Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Peels and Working out
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mfurst2010

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I recently have been trying to get back to my pre pregnancy weight AND fixing my so called post pregnancy 'Hormonal Acne'. I was going to the gym 3 days a week before i discovered the amazing results of Chemical peels, specifically started with Salicylic and Mandelic Acid peels. But in my research, I read that I can't work out /sweat during my peels. But I want to keep up with my weekly peels but then that means no working out? Does anyone have any work around for this? I know that from my current skin issues now, I will have to be doing peels for a good 2 to 4 months to get the results I want, but I don't want to have to not work out for that long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Depends how deep your peels are, if you are primarily exfoliating simply do your peel before a two or three day break from training. If you are doing deeper peels where the skin goes dry and peels away over a week or more then you need a longer downtime. Stressed skin does not heal as well, sweat is irritant and the increase in heat and blood flow will increase inflammation.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:49 am      Reply with quote
As opposed to going to the gym while you're continuing with the peels, why not opt for walking instead. Unless it's summer, or a steep incline I struggle to break into a sweat if I'm just walking.

Ironically for me I find anything with my skin heals faster when I exercise. My skin doctor just says to skip any exercise for 24 hours post-treatment, then return to my usual schedule - and I'm talking peels, microdermabrasion or laser.

Last year I had major surgery to remove a gigantic fibroid tumour (the size of a cantaloupe melon!) and my surgeon who knew I'm a fitness freak said to start back walking 3 weeks post surgery and start jogging again at 4 weeks -- his reason being that exercise and getting the blood circulating, etc actually speeds up healing. This worked really well for me. When I saw him at my 6 week check-up he was stoked at my healing and recovery and that I was pretty much back to my full fitness regime. I had zero post-operative complications and now I'm seriously at super human fitness levels Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |