Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
New Microcurrent System from SSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Just a heads up for my EDS peeps, it looks like HSN's Today's Special starting at midnight ET tonight will be a new Microcurrent and Facial Toning System from Serious Skin Care. It has twin handheld units. The price tonight will be different than the one currently online and will probably have more flexpays. I'll definitely be checking it out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Just a heads up for my EDS peeps, it looks like HSN's Today's Special starting at midnight ET tonight will be a new Microcurrent and Facial Toning System from Serious Skin Care. It has twin handheld units. The price tonight will be different than the one currently online and will probably have more flexpays. I'll definitely be checking it out.

I like the fact there there are two handheld units! Wow, at that price, it is definitely worth serious consideration. Right now it's at $139... are you saying it will be even less later tonight?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
RyanA wrote:

I like the fact there there are two handheld units! Wow, at that price, it is definitely worth serious consideration. Right now it's at $139... are you saying it will be even less later tonight?

It may have been announced as a today's special?

Here is the time to watch HSN for today:

Date Friday, April 20, 2012 Time (ET) 11:00 PM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
RyanA wrote:

Yes, if it's the TS tonight, it will be a lower price and probably 5 flexpays. And the TS price is for 24 hours or until they sell out. I think it's going to be the TS, but then I saw on their FB page it may be something else, so now I'm not positive. Sometimes they change things at the last minute. Either way, you're right, it's still a great price and I also like the fact that it has 2 handheld units.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the sale price. It's a different item number than the one I linked earlier.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered it. Does anyone know the "other" machine that they are referring to which is almost $300?

I really like that it has the two components. It looks relaxing.

Thanks. Smile
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
SaRaia, I think they are referring to the Nuface. I want something that you can use right on the neck so I will wait to see if they do that presentation before I order.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
SaRaia, I think they are referring to the Nuface. I want something that you can use right on the neck so I will wait to see if they do that presentation before I order.

The info on the SSC is as follows, it says it can be used on the neck:

Serious Skincare Microcurrent-Plus Facial Toning System
Face the world with confidence, each and every day. This complete system uses electronic impulses to gently contract and relax muscles in the face and neck, which helps lift and firm the look of your skin and reduces the appearance of visible fine lines and wrinkles. Adjust the speed and intensity to the frequency you desire and choose from three temporary skin-toning programs to match your skin's needs. Dual handheld units let you simultaneously work both sides of your face and neck, cutting your beauty regimen in half. Create a more youthful appearance in no time!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Darkmoon. Yes, I had seen that, and they did say on the air that it could be used on the neck, but none of the models are doing that. I just wanted to see an actual presentation. I don't know why they show all three models doing the face. You would think they would use one model to demonstate the neck and jawline.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
Hi Darkmoon. Yes, I had seen that, and they did say on the air that it could be used on the neck, but none of the models are doing that. I just wanted to see an actual presentation. I don't know why they show all three models doing the face. You would think they would use one model to demonstate the neck and jawline.

I don't know why either, I am trying not to watch it on TV, too many expenditures this month as it is!
It is tempting to me though! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:29 am      Reply with quote
LOL! I know what you mean! I do flexeffect, do the facemaster for my eyes, and the timemachine for my jawline. So why am I watching the presentations? Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
LOL! I know what you mean! I do flexeffect, do the facemaster for my eyes, and the timemachine for my jawline. So why am I watching the presentations? Laughing

Swissmom,

You are in the company of skincare/gadgets junkies here, so I think we all do that! Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Last evening I just happen to pop in the forums to see what's been happening, and came across this new gadget. Very Happy last night I watched the presentation and they said it can be used on the Décolletage area also.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
Last evening I just happen to pop in the forums to see what's been happening, and came across this new gadget. Very Happy last night I watched the presentation and they said it can be used on the Décolletage area also.

LOL. Angelfire,

Stop tempting me more! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
My thanks go out to Ryan for posting this! You just saved me a lot of money! Very Happy

I was online looking at the Nuface Trinity & seriously contemplating purchase when I checked in here & saw your post.

So I ordered it - if it works - what a deal!
(will dump the skincare products tho - LOL)

Thanks again!
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita, I'm glad you were able to get it. I think they are almost sold out.

As for me, I ordered it, but I think I'm going to cancel (you have until midnight the same day to cancel with HSN). It's powered by a 9 volt battery, and the more I've been investigating skin care gadgets recently, I'm thinking that's going to be a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to worry about constantly changing batteries and I don't want to be wondering if I am getting a full powered treatment as batteries get weaker. I've been coming across several battery-powered gadgets recently. Is it so hard to make a plug in unit?

The only battery powered gadget I am currently considering is Safetox, but even then, that's a major drawback.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:

As for me, I ordered it, but I think I'm going to cancel (you have until midnight the same day to cancel with HSN). It's powered by a 9 volt battery, and the more I've been investigating skin care gadgets recently, I'm thinking that's going to be a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to worry about constantly changing batteries and I don't want to be wondering if I am getting a full powered treatment as batteries get weaker. I've been coming across several battery-powered gadgets recently. Is it so hard to make a plug in unit?

The only battery powered gadget I am currently considering is Safetox, but even then, that's a major drawback.

As tempting as it seemed I concur with you on the battery operated system of this product.

I just can't imagine it packing the punch we are all looking for, I may be wrong but I find it a turn off as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
RyanA wrote:

As tempting as it seemed I concur with you on the battery operated system of this product.

I just can't imagine it packing the punch we are all looking for, I may be wrong but I find it a turn off as well.

That was my ultimate conclusion as well. However, for those people who purchased the unit, I would love your feedback! I know the Safetox gets rave reviews and it's battery operated so this might have some possibilities Smile (at least that would be the hope since the price is so inexpensive compared to other microcurrent machines).

Fact is, I received my Safetox over a week ago and still have not used it! Just trying to read the directions made me tired, lol. Must jump onto that train next week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it, my concerns over not plugging it in have been over-ridden by my desire to use it wherever! I will let you know what I think.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ok got mine yesterday, opened it up tonight to use. Put in battery, turned it on, coulnd't feel much at all on my face as far as current goes, if any most of the time. Decide I must have the battery not attached completely, check, OMG THE TOP OF THE BATTERY CONNECTOR IS BROKEN OFF. Call HSN, I have 2 options since it is completely sold out and will be for months:

1. I can keep and still use (minus any power btw) for a partial refund. Still laughing that this is even an option.

2. Return for a full refund and I will just have to wait for restock to re-order. Re-ordering will not happen.

Ok so this is a no-brainer. Perhaps all of you were right, battery is a BAD idea!

So much for a brand new broken item.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Ok got mine yesterday, opened it up tonight to use. Put in battery, turned it on, coulnd't feel much at all on my face as far as current goes, if any most of the time. Decide I must have the battery not attached completely, check, OMG THE TOP OF THE BATTERY CONNECTOR IS BROKEN OFF. Call HSN, I have 2 options since it is completely sold out and will be for months:

1. I can keep and still use (minus any power btw) for a partial refund. Still laughing that this is even an option.

2. Return for a full refund and I will just have to wait for restock to re-order. Re-ordering will not happen.

Ok so this is a no-brainer. Perhaps all of you were right, battery is a BAD idea!

So much for a brand new broken item.

LOL... Option no. 1 is too funny... as if!! Rolling Eyes

Well, NCN still has their new lifting device coming out in June... I would take the refund from this unit and put it into a savings jar... I am waiting for Nanci's unit with bated breath. But we shall see... sometimes the hype is way more interesting than the product (case in point!!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Can't agree more on waiting!!! I too am still laughing on my partial refund, and keep the machine Laughing .

Forgot to add I was offered an option 3: I could sent it in for repairs, since it still fell under manufacturer's Warranty. OMG are they kidding $150.00 brand new out of the box machine.

Perhaps the product God's have something better in store! Wink
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Can't agree more on waiting!!! I too am still laughing on my partial refund, and keep the machine Laughing .

Forgot to add I was offered an option 3: I could sent it in for repairs, since it still fell under manufacturer's Warranty. OMG are they kidding $150.00 brand new out of the box machine.

Perhaps the product God's have something better in store! Wink

I'm sure the product Gods are watching out for you!! And speaking of trying to "get a deal," I just tried out a skin scrubber I bought from LCL Beauty for the very low price of $69.77. Did I think the quality would be as good as the typical $250 Bellaire or BT-Micro... no... but... I was kind of hoping for 'close.'

Well, after my mini home facial, I realize that cheap doesn't cut it. But heck, it was worth a try, right?? I did find out that I love the concept of an ultrasonic scrubber... as long as it actually works well!

So now I need to think over my options... once I get the PMD, I'm going to see just how necessary a skin scrubber really is... In an ideal world, yes, I would have that, a microderm unit, a microcurrent unit, ultrasound massager, and on and on... but a gal's gotta watch her pennies and right now I need to pick and choose my battles. But oooooh how I dream of my own private facial suite! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you will love your PMD!! Just did my 4th or perhaps 5th treatment (a girl just can't keep count) and I am more in love with it with each use!!! The way I got mine ( and your getting yours is a lot cheaper, but def not short cutting any results).

I do love my sonic cleaner (if that is what your referring too), it is worth every penny, and I sat on the fence and refused to buy one of these for ages (slaps self, bad girl) it makes the skincare we so covet, work in ways I only dreamed! Laughing ok seriously I do see a huge difference.

Now if they'd just make a bathroom with MORE PLUGS!!!!! geeez a woman should design more.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Oh you will love your PMD!! Just did my 4th or perhaps 5th treatment (a girl just can't keep count) and I am more in love with it with each use!!! The way I got mine ( and your getting yours is a lot cheaper, but def not short cutting any results).

I do love my sonic cleaner (if that is what your referring too), it is worth every penny, and I sat on the fence and refused to buy one of these for ages (slaps self, bad girl) it makes the skincare we so covet, work in ways I only dreamed! Laughing ok seriously I do see a huge difference.

Now if they'd just make a bathroom with MORE PLUGS!!!!! geeez a woman should design more.

I have to ask... what sonic cleaner do you use?? I loved the feeling but realize that a more professional version would feel even better.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |