Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Smashbox (eye) Brow Tech kit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I have naturally dark brown brows that are really heavy and thick (think Brooke Shields in the early 80s), that I only recently started shaping (other than plucking the unibrow stuff over the bridge of my nose) because my brows grow so quickly that I figured to try and keep them shaped would be a full-time job.

So, anyway, because my brows are so dark already (I’m a redhead – yes, my coloring is natural, although that doesn't mean I don't give Mother Nature a bit of help! Wink ) I figured I didn’t need to use any kind of brow pencil or anything to define them, but – with my paycheck burning a hole in my pocket – I went to Sephora on Wednesday for one item and walked out about $250 lighter in the pocketbook!

One of the things I bought was the Smashbox Brow Tech in 'Smashing Brunette', along with a $7 Sephora eyebrow brush. I decided to practice with it when I got home that evening and it was a good thing I did because brow #1 ended up looking like a drag queen’s! I used much less powder on the other brow and than “sealed” it with the wax and I was astonished by the difference it made to my face.

Okay, now I’m convinced: perfectly groomed eyebrows really *do* provide the overall frame for one’s face. Wonderful, great, fantastic, totally natural looking: what more could you want?? Ms. Lemming says: “Go buy this!”

Carrie
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie wave I bought the brow tech in a set from QVC, I couldnt use it to save my life Embarassed I dont pluck my eyebrows, I cant stand the pain. Frankly, its love me, love my eyebrows. I did recently buy a NADS wand for facial hair and had a go at waxing them. Once each eye brow was enough for me. From now on Im au natural Laughing
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie. I agree with you 100% that brows make or break a face!
I am currently trying to grow out my brows a bit and it's taking forever because I can't help but pluck them. I hate the akward regrowth stage...I can never seem to get them looking right. I've been trying since sept and it's downright pathetic how little has come back.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I also agree with this - until I "do" my brows my face just doesn't have the same look to it. I use the Brow Zings compact from BeneFit and that's pretty good - it also has the powder & wax combo. Has anyone tried BE Perfect Brows or BE Brow Color? I am wondering how that compares although I think that's just pigment and no wax.

Lianne - hang in there it'll be worth it in the end! It took me ages to grow out my brows because I kept caving in and plucking. Finally after about three months I made it and went to have them professionally shaped. It was well worth it and they look pretty damn good now if I may say so myself! Cool
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I also use the brow tech and love it - it's great stuff! If you are a wearer of eyeliner you should give Smashbox's eyeliner a shot - it goes on like a dream, is applicator idiot-proof, can blend to a shadow - doesn't pull (at ALL!) and it lasts and lasts to boot! I would NEVER use liquid or pencil liner again!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed oh dear, I must be an idiot, cause I couldnt use the liner, so for now, stuck with those pencils.... Sad
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Cindi - it's amazing how one person's panacea is another person's nightmare Sad I've been off the pencils for so long now that I probaby couldn't line with one properly if I tried! Shock Sad When I use the SB cream liner, I apply it with my eyes open and chin tilted way up - that way i have full lid view and access....then I just "wiggle-walk" the brush across my lashline and voila!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
What a pro! I ditched the cream, caviar and something else and also the brow tech. I love their shadows and blushers however they are taking a back seat while I experiment with the BE Cool
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
What a pro! I ditched the cream, caviar and something else and also the brow tech. I love their shadows and blushers however they are taking a back seat while I experiment with the BE Cool

Ditch 'em to me next time! Very Happy

I don't feel properly 'made up' without the brow tech now - I have really dark brows but this stuff fills them out - hard to explain - but if you have any thinner patches it blends them, adds shape and with the wax you can tease them up which opens the eye Wink I know people use pencils to draw in their brows and sometimes mascara but this stuff is very natural.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I also use the brow tech and love it - it's great stuff! If you are a wearer of eyeliner you should give Smashbox's eyeliner a shot - it goes on like a dream, is applicator idiot-proof, can blend to a shadow - doesn't pull (at ALL!) and it lasts and lasts to boot! I would NEVER use liquid or pencil liner again!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Oh yeah, absolutely! The Smashbox cream eyeliner and matching brush was my very first purchase from their line. And now I refuse to use any other eyeliner! I have it in Smashing Image (a black/gold/olive-y color) and the midnight purple (really makes my green eyes pop!).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
I know people use pencils to draw in their brows and sometimes mascara but this stuff is very natural.
You wanna talk about scary -- I know this lady at work who SHAVES off her entire eyebrows and then she draws them back on with an eyebrow pencil...if that's not bad enough, the way she draws them on gives her this look like she's permanently surprised!! Whenever I have to attend a meeting with this lady, I have to be sure I'm not sitting across from her in the conference room because I know if I kept looking up and seeing her eyebrows, I'd surely bust out into inappropriate laughter!!!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Eve wrote:
I know people use pencils to draw in their brows and sometimes mascara but this stuff is very natural.
You wanna talk about scary -- I know this lady at work who SHAVES off her entire eyebrows and then she draws them back on with an eyebrow pencil...if that's not bad enough, the way she draws them on gives her this look like she's permanently surprised!! Whenever I have to attend a meeting with this lady, I have to be sure I'm not sitting across from her in the conference room because I know if I kept looking up and seeing her eyebrows, I'd surely bust out into inappropriate laughter!!!

why oh why oh why do they do it? Maybe she thinks she's an old movie star? It would be a test of acting skills not to giggle.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
ouch carrie...that sounds scary! I know a lady who has them tatooed on and I have to say they do look decent. I believe she still has hair there...she doesn't shave em or anything. she's just got naturally light brows.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have naturally blond hair and very light eyebrows. I used to swear by Paula Dorf's Brow Duet. It is awesome because it gives two shades of brow powder so that you can mix as you need to get the perfect color.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P8707&shouldPaginate=true

But, it always seems like at the end of the day, the powder had wiped away and I was left looking like I had no eyebrows. So I decided to try LORAC's Brow Wax. I it!! It gives great natural looking color, stays on all day and keeps your freshly combed brow shape!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P8527&shouldPaginate=true

As far as liner goes, I used to never use it until a SA at the Trish McEvoy counter showed me how to use theirs. Now, I always use liner. Trish's liners are super easy to use. They are little squares of pressed powder (like her shadows) You dip your brush in her Finish Line product then wipe it across the liner. The result is an awesome powder liner that does not smudge!

Liz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |