slight ones comes from my eyes down my cheek. I then noticed a nose-to-mouth line forming, albeit very very small and unnoticeable to the naked eye. In panic, aswell as sorting my tired looking eyes and spots that had left marks on my face, I got some tretinoin.

I've been using it for about 3 months but inconsistently. I've not had any irritation and it's the 0.01% gel. However, my nose to mouth lines are increasing, again very slowly, but increasing nonetheless.

Can tretinoin have the opposite effect the anti-ageing effects on the skin you're trying to achieve if you use it when your skin isn't really that bad?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi harry - It would help to know your true age and skin condition. Welcome to EDS: Land of everything skin related and lots of opinions Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 25 (turned 25 in December) My skin condition is fine. I have a few marks from past whiteheads which i hope will slowly fade.

& thank you. Glad i've found others who are so consumed by wanting to have good, young skin!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi & welcome. I'm presuming 25 is your real age?
Here's a good thread I found about someone in a similar situation. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33797

I personally feel that in your 20s a good sunscreen, good hydration is the key. Retin a is probably something that may help slow down aging. For example you may look younger at 40 if you've been using retin a than say if you hadn't been. Most people on this board have said things like " I wish I had started sooner". Personally I wish I new about sunscreens more as its only been recently that I realized there a good sunscreens and not so good.

If you use retin-A the right way then I think you will benefit in the long term . Lastly hydration is also important as lack of could be why you have some lines at such a young age.

A good sunscreen is a must
Edited: Sorry okay posted at same time. LOL
HTHs
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
harry_d wrote:
Can tretinoin have the opposite effect the anti-ageing effects on the skin you're trying to achieve if you use it when your skin isn't really that bad?

It can if you don't avoid the sun. Retin-A usage comes with a commitment to wear a strong sunscreen EVERY day.

Also, if you look 20 and you don't have acne problems, there is no reason to use the high powered, drying gel. Studies are showing that you can have the same benefits with a lower level OTC retinol, and experience less irritation and dryness.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
It's my understanding that a lot of young people have used Retin A for acne, so I wouldn't think you're too young.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Since I started on Retin A, I've used Superdrug's Super Antioxidant Grape UV Defending SPF15 Day Cream, every single day. I only apply the gel at night too. And like i said, i've used it very inconsistently. I use Superdrug's Optimum Advanced Firm & Lift Perfecting Serum with Retinol in most morninghs and evenings too.

Maybe it's the fact that i've turned 25 now, my skin IS going to age a bit more than it used to and so maybe i need to use the retin-a more consistently?

Is there any other products you guys would recommend for nose-to-mouth/smile lines?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome! Smile What is the rest of your skincare routine - cleanser, exfoliator, shaving products etc? Are you consistently meeting or exceeding all your government's recommendations for healthy diet and lifestyle?

A factor 15 sunscreen is not sufficient protection for the summer months nor for any time of year whilst you are using a retinoid or other photo sensitisers. Furthermore chemical sunscreens can degrade into damaging pro-oxidants and do not always cover for both UVA and UVB; it would be wise to switch to a factor 30+ product based on zinc or titanium. Using Retin-A at night does not affect the need for protection against UV light since it is the chronic effects that are sensitising.

You should not be using retinol alongside tretinoin because they are both forms of vitamin A (retinoids), and certainly not starting out with the highest strength of Retin-A on the delicate eye area. Three months is also too short for any positive effects in the dermis, where wrinkles form, more so as you have not been using the product consistently. Whilst you may not see redness or flaking, much irritation/ inflammation occurs at the cellular level and so cannot be seen. One sign of irritation/ damage to the skin barrier is dehydration, which can worsen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles meaning you *may* have be experiencing negative side effects that you have not recognised.

Not meaning to be rude but I am concerned you are not using a prescription medication safely and effectively. It might be wise to run a search here or on Skincaretalk forums and read all the longer threads on Retin-A, or make an appointment with a dermatologist. Confused

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Not meaning to be rude but I am concerned you are not using a prescription medication safely and effectively. It might be wise to run a search here or on Skincaretalk forums and read all the longer threads on Retin-A, or make an appointment with a dermatologist. Confused

I agree 100%, including that an SPF of 15 isn't sufficient.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
harry_d wrote:
Since I started on Retin A, I've used Superdrug's Super Antioxidant Grape UV Defending SPF15 Day Cream, every single day. I only apply the gel at night too. And like i said, i've used it very inconsistently. I use Superdrug's Optimum Advanced Firm & Lift Perfecting Serum with Retinol in most morninghs and evenings too.

Maybe it's the fact that i've turned 25 now, my skin IS going to age a bit more than it used to and so maybe i need to use the retin-a more consistently?

Is there any other products you guys would recommend for nose-to-mouth/smile lines?

Hi Harry,

Am I getting this right, you are using both Retin A and also an OTC Retinol at the same time?
Some of us have super tough skin that can tolerate that (I am one, yet don't) but it can be very drying and worse irritating to many. If you are I would think about using only one of those, and find a simple light moisturizer during the day.

I agree with all about the SPF 15 being to low while on any Retinol, there are many good spf 30 sunscreens you can buy, my strong preference is a physical zinc oxide based one.

Welcome to the forum.
Very Happy

Correct me if I am incorrect about both RA and the Retinol.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Welcome! Smile What is the rest of your skincare routine - cleanser, exfoliator, shaving products etc? Are you consistently meeting or exceeding all your government's recommendations for healthy diet and lifestyle?

A factor 15 sunscreen is not sufficient protection for the summer months nor for any time of year whilst you are using a retinoid or other photo sensitisers. Furthermore chemical sunscreens can degrade into damaging pro-oxidants and do not always cover for both UVA and UVB; it would be wise to switch to a factor 30+ product based on zinc or titanium. Using Retin-A at night does not affect the need for protection against UV light since it is the chronic effects that are sensitising.

You should not be using retinol alongside tretinoin because they are both forms of vitamin A (retinoids), and certainly not starting out with the highest strength of Retin-A on the delicate eye area. Three months is also too short for any positive effects in the dermis, where wrinkles form, more so as you have not been using the product consistently. Whilst you may not see redness or flaking, much irritation/ inflammation occurs at the cellular level and so cannot be seen. One sign of irritation/ damage to the skin barrier is dehydration, which can worsen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles meaning you *may* have be experiencing negative side effects that you have not recognised.

Thanks for the informative reply! This is my skincare routine when i stick to it:-

Wash face using a faceash with 2% salicylic acid.
Cleanse with either tea tree oil cleanser or witch hazel extract.
Apply serum that includes retinol, green tea & vitamin E -
Moisteurise with spf15 that includes collaxyl, shea butter, vitamin e and b5.

Sometimes i may only just use the serum and day cream, or one or the other.

At night, i'll usually run my face with warm water then apply the serum. Unless I'm applying retin-a, then that's all i put on, although i've applied borage cream over it sometimes.

I haven't exfoliated for a few months because i read you shouldn't exfoliate when using retin-A.
When I shave i soak my facial hair in warm-hot water first to open pore, use a shaving gel with aloe vera, cover face in cold water, use a natural aftershave then moisteurise.

I eat healthy, plenty of fruit, water is nearly all i drink, never consume any fizzy drinks.

Firefox7275 wrote:

I started using it after reading about it in a thread on RealSelf. I started by using it once every 3 days or so. And then after a couple of weeks i was using it once EOD, and then after another week or so i was applying it on my under eye area EOD. Then after that i've become inconsistent with it, maybe using it twice a week on average.
harry_d
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Hi Harry,

Am I getting this right, you are using both Retin A and also an OTC Retinol at the same time?
Some of us have super tough skin that can tolerate that (I am one, yet don't) but it can be very drying and worse irritating to many. If you are I would think about using only one of those, and find a simple light moisturizer during the day.

I agree with all about the SPF 15 being to low while on any Retinol, there are many good spf 30 sunscreens you can buy, my strong preference is a physical zinc oxide based one.

Welcome to the forum.
Very Happy

That is correct. Although i don't apply them at the same time. It's only because i read that retinol is very very weak and that's why it's only a cosmetic product.

I've obviously made a big mistake! I may actually leave the retin-a for now.
harry_d
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the forum.
Very Happy

That is correct. Although i don't apply them at the same time. It's only because i read that retinol is very very weak and that's why it's only a cosmetic product.

Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Which specific brands of cleansers and shaving gels are you using, Harry_d? And are you double cleansing twice daily? Do they contain sulphate surfactants or alkaline soaps? The actives you list in the cleansers are all quite harsh/ dehydrating which may be adding to the dryness/ underlying irritation.

Are you meeting all the healthy eating requirements including oily fish, other sources of essential fatty acids, wholegrains, etc? Sorry to sound nit-picky but this is what I do for a living!! Sounds like you are on the right track with the anti-ageing actives in your cream and serum, depending on the concentration. Very Happy

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
harry_d wrote:
Quote:

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the forum.
Very Happy

Harry,

Please don't think I was scolding you, your skin may tolerate both, I would try going without the retinol in the day just to see if that is possibly causing you dryness.
That can make skin appear to have lines, when it is just being over dried.
Sorry if I sounded as though I was trying to make you feel you had done something wrong!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I would pick the retin-a or the retinol and just use one. Then add a day moisturizer and up your SPF. It takes our skin a long time to acclimate to retin-a and it looks worse before it looks better!

5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Which specific brands of cleansers and shaving gels are you using, Harry_d? And are you double cleansing twice daily? Do they contain sulphate surfactants or alkaline soaps? The actives you list in the cleansers are all quite harsh/ dehydrating which may be adding to the dryness/ underlying irritation.

I use a tea tree oil cleanser by a brand called Skinology. It also has peppermint oil, salicyic acid. Sometimes i use another cleanser by a brand called Witch. It's a witch hazel extract cleanser with chamomile, aloe vera and vitamin E. It has some parabens in too.
The shaving gel i use is King of Shaves. It contains aloe vera and tee tree. I don't shave that often though, well, like once a week maybe?

Quote:
Are you meeting all the healthy eating requirements including oily fish, other sources of essential fatty acids, wholegrains, etc? Sorry to sound nit-picky but this is what I do for a living!! Sounds like you are on the right track with the anti-ageing actives in your cream and serum, depending on the concentration. Very Happy

I'd say I was! I eat about 3 pieces of wholegrain bread toasted every morning. I probably have fish twice a week? I don't eat much meat, only chicken when i do. I cook a lot of my food in olive oil. I could probably eat more nuts and seeds.
I take 1000mg of fish oils every day, 120mg of CoQ10, 120mg of Ginkgo, recently started taking 1000mg of chewable vitamin c tablets aswell as 1000mg of MSM.

Thanks for your help!
harry_d
5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Harry,

Please don't think I was scolding you, your skin may tolerate both, I would try going without the retinol in the day just to see if that is possibly causing you dryness.
That can make skin appear to have lines, when it is just being over dried.
Sorry if I sounded as though I was trying to make you feel you had done something wrong!

Oh don't worry, i know you wasn't, i just genuinely got concerned i'd been doing something pretty bad to my skin from what people were saying. My skin's not actually on the outside, or did you mean in my dermis? 'Cause i always moisteurise and if it's not moist later in the day i moisteurise again.

LauraLizzie wrote:
I would pick the retin-a or the retinol and just use one. Then add a day moisturizer and up your SPF. It takes our skin a long time to acclimate to retin-a and it looks worse before it looks better!

So if i use retin-a at night, there is no way i can do more damage to my skin as long as i moisturise properly? I've just ordered Cosmetic Skin Solutions Broad Spectrum UV Shield spf 30.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
harry_d wrote:

Oh don't worry, i know you wasn't, i just genuinely got concerned i'd been doing something pretty bad to my skin from what people were saying. My skin's not actually on the outside, or did you mean in my dermis? 'Cause i always moisteurise and if it's not moist later in the day i moisteurise again.

I was only referring to the drying effect on the epidermis that can look like you have lines/wrinkles, not any cellular level damage at all.
I know members have reported that with use of Retin A/Retinols so thought possibly that may have caused the issue for you.
Seems that may not be the case for you though. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
My skin's always looked really young, better than younger friends of mine! I might post a photo of the area of my skin i'm on about if i can work out how.

Do you think nose to mouth lines can be a knock on effect of loose skin from higher up the face, like maybe around the eye area or cheek bone area?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
harry_d wrote:

I use a tea tree oil cleanser by a brand called Skinology. It also has peppermint oil, salicyic acid. Sometimes i use another cleanser by a brand called Witch. It's a witch hazel extract cleanser with chamomile, aloe vera and vitamin E. It has some parabens in too.
The shaving gel i use is King of Shaves. It contains aloe vera and tee tree. I don't shave that often though, well, like once a week maybe?

I'd say I was! I eat about 3 pieces of wholegrain bread toasted every morning. I probably have fish twice a week? I don't eat much meat, only chicken when i do. I cook a lot of my food in olive oil. I could probably eat more nuts and seeds.
I take 1000mg of fish oils every day, 120mg of CoQ10, 120mg of Ginkgo, recently started taking 1000mg of chewable vitamin c tablets aswell as 1000mg of MSM.

Thanks for your help!

Your diet sounds very decent! Are you getting some protein in early in the day?

Skinology tea tree wash is based on sulphate surfactants which are proven to damage the skin barrier down as low as 1%! IMO lose that - use it up as body wash. Also don't let any shampoo bubbles rinse over your face in the shower, commercial shampoos are ~20% sulphate surfactants and even bubbles sets my eczema off, despite rinsing. When I quit sulphates and other harsh surfactants I was surprised how my skin became less oily but also noticably better hydrated, which makes lines and wrinkles less visible. Very Happy

The Witch face wash ingredients look marginally better, but I would only use it if it does not leave your skin tight even if you didn't follow up with a serum or moisturiser. If you prefer foaming products the least drying surfactant is probably cocoamidopropyl betaine. Several of the King of Shaves products also contain sulphate surfactants but this might not be a problem if you are only using it once a week. You indicated earlier that you are cleansing with two products, one with salicylic and a separate one with tea tree, did I get the wrong end of the stick?

harry_d
5% products discount

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:

Your diet sounds very decent! Are you getting some protein in early in the day?

Skinology tea tree wash is based on sulphate surfactants which are proven to damage the skin barrier down as low as 1%! IMO lose that - use it up as body wash. Also don't let any shampoo bubbles rinse over your face in the shower, commercial shampoos are ~20% sulphate surfactants and even bubbles sets my eczema off, despite rinsing. When I quit sulphates and other harsh surfactants I was surprised how my skin became less oily but also noticably better hydrated, which makes lines and wrinkles less visible. Very Happy

The Witch face wash ingredients look marginally better, but I would only use it if it does not leave your skin tight even if you didn't follow up with a serum or moisturiser. If you prefer foaming products the least drying surfactant is probably cocoamidopropyl betaine. Several of the King of Shaves products also contain sulphate surfactants but this might not be a problem if you are only using it once a week. You indicated earlier that you are cleansing with two products, one with salicylic and a separate one with tea tree, did I get the wrong end of the stick?

I do try to get some protein at lunch time, either through chicken but most often meat substitutes.

The only shampoo I use that contains sulphates is nizoral/ketoconazole which i use twice a week to aid with hair loss but i'll be more careful to not let it leave my head in future. The other days i use natural shampoos Smile

The Skinology is the tee tree cleanser which also contains salicylic acid, and the Witch cleanser - they're the 2 i either use together or alternate between. The face wash i use is actually Garnier Pure Active Deep Pore Wash which contains 2% salicylic acid, which i've just noticed also contains sulphates!
I'm gonna get some new cleansers and facewash - are there any you would recommend? Is it better to stick with those that are purely natural ingredients, maybe Body Shop products?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Try to take in protein little and often from breakfast, the body cannot store spare so ideally needs some every three to four hours. I intended to edit my earlier post to say you might bump up your fish oil intake to 3g of DHA and EPA a day (6-9 grams of product, depending on the strength), but the forum crashed! You may already know but omega-3s are powerful anti-inflammatories and can also alter the composition of your sebum, so effective in anti-ageing and acne. They are also incorporated into cell menmbranes, helping the skin hold water.

Body Shop has gone downhill since it was sold, they use parabens and other nasties now. You are in the UK right? I like NaturallyThinking extra mild sulphate-free shower gel (yes, for face and even for hair because their shampoo is almost identical). Be sure to pay by PayPal as their customer service is patchy.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Shower-Gel-SLS-free-Extra-Mild.html
IMO start out with this as is for a couple of weeks, then add a little tea tree if you feel you need it. You should not be double cleansing tho, one wash will shift the days dirt and your sunscreen, two will start dissolving the lipids in the ski barrier. If you want a little exfoliation, you might try using a cotton muslin cloth with your face wash?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Cotton-Facial-Cleansing-Muslin-Cloth-Makeup-Removal-/130681966603

Did you know sulphate surfactants in shampoo can contribute to hair loss? The only shampoo I know of that contains ketoconazole but is sulphate free is Regenepure. Not as cheap as Nizoral I am afraid, but it does contain other proven actives for hair loss
http://www.regenepure.com/regenepure-dr-doctor-recommended.html/
If you do come across a cheaper ketoconazole shampoo that is sulphate-free I would appreciate a PM because it drives me nuts having nothing to recommend to those with seborrhoeic dermatitis (greasy dandruff, sulphates are no good for those with dermatitis).

HTH! Wink

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Here is a start:

Sulfate free shampoo list you can find in your local market:
- ABBA True Curls Shampoo
- Alba Shampoo
- Alfa Parf’s Splendore Hydrate Shampoo
- Allafia Shampoo
- Aloe Jojoba Shampoo
- Aubrey Organics Shampoo
- Aveda Shampoo
- Avalon Shampoo
- Burt Bees Shampoo
- BrocatoSplash Shampoo
- Body Shop’s Honey Moisturizing Shampoo
- Beauty Without Cruelty Shampoo
- Dead Sea Natural Mineral Shampoo
- Deva Curl Low Poo Shampoo
- Desert Essence Shampoo
- Enjoy Shampoo
- Fragile Color Safe Shampoo
- Herbal Choice Natural Shampoo
- Honey Moisturizing Shampoo from Body Shop
- Jason Shampoo
- John Masters Organic Shampoo
- Jonathan Shampoo
- Kenra Shampoo
- Kiss My Face Shampoo
- L’ANZA Shampoo
- Logona Shampoo
- Mastey Shampoo
- Max Green Scalp Rescue Shampoo
- Nature Gate Organic Shampoo
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo
- Nuture My Body Organic Volumizing Shampoo
- Optima Australian Tea Tree Shampoo
- Organic Care Systems Shampoo
- OSMO Shampoo
- Paves Prof Shampoo
- Pravana Shampoo
- Pureology Shampoo
- Real Purity Shampoo
- SEXY HAIR Shampoo
- Shikai Shampoo
- Silkane Shampoo
- Tara Smith’s Shampoo
- TiGi Shampoo
- Treasured Locks Shampoo
- Ultimate Shampoo
- Zerran Shampoo

http://sulfatefreeshampoosite.com/sulfate-free-shampoo-list.html

Some info on here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shampoo

Another list:

Although this is a pretty long list of sulfate-free shampoos, there are still many more good ones on the market you can try. Overall, these listed are all good shampoos AND are also good for those with color-treated hair. Hope this list is helpful!

And let me know your favorite sulfate free shampoos- Your personal seal of approval may help out a fellow naturalista who’s confused on what to buy Smile

Abba Pure Gentle Shampoo

Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo

Abba Pure Basic Shampoo

Abba Pure Color Protect

Abba Pure Curl Shampoo

AG Hair Cosmetics Colour Savour Sulfate-free Shampoo

AG Hair Cosmetics Recoil Curl Activating Shampoo

Alba Botanica Cocoa Butter Dry Repair Hair Wash

Alba Botanica Coconut Milk Extra Enrich Hair Wash

Alba Botanica Gardenia Hydrating Hair Wash

Alba Botanica Honeydew Nourishing Hair Wash

Alba Botanica Mango Moisturizing Hair wash

Alba Botanica Plumeria Replenishing Hair wash

Alba Botanica Daily Shampoo (also clarifying shampoo)

Alterna Color Hold Repair Shampo

Alterna Color Hold Shine Shampoo

Alterna Color Hold Straight Shampoo

Alterna Scalp Therapy

Alterna Clarifying Shampoo

Alterna Color Hold Repair Shampoo

Alterna Volume Restore Shampoo

Anita Grant Babassu Lavender Rose Shampoo and Shower Bar (UK)

Anita Grant Peppermint Babassu Shampoo Bar (UK)

Anita Grant Organic Kelp + Ylang Babassu Shampoo Bar (UK)

Aubrey Organics BGA Protein + Strengthening Shampoo

Aubrey Organics Egyptian Henna Shine-Enhancing Shampoo

Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Shampoo

Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo

Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Shampoo

Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Desert Herb Revitalizing Shampoo

Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta® Nourishing Shampo

Aubrey Organics White Camelia Ultra Smoothing Shampoo

Auromere Ayurvedic Sulfate-Free Aloe Vera-Neem Shampoo

Avalon Organics Awapuhi Mango Moisturizing Shampoo

Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo

Avalon Organics Extra Moisturizing Olive and Grapeseed Shampoo

Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Shampoo

Avalon Organics Clarifying Lemon Shampoo

Avalon Organics Shine Ylang Ylang Shampoo

Avalon Organics Smoothing Grapefruit & Geranium Shampoo

Avalon Organics Strengthening Peppermint Shampoo

Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint Treatment Shampoo

Avalon Organics Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Shampoo

Avalon Organics Tear-Free Baby Shampoo

Avalon Organics Volumizing Rosemary Shampoo

Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo

Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo

Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo

Aveda Men’s Pureformance Shampoo

Bed Head Foxy Curls Frizz-Fighting Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Bed Head Superstar Sulfate-Free Shampoo for Thick Massive Hair

Bee Mine Peppermint & Tea Tree Nourishing Shampoo

Blended Beauty Soy Cream Shampoo

Body and Bath Omega-3 Hemp Moisturizing Shampoo

Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo

Burt’s Bees Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed Shampoo

Burt’s Bees More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Shampoo

Burt’s Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar

Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo

Burt’s Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

CHI Ionic Color Protection System Sulfate Free Shampoo

Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Gentle Cleansing Shampoo

CURLS Pure Curls Organic Clarifying Shampoo

CURLS Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream – Organic Shampoo

CURLS Curlie Cutie Cleansing Cream – Organic Shampoo

CUSH Hydration Supreme Conditioning Shampoo

DermOrganic Conditioning Shampoo

DevaCurl No-Poo Cleanser

DevaCurl Low-Poo Cleanser

Dr. Bronner’s Almond Liquid Soap Almond

Dr. Bronner’s Citrus Orange Liquid Soap

Dr. Bronner’s Eucalyptus Liquid Soap

Dr. Bronner’s Lavender Liquid Soap

Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap

Dr. Bronner’s Rose Liquid Soap

Dr. Bronner’s Tea Tree Oil Liquid Soap

Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo

Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo

Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Shampoo

Giovanni Golden Wheat Shampoo

Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume

Giovanni Wellness Shampoo with Chinese Botanicals

Hair Rules Aloe Grapefruit Purifying Shampoo

Hair Rules Daily Cleansing Cream

Jane Carter Solution Hydrating Invigorating Shampoo

Jason Natural Tea Tree Scalp Normalizing Shampoo

Jason Natural Biotin & Peppermint Strengthening Shampoo

Jason Natural Grapefruit and Aloe Smoothing Shampoo

Jason Natural Lavender & Rosemary Curl Defining Shampoo

Jason Natural Tall Grass Shampoo

Jason Natural Rosewater & Chamomile Normalizing Shampoo

Jason Natural Plumeria & Sea Kelp Moisturizing Shampoo

Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo

Jonathan Product- Infinite Volume Shampoo

Jonathan Product- Weightless No Frizz Shampoo

Jonathan Product Hydrating Shampoo

Jonathan Product Green Routine Nourishing Shampoo

Herbal Choice Natural Tea Tree shampoo

Karen’s Body Beautiful Bodacious Beauty Bar (Shampoo Bar)

Karen’s Body Beautiful Cool Clarifying Shampoo

Karen’s Body Beautiful Ultimate Conditioning Shampoo

Kenra Platinum Color Care Shampoo

KeraCare 1st Lather Shampoo

KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

Kinky-Curly Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo

Kiss My Face Aromatherapeutic

Kiss My Face SaHaira (wheat amino acids)

L’Oreal Everstrong Hydrating Shampoo

L’Oreal Everpure Smooth Shampoo

L’Oreal Everpure Volumizing Shampoo

L’Oreal Everstrong Reconstructing Shampoo

L’Oreal Hair Expertise Everstrong Sulfate-Free Fortify System Bodify Shampoo

MOP C-System Clean Shampoo

MOP C-System Hydrating Shampoo

MOP C-Curl Enhancing Shampoo

Neutragena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo

Organix Awakening Mocho Expresso Shampoo

Organix Energizing Passion Fruit Guava

Organix Enriching Cucumber Yogurt

Organix Fortifying Lavender Soymilk Shampoo

Organix Healing Mandarin Olive Oil

Organix Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

Organix Instant Repair Cocoa Butter Shampoo

Organix Moisturizing Grapefruit Mango Butter

Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo

Organix Rejuvenating Cherry Blossom Ginseng Shampoo

Organix Revitalizing Pomengranate Green Tea

Organix Smoothing Shea Butter Shampoo

Organix Soft and Silky Vanilla Silk Shampoo

Organix White Tea Grapeseed Shampoo

Oyin Grand Poo Bar

Phyto Phytojoba Gentle Regulating Milk Shampoo – Dry Hair Formula

Pureology Shampoos

Qhemet Biologics Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea

Queen Helene Mint Julep Shampoo

Scruples White Tea Sulfate Free Restorative Shampoo

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Silk Elements ColorCare Sulfate Free Shampoo

Softsheen Breakthru Fortifying Moisturizing Shampoo

TIGI S-Factor Health Factor Sulfate-Free Daily Dose Shampoo Hair Shampoos

Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Shampoo

Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo”

http://urbankinks.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/sulfate-free-shampoo-list/

5% products discount

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:44 am      Reply with quote
6-9g of fish oil seems like a lot! lol. Although i've just ordered some flaxseed oil so that will certainly bump up my omega intake, and i may consider getting some cod liver oil capsules too.

Yes i'm in the UK. Oh really? I'll be sure to stay clear of Body Shop then, they're vastly overpriced anyway, imo! The one you suggested, althought it looks safe, i love things with extracts in! What do you think to Yes To Tomatoes face wash? SLS and Paraben free. I've binned my skinology cleanser, i'll use my Witch cleanser until it runs out and look for a purely natural one, to use just once at night before i apply my retinol or retin-a.

I do try to stay clear of unhealthy shampoos where i can, but i think Nizoral is a must when tackling hair loss . I try to keep my use of it down, and i've started using Folligen for scalp health (&hopefully hair growth) alongside it. I've actually used Regenepure before but as you say, it's very expensive, about £20 a bottle, and i'm not sure whether it's 1% or 2% Keto in Regenepure. DS Labs hair growth shampoo has keto in it too and is sls free but again, £20 a bottle. Have you tried finding the ingredients for Neutrogena's T-Gel shampoos? They're made for dermatities and their one for normal to oily hair might be SLS free.

Thanks for your help and advice!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |