Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP! Skinterra iS Clinical rec doesn't match my purchase!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alysia56

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Okay, ladies and gents, I'm freaking out just a little bit, here.

I recently made a very large purchase of iS Clinical products after much, MUCH research (including these forums). After doing so, I decided to give the whole Skinterra questionnaire a go, and...well...their analysis and recommendation doesn't match what I bought, so I'm hoping for some input to either a) assure myself I was correct, or b) enable me to return the incorrect products prior to opening them.

Me: 30 years old, exceptionally oily skin…regardless of how well-hydrated I am inside and out, I am one of the oiliest people I've ever known. I'm fighting what many would consider mild-to-moderate acne, but occasionally break out in one to two large cysts at any given time. These larger ones tend to lead to scarring, which some might call post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, but my red marks don’t fade as quickly as usual PIH (honestly, I’ve had some for years; they are officially scars). Sometimes, even the smaller ones leave scars.

I did the whole Proactiv thing several years ago, which I honestly think was the worst mistake of my life, leading to premature aging in certain areas. I’ve been using Somme Institute products for the past 18 months, and while it worked nicely at first, I think my skin may have grown accustomed to it, as it just isn’t doing ANYTHING anymore. I break out like a high schooler, the red marks are worse than ever, and I’ve developed annoyingly dark hyperpigmentation around my chin (right around where marionette lines would develop, except I’ve got no lines there). Additionally, I’m starting to develop fairly deep forehead lines and wrinkles under the eyes, where I’ve always been dark to begin with.

The regimen I developed for myself is as follows:
Morning: Cleansing complex, Pro-Heal, Hydra-Cool, Youth Eye Complex
Night: Cleansing Complex, Active Serum, Hydra-Cool, Youth Eye Complex

Skinterra’s recommendation is as follows:
Morning: Cleansing Complex, Super Serum, Youth Eye Complex
Night: Cleansing Complex, Active Serum, Hydra-Cool, Youth Eye Complex

So basically, they’ve got me using Super Serum in the morning, no Pro-Heal at all, and no Hydra-Cool in the AM.

I don’t know what to do! I’ve got all this Pro-Heal coming and no Super Serum! I thought I read and did my research and was well-prepared (I actually planned out a whole regimen into Microsoft Excel so I could wean off my old products while introducing the new ones), and now I’m just…I’m freaking out that I did the wrong thing. Maybe I shouldn’t be freaking out so much, but it was a fairly large purchase I made, and I would much rather start it correctly.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Alysia,

I think you did a great job selecting your products. I think for skin with acne the ProHeal may be a better choice. That was the only real difference between your assessment and the Skinterra assessment. You can experiment with using the Hydra Cool in the morning since you're getting it for night time use too. I think you'll be fine with what you ordered. You can always call them and see if they can send you a sample of the Super serum (or check ebay for a sample) and then try that to see if you like it better than the Proheal but I think you'll be fine with what you ordered.

I used ISClinical quite a few years ago and their products are excellent. I think you'll like them a lot!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I think it is fine. I use ProHeal followed by Hydra Cool in the morning and Active Serum every third night followed by Hydra, bc my skin is more sensitive. I use night creams in between, which I tons of different ones!
I have tried every single IS Clinical product, eye creams, sunscreen powders, face wash and serums alike through the years and none work as well as those 3. I was an IS Clinical lab rat basically!
I have used (and still have some left) of the Super Serum but it is not my favorite. To be honest, it is a decent serum but I see better results with the Proheal overall. It compares more to the Exuviance Vespera Bionic Serum, which I think is a tad bit better for the price and I use as well.
I have red spots I am always trying to fade, fine lines, rosacea and I still get mild breakouts once a month. That's why Proheal works for me. I love the olive extract and it gives a nice glow.
The people at IS Clinical/chemist/developers once told me several years ago that they consider Super Serum more of a booster for mature skin that needs some attention but is overall in decent shape. To be honest after 3 bottles I no longer order it. Proheal just does it all. Now I have not tried the Super Heal Live-O Serums yet, but am dying to! I won't order w/o trying a sample though. Just reordered probably my 15th bottle of Phyto-C Proheal from EDS, never w/o it.
I also prefer Phyto-C brand of the same versus IS Clinical as to me it is closer now to the original versions IS Clinical made when they were under one roof/same chemist, etc.
Once they split, the new IS Clinicals seemed, well more clinical and less of the product I new. But there is not really enough difference in them to know unless you used them for long periods of time and knew what you were looking for, hard for me to explain. I still have some IS Clinical Active Serum and it is fine. I am just trying to phase over.
So to some up your oder, I thought it was perfect! For your oilier skin, the face wash is perfect. It was too dry for me and I gave it to my son who was in college at the time. The eye complex should be just what you need, it isn't overly hydrating, which is needed for someone my age. The Proheal will be perfect since you have to breakouts, red spots and oily skin. I personally think the Super would not have been a good match. The Active will be great for pores and also fading hyperpigmentation and red spots. Because my skin is sensitive, I have to follow the Active w/ the Hydra Cool, but it isn't too much at all. Just let the Active soak in, see if you need hydration and just use a few drops. A little goes a long way with all of these Serums! Enjoy and welcome to the dark side!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Wow...I feel soooooooooo much better. Thank you both SO MUCH for your input. It is truly appreciate. Smile
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Welcome! Smile The excessive sebum production, premature ageing, acne plus PIH might indicate systemic inflammation and a skin under stress. Have you had a full health check recently?

Do you consistently meet or exceed all your government's recommendations for healthy eating and lifestyle? Essential fatty acids will be particularly important because the specific composition of sebum - not just hte amount - causes or contributes to acne and comedogenesis. Are you using a cleanser which contains no known irritants and does not strip or damage the skin barrier? How often have you been exfoliating? Are you using a gentle zinc oxide sunscreen (no chemical agents)?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Very popular also was using the IS Clinical (or Phyto-C)Firming Cream at night over the Active Serum. Good double whammy if your skin isn't too sensitive. I had to alternate nights of either. Hadn't thought of that one in a while!
Love new Proheal fans so I hope you have good results. My son, DIL and 2 SIL's use and crave this stuff (Proheal/Active/Hydra, but especially Proheal). I have been giving out samples and as presents for years and it is always a crowd pleaser. Proheal is just a good serum all around, IMHO!
I may make a T-Shirt for myself, PROHEAL USER since 2004! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Very popular also was using the IS Clinical (or Phyto-C)Firming Cream at night over the Active Serum. Good double whammy if your skin isn't too sensitive. I had to alternate nights of either. Hadn't thought of that one in a while!
Love new Proheal fans so I hope you have good results. My son, DIL and 2 SIL's use and crave this stuff (Proheal/Active/Hydra, but especially Proheal). I have been giving out samples and as presents for years and it is always a crowd pleaser. Proheal is just a good serum all around, IMHO!
I may make a T-Shirt for myself, PROHEAL USER since 2004! Laughing

Hi Annie! You're bringing back memories. I think I accidentally started the active/firming cream combo. My skin looked great back then..
I've fallen off the wagon since but I'm tempted to go back.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, I believe you are right! Laughing
I always wished I could do that combo and was so envious!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |