Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is there a cure for undereye bags?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have slight eye bag under my right side, it gets more pronouned especially when I stayed up late the night before. I've read some threads about products help to ease the bag, e.g., Eye Bright, Phytomer Eye Contour Cream, etc. I tried a small sample of Phytomer Eye Contour Cream and just started using Eye Bright. I'd love to hear your experiences, is there a wonder product that can really help to reduce the bag? or there is no cure except going under the knife? Anxious
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi HappyGirl Very Happy ,
I used to have bags that made me look VERY tired. So much so, in fact, that I wore glasses most of the time to try to disguise the look (needless to say I could very well have more pairs than Elton John!!) It wasn't until I started using Vitamin C serum (my brand is Cellex C) and Strivectin SD around my eyes that I started to see a marked difference (People are probably gasping re: Strivectin around her eyes!!). Of course, I used a very small amount of the Strivectin, but I used it nonetheless - day and night - religiously. The results I got after about a month were astounding - my bags are virtually gone - it's amazing - I still can't believe it sometimes. Now, I only wear my glasses if I'm in the mood for them....this, after hiding for 5 years!!!Currently, I am using the Strivectin around my eyes once daily in the evening - and in the morning I am using B.Kamins Chemist Therapeutic eye cream which is too new to comment on -- you can bet if my bags start to reappear, the B Kamins will go in the drawer and I'll go back to the Strivectin twice daily!!
Hope you get lots of advice on this topic - it's a good one!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
When I wake up with really puffy or baggy eyes I tend to do an eye mask - admitedly I do not have that problem on a regular basis so the mask gets rid of it for me. I'm using Orlane Skin Recovery Concentrate for eyes (used is this morning Cool).

For a regular treatment I would suggest incorporating a vitamin C serum and a good firming eye cream. My mum's had pretty good results with Okusil though she also uses the JB skin prep underneath it.

How did you find the Phytomer Lift Contour? I tried it and could actually feel it work (it was tightening the area up - not that I like that Confused).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
I have slight eye bag under my right side, it gets more pronouned especially when I stayed up late the night before. I've read some threads about products help to ease the bag, e.g., Eye Bright, Phytomer Eye Contour Cream, etc. I tried a small sample of Phytomer Eye Contour Cream and just started using Eye Bright. I'd love to hear your experiences, is there a wonder product that can really help to reduce the bag? or there is no cure except going under the knife? Anxious

I can relate to you. Eye bags are a family trait that was passed on to me. Mine are the hardest bags to help as they are fat deposits. Okusil is the only product that has helped me. Although I will never be totally bag free due to fat deposits, the Okusil has firmed up the area under my eyes so the bags look so much better and my eyes younger.

If you don't have fat deposits under your eyes the Okusil should totally get rid of the swelling, firm the area, decrease dark cirlces and relax fine lines and wrinkles. As Mabsy mentioned the Prep is wonderful under the Okusil and I would recommend it.

For a quick fix keep two spoons in refrig. and put them under your eyes when they are swollen. That really helps take down the swelling. Of course you know to drink a lot of water. Be sure you are not dealing with an allergy. If you have allergies or sinus problems that will also cause the puffies.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Orlane Skin Recovery Concentrate as well - and I think it's pretty good (but I didn't get the results I needed for my aging eyes!!!) It's great for special evenings out (when I'm looking especially tired)to help wake up my eye area.
Pudoodles
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles - Thanks for the vic-c + Strivectin secret, I'll give it a try! Very Happy

Mabsy - where else would I found Phytomer Lift Contour? This forum .... of course. There have been several good reviews about it.

Winnie - Mine is not too bad especially if I got good night sleep. but the weird thing is I dont have any under my left eye... could it related to the way I sleep? Think
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, let me rephrase - what do you think of the Phytomer Lift Contour happygirl163? English is so full of ambiguity....

I fully agree with Winnie about the allergies. If you have allergies or sinus problems that can cause puffines and perhaps bags. Lymphatic drainage massage could be useful and you can do it yourself. Also try elevating your head on a thicker pillow when you sleep to help the fluids drain away from the face.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - I dont have allergies or sinus problem. Cant tell about the Phytomer Lift Contour from the sample size ... have you tried Phytomer Lift Contour? how do you like it?
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention the Okusil and prep ... I tried the samples, however, I didnt see much from the 2~3 weeks use. Sad
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
have you tried Phytomer Lift Contour? how do you like it?

Yes I have tried it after reading the reviews here and I didn't end up liking it. However, the reason I didn't like it is because I could feel it firming up the eye area which is something that I don't really need so it felt odd. So that's why I thought it might be a good option if you have something you want to tighten up...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:22 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
Pudoodles - Thanks for the vic-c + Strivectin secret, I'll give it a try! Very Happy

Mabsy - where else would I found Phytomer Lift Contour? This forum .... of course. There have been several good reviews about it.

Winnie - Mine is not too bad especially if I got good night sleep. but the weird thing is I dont have any under my left eye... could it related to the way I sleep? Think

This might be a long shot but it sound like you could have some congestion on one side. Try shutting off one nostril and breath in/out. Then do the same thing with the other. If the side that you have the bags is obstructed that could be your answer. Just a guess. Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
happygirl163 wrote:

I can relate to you. Eye bags are a family trait that was passed on to me. Mine are the hardest bags to help as they are fat deposits. Okusil is the only product that has helped me. Although I will never be totally bag free due to fat deposits, the Okusil has firmed up the area under my eyes so the bags look so much better and my eyes younger.

If you don't have fat deposits under your eyes the Okusil should totally get rid of the smelling, firm the area, decrease dark cirlces and relax fine lines and wrinkles. As Mabsy mentioned the Prep is wonderful under the Okusil and I would recommend it.

For a quick fix keep two spoons in refrig. and put them under your eyes when they are swollen. That really helps take down the swelling. Of course you know to drink a lot of water. Be sure you are not dealing with an allergy. If you have allergies or sinus problems that will also cause the puffies.

Winnie do you use the prep all the up to your lash area?

-Cheri
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Happygirl! Just a quick note of caution: While I have had spectacular results with Strivectin - I've also heard some pretty unhappy stories -- some find it too rich - and the scent is quite strong - not something you would traditionally expect for something around the eye area...If you can somehow get your hands on a sample of the Strivectin that would be great (ESD?? I'm not sure...) - I'm just a little cautious since the stories re: this cream are usually quite extreme - either a love or hate it reaction....Not to dissuade you or anything, I LOVE it but given the range of reactions, I would hate for you to put out the money and then come back saying UGH! Shock Having said that, ESD sells it at a FAB price (best in Canada for me!!). I, however, wouldn't hesitate re: the vit C!!! It's a must-have!! I should also tell you that my skin is 40,fair and has been exposed to alot of sun (just so you know what kind of skin got the kind of results I described!)Good luck, Happy Girl!!! Very Happy Pudoodles
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
Winnie wrote:
happygirl163 wrote:

If you don't have fat deposits under your eyes the Okusil should totally get rid of the smelling, firm the area, decrease dark cirlces and relax fine lines and wrinkles. As Mabsy mentioned the Prep is wonderful under the Okusil and I would recommend it.

Winnie do you use the prep all the up to your lash area?

-Cheri

Cheri,

I put a very small amount of Mineral Prep all around my eye area before putting on the Okusil. I only avoid the lid. At times it has got on my lid without any problem. Seeing they don't recommend it for the lid I do try to stay away from it.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie! I'm going to try my JB ADCE sample pack starting tomorrow. I wanted to try it earlier, but I had just started using Prevage (Good Stuff!) and didn't want to start something else new. Keep your fingers crossed!

-Cheri
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck with the ADCE, Im just starting with it now and the prep and the Okusil. Please let this be the one
Voursez

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Okay, i know this is an old thread, but i hope i still can get some help. And i'm not thread-digging, just found this on google..

Okay, so i have these HUGE bags under my eyes, and since ive had them for as long as i can remember, which is quite a long time, im pretty sure that its not from allergic reactions, tiredness, radiation or what else there is of reasons. They are just there. So i've read through all of this, and it seems like, there is solutions. The problem is, that this REALLY gets me confused. Just the Cellex-C, has made about 100 products, and i cant find head or tails in what to try Confused

So girls, please, gimme some help here. Can someone please point out, a specific product, which guaranteed will work just a bit, where to get it, maybe the price and stuff. Thank you in advance..
Mabsy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Voursez - welcome to the forum! I would suggest you try a vitamin C serum for the eye area and also use something tightening over the top. My mum uses Okusil and she's seen some good results from it.
Voursez

Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply and welcome Mabsy.

Okay, is Vitamin C Serum a specific product? Cause im really lost in this, and i dont know what works and not. Ill search around for the Okusil then, and thanks again for the reply Wink
Mabsy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Voursez - no I just meant vitamin C serums in general. Sorry, I just then realised that you really DID want something specific! Laughing Sorry, you HAD made it very clear Embarassed

I actually prefer Vivier serums as they feel nicer on my skin (not as drying) and are also more stable. I would suggest going with their serum that is [url=http://www.essentialdayspa.com/vivier-vitamin-c-ids™-eye-p_672.htm] specifically for the eye area [/url] unless you know for a fact that your skin is not at all sensitive in which case you could go for something stronger like the 10% + Kinetin .

You can find more info on Okusil here .
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Voursez - no I just meant vitamin C serums in general. Sorry, I just then realised that you really DID want something specific! Laughing Sorry, you HAD made it very clear Embarassed

I actually prefer Vivier serums as they feel nicer on my skin (not as drying) and are also more stable. I would suggest going with their serum that is [url=http://www.essentialdayspa.com/vivier-vitamin-c-ids™-eye-p_672.htm] specifically for the eye area [/url] unless you know for a fact that your skin is not at all sensitive in which case you could go for something stronger like the 10% + Kinetin .

You can find more info on Okusil here .

I clicked on the Vivier link you posted and read a little bit about the eye contour serum. I was just wondering if you know why the instructions say to avoid contact with eyebrows? I always put treatments all around my orbital bone which inevitably gets in my eyebrows. Hope they don't go bald!

-Cheri
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi phredd4, I used to use an eye cream by Karin Herzog and it used to oxygenate the skin, that too said avoid contact with eyebrows. Too much use on the hairy parts would bleach the colour out, of course I didnt take any notice and nor did my partner, we both ended up with light ginger eyebrows and Cindibloke had ginger roots on the front of his hairline where he did his forehead rofl
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
rofl at above

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I know that cellex-c says to aviod the brows b/c the serum can turn them orange!!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
No wonder my brows are lighter and match my hair color better. Laughing I continue learning something on this forum everyday. Thanks!!! Actually my brows look a bit better lighter (softer look).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |