Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New, Updated Rolling Poll
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I am planning to update my rolling regimen, so looking for collective knowledge and research - as wel, we have new rolling posters whose eyes are now damaged from reading through the hundreds of pages of the famous rolling thread so...let's share what we're doing:

Please cut/paste/add your own

Question 1:

What is your goal in rolling?

Me: anti-aging, some minor scarring

Question 2:

What types of rollers do you use and what needle length?

Me: I use the Leaf & Rush rollers for penetration rolling and the Dr. Roller brand in 1.25 and 1.5 for deep rolls

Question 3:

What parts of the body do you roll?

Me: face, hands, considering the neck

Question 4:

How do you disinfect your rollers?

Me: Iodine solution, use a clean toothbrush to scrub after soaking.

Question 5:

What is your pre-rolling regimen?

Me: cleanse *thoroughly* with tea tree oil based cleanser - hands, face, under the nails

Question 6:

Do you numb? if so, how?

Me: Emla (if I can get it!) LMX-4 - it's been trial and error and disappointing and uneven numbing effects - wish we had a magic bullet for this

Question 7:

What do you do after a roll is finished?

Me: immediately rinse and wash skin again with tea tree based cleanser, rinse well

Question 8:

What is your post rolling regimen?

Me: apply post rolling serum for a couple days - oil based, full of vitamins, updating my recipe...likely to contain red palm oil, oil based C & E, etc.

I am generally home for a couple days after a roll since my face is orange.

Question 9:

How often do you roll?

Me: short rollers - once or twice/week - long rollers - every 4-6 weeks, timing depends on peels.

BFG
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Question 1:

Thighs: Improving stretch marks. I would consider it successful if they would get just a slight tan in the summer.
Face: Better skin tone, also my upper eye area is beginning to sag a bit and the first minor lines are showing, if I could better those, I would be thrilled. Criteria for success is "just" improved skin tone, though.

Question 2:

Dr. Roller 1.5 mm, a no-brand 0.35 mm and 2.0 mm single needles.

Question 3:

Right now only my thighs. I'm in the process of getting IPL treatments for melasma and am afraid to ruin that somehow if I roll my face.

Question 4:

How do you disinfect your rollers?

Very hot water + disinfection spray containing alcohol

Question 5:

What is your pre-rolling regimen?

Shower and wash with neutral soap (no perfume, no excessive oils) + cotton pad with disinfection gel.

Question 6:

Do you numb? if so, how?

No. I can handle the 1.5 roller and single needling on my thighs and the 0.35 roller on my face without numbing. I do have have EMLA ready for when I'll be doing my first (and possibly only!) 1.5 roll on my face.

Question 7:

Rinse with hot water and a clean cloth.

Question 8:

In the face I apply HA, the legs I leave to suffer by themselves.
I usually roll in the evening. The next morning I use my regular body oil and/or day cream, that same evening I start with the vit A and after a couple of days the vit C.

As I bruise easily I'll be hiding my legs in pants for 7-10 days afterwards and do the face when there's a bank holiday on either Friday or Monday.

Question 9:

How often do you roll?

I plan on using the long roller or the single needle every 4-5 weeks.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Question 1:

Anti-aging and minor acne scars. A minor surgical scar as well. Also a couple of spots of damage from intense BHA peels that caused thinned skin

Question 2:

mostly single needle for the acne scars (ice pick), and the .25 or .5 for product penetration. Occasionally the 1.5 for a deep CIT roll. I have purchased DrRoller and from OwnDoc. Love owndoc's single needles. Quality is good from both on the rollers.

Question 3:

Face. I've done my hands once.

Question 6:
Do you numb? if so, how?

ELMA! Under wrap and for at least 45 minutes. And even doing that is not enough for my upper lip. It will stop the intense sneezing on my forehead, though.

Question 7:
What do you do after a roll is finished?

Cleanse, wait for the oozing to stop and wipe clean again. I then clean the rollers or needles with iodine soak, then an alcohol soak and rinse in hot water, leaving to air dry. Then I apply CPs.

Question 8:

apply CPs. I have also done rolls without the CPs using a pre-roll protocol of Vit C and A. I always use vit A anyway, though, as Retin A Micro is part of my routine. CPs are daily as well. Vit C is usually just before a roll.

My face will have a sunburned look for a day or so after a roll of a 1.5 roller. It will also peel (lightly) with a deep roll, usually peeling about 4-7 days later.

Question 9:
How often do you roll?

I really dislike rolling (sneezing from rolling my forehead and the pain of rolling my upper lip lines!), so it doesn't happen very often at all. Last year, I rolled 4X w/ either a .5 or a 1.5 and single needled 8X. This was in the 2nd half of the year. Prior to that, I could do no rolling for about a year and a half (thanks to the condition my skin was in from my debacle of using the 302 line. I have only rolled once this year. (Thanks for the reminder - time to prepare for the next one!)

Results: I have noticed considerable improvements with some icepick scars and usually continue to see improvement for up to 6 months after I needle them (and apply the CPs). Those will peel, oddly enough, from the inside of the scar (imagine they are shaped like a well). They then start to fill in - from the sides in and the bottom up.

I have not paid as much attention to the other rolls, but have seen the damaged areas that are under my mouth show improvement. If I would be more diligent about doing the rolls, I'm sure I'd get better results.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |