Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C eye serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
A few years ago this forum was big on vitamin C serum around eyes. I tried searching and really old posts come up. So here is my question:
Do you use vitamin C eye serum, and if yes then which one and do you see results.

Thank you for sharing Smile
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
A few years ago this forum was big on vitamin C serum around eyes. I tried searching and really old posts come up. So here is my question:
Do you use vitamin C eye serum, and if yes then which one and do you see results.

Thank you for sharing Smile

I am using 7.5% Ascorbic Acid all over my face, and under the eye area... there is no warning not to use it there... But I'm not sure it's safe either. I too am curious to know about safety on this one.

Here are the ingredients:
Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid,Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus Fruit) Extract,Ginseng (Panax Ginseng Root) Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid,Lavender Oil
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I guess 7.5% is not that strong. I always thought that you do not want to use high percentage of ascorbic acid around your eyes because it can make the skin too thin. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ascorbic acid needs to be in a formula of a certain pH to be absorbed, I wouldn't personally want to use highly acidic products on the eye area. I'd be interested to know what pH Fitgineer's L-AA product is because I don't see any pH adjusters?

When I use a magnesium ascorbyl phosphate serum I also use it on the eye area, no results because it's more preventative than curative.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I agree, I wouldn't use high acid content products around eyes, but some companies, like Vivier for example, make 5% Vit c serum for eye area specifically.
If it's not vit c, how do you guys fight with tiny wrinkles under your eyes?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
I agree, I wouldn't use high acid content products around eyes, but some companies, like Vivier for example, make 5% Vit c serum for eye area specifically.
If it's not vit c, how do you guys fight with tiny wrinkles under your eyes?

I pat some of the Oil Soluble C derivatives around my eyes at night. Mine at this time is Tetra C oil blend with Vitamin E added.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Where do you get Tetra C oil? And what percent of Vit C is in it?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Where do you get Tetra C oil? And what percent of Vit C is in it?

I make my own I buy the Terra C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) here:

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/tetrahexyldecyl-ascorbate-BV-OSC.html

I just add it to my oil of choice and a bit of vitamin E oil. Super simple, and Stable!

According to the site the recommended percentage is
Typical Usage: 0.5-2%, up to 7% but I have upped that to 10% thanks to a member's advice. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Dark Moon Smile
Do you apply it at night or in the morning?
Do you notice any difference in lines under your eyes?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Thank you Dark Moon Smile
Do you apply it at night or in the morning?
Do you notice any difference in lines under your eyes?

I apply it at night, I know this is odd but I have rather moist skin around my eyes naturally and at 58 I barely have any crows feet. Only a very small amount when I smile. The under eye fine lines have improved, and I don't use anything else near my eyes as they don't like anything.....everything I have tried (aside from this) causes irritation of my eyes not the skin but my eyes just tear like mad! Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I apply it at night, I know this is odd but I have rather moist skin around my eyes naturally and at 58 I barely have any crows feet. Only a very small amount when I smile. The under eye fine lines have improved, and I don't use anything else near my eyes as they don't like anything.....everything I have tried (aside from this) causes irritation of my eyes not the skin but my eyes just tear like mad! Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Lucky you Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
I apply it at night, I know this is odd but I have rather moist skin around my eyes naturally and at 58 I barely have any crows feet. Only a very small amount when I smile. The under eye fine lines have improved, and I don't use anything else near my eyes as they don't like anything.....everything I have tried (aside from this) causes irritation of my eyes not the skin but my eyes just tear like mad! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Lucky you Smile

kpka,

Lucky on the moistness saving me from much wrinkles, but the sensitivity plus allergies making my eyes not happy....not so lucky! Smile

Just can't win!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
kpka wrote:

Quote:
Lucky you Smile

kpka,

Lucky on the moistness saving me from much wrinkles, but the sensitivity plus allergies making my eyes not happy....not so lucky! Smile

Just can't win!

this works GREAT !!!!!!MY FAMILY HAS NOTICED A BIG CHANGE. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
But you are lucky not to have deep lines under your eyes! Sensitivity does suck.

Could you please tell me proportions that you mix?
Thank you
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:57 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
But you are lucky not to have deep lines under your eyes! Sensitivity does suck.

Thank you

I agree on the luck part for wrinkles! Laughing

I make it in a 60ml bottle so 10% of the Tetra C is 6ml, and I just add about 1-2 % Vitamin E so .06-.12 ml. of Vitamin E, (you can actually skip the E if you wish, or add more).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
kpka wrote:

Thank you

I make it in a 60ml bottle so 10% of the Tetra C is 6ml, and I just add about 1-2 % Vitamin E so .06-.12 ml. of Vitamin E, (you can actually skip the E if you wish, or add more).

So what makes it up to a total 60ml?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
kpka wrote:

Thank you

So what makes it up to a total 60ml?

The rest is any oil you like on your skin, I change it up with many oils, Macadamia, Hazel Nut, ect.ect. I have a major supply of oils I use all the time.
If you figure 6ml. of Tetra and .12 ml. of Vit. E That is 6.12 ml. total so your oil would be 53.88 ml. left for your oil, which you could use any blend of oils you like to make up that amount.

Make sense? LOL, and I hate doing the math! Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, makes sense now. thank you Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Yes, makes sense now. thank you Smile

You are welcome kpka,

The tetra C is a bit pricey initially, but it is very stable and you end up with enough to make yourself many bottles of the serum! So it does work out to be very economical in the long run. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
do I store it in the fridge?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
do I store it in the fridge?

I don't, the sellers site says store in a cool dry place. I am in a very hot climate so my home is air conditioned most of the year and I have never had any issues. I do use it on my entire face but being it is in an oil depending on which "carrier" oil you choose will be the deciding factor in how fast the oil base could turn rancid.

Do you have a preference on what oil(s) you want to use as a base?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking argan oil, jojoba oil and may be something else
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
I was thinking argan oil, jojoba oil and may be something else

Sounds good if those are compatible with your skin, neither should require refrigeration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I contacted Mario Badescu customer service about the Vit C Serum pH and have yet to hear back...
I'll update as soon as I know more.

Firefox7275 wrote:
Ascorbic acid needs to be in a formula of a certain pH to be absorbed, I wouldn't personally want to use highly acidic products on the eye area. I'd be interested to know what pH Fitgineer's L-AA product is because I don't see any pH adjusters?

When I use a magnesium ascorbyl phosphate serum I also use it on the eye area, no results because it's more preventative than curative.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just called them. The lady told me they cannot disclose the pH of the Vit C serum.
She also said not to use it around the eye area, not to use a glycolic acid on top of it, only use it at night (every other night) alone or under a moisturizer, and that it should be absorbed in under 2 minutes...
As a reminder, it has 7.5% LAA.
http://www.mariobadescu.com/vitamin-c-serum

Any thoughts?
Thank you.

Firefox7275 wrote:

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |