Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Microneedle Therapy Versus Intense Pulsed Light Lasers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Some more before and after pictures on here:

http://www.dermalintegrity.com/

Those are inspiring pictures. I wish they said what length needles were used ( or did I miss it somewhere?)

I agree - good pics and I would love to know the length as well.

I don't, however, agree with some of the advice they give, like cleaning the rollers with denture cleaners (didn't that get discussed here a long time ago and it was thought to be a bad idea??)

I would like to know how they used the Vit C along with CPs in one of the pictures they show good results with:

Quote:
6-Weeks Post: Acne Scars CR3 daily and once a week with CR5: in conjunction with Retinol, Vitamin C & copper peptides

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
The longest needle roller they sell appears to be 0.5mm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The longest needle roller they sell appears to be 0.5mm

Yes the 1mm and 2mm says only doctors may purchase.

I was just impressed with the results of the photos! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Some more before and after pictures on here:

http://www.dermalintegrity.com/

Those are inspiring pictures. I wish they said what length needles were used ( or did I miss it somewhere?)

I agree - good pics and I would love to know the length as well.

I don't, however, agree with some of the advice they give, like cleaning the rollers with denture cleaners (didn't that get discussed here a long time ago and it was thought to be a bad idea??)

I would like to know how they used the Vit C along with CPs in one of the pictures they show good results with:

Quote:
6-Weeks Post: Acne Scars CR3 daily and once a week with CR5: in conjunction with Retinol, Vitamin C & copper peptides

You have to look under each picture and see the X-XX that is the needle that was used, and go to the specs. page to find the corresponding length. Bit of a PIA the way they set that up! Laughing

I believe that they are using the products for weeks/months post roll so I hope they know not to mix incompatible actives at the same time!

I have to agree about cleaning with denture cleanser, unless theirs are specifically made to withstand using those? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
These are the specs offered for the rollers on that website

CR2 = 0.2mm
CR3 = 0.3mm
CR5 = 0.5mm

After seeing the B/A pics again and noticing that most of the results are from a CR3 daily (along w/ Vit A & C) and an occassional CR5, I am more inspired to get back to rolling! (But w/ my CPs!!) I have a .2, .5 and 1.5 (and loathe the 1.5)

My only problem is that I don't have the wrinkles the pictures show (just some sag) Crying or Very sad Anyone have great results with sagginess and the rollers??

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
These are the specs offered for the rollers on that website

CR2 = 0.2mm
CR3 = 0.3mm
CR5 = 0.5mm

After seeing the B/A pics again and noticing that most of the results are from a CR3 daily (along w/ Vit A & C) and an occassional CR5, I am more inspired to get back to rolling! (But w/ my CPs!!) I have a .2, .5 and 1.5 (and loathe the 1.5)

Thanks for putting that together foxe! Very Happy

I just ordered a .5 and a 1 mm from owndoc so I will see how much I loathe the 1mm, but I also got the numbing cream just for the 1mm! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
How can a 3mm roller be used daily??? 3mm should only be used in a doctor's clinic - with anaesthetic I would imagine. Dr. Fernandes' regimen is usually one roll per week for six weeks and then rest the skin. If you were to use a 3mm roller once a day the skin would end up like ground meat!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
How can a 3mm roller be used daily??? 3mm should only be used in a doctor's clinic - with anaesthetic I would imagine. Dr. Fernandes' regimen is usually one roll per week for six weeks and then rest the skin. If you were to use a 3mm roller once a day the skin would end up like ground meat!!!

Are we getting confused? Here are the recommendations from the site:

What size dermaroller should you use?

Skin care product(s) should be used in conjunction with the roller.
*Always speak with your skin care professional before starting a new skin care regime.

CR2 (0.2 mm):

Ideal for people who have sensitive skin
For all skin types
If you want to roll your eyelids or lips
Great starter roller if you have never rolled before
Can be used daily
CR3 (0.3 mm):

For most types of skin issues
Great for acne or surgical scars
Can be used daily
CR5 (0.5 mm):

Only use once a week
Should be used in combination with the CR3 or CR2
If you have acne or surgical scars
Excellent to use if you have been currently using the CR3 daily or CR2 and want to bump up your skin care.
If you want to start improve the appearance of your stretch marks
Use for hair loss in combination with a cosmetic hair growth product.
Roll daily with the CR2 or CR3 and only once a week with the CR5
Roll first on clean skin then apply your skin care product--best to roll in the evening. Should only take a few minutes to roll your face.
Remember to take a picture of yourself before you start.
Our best results were obtained using Copper Peptides or Environ Skin Care (i.e. Retinol 1 & Vit C--available in our clinic)--contact us for more info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry DM, I AM confused! - I thought CR3 meant a 3mm roller but it means a 0.3mm (which, of course, can be used daily).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Sorry DM, I AM confused! - I thought CR3 meant a 3mm roller but it means a 0.3mm (which, of course, can be used daily).

No need to be sorry Keliu, I wanted to make sure we had the facts straight too!

I would never even think of using a 3mm at home! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

My only problem is that I don't have the wrinkles the pictures show (just some sag) Crying or Very sad Anyone have great results with sagginess and the rollers??

Yep, this is the same issue I have as well...sag. I have a 0.5mm, used it regularly for a few months, but stopped. I'm thinking about starting it up again. I see from owndoc that 1.5mm is supposed to help sag. I think I have to bite the bullet and go for the big guns (gulp...can you say "chicken"?) And the numbing cream sounds like such a hassle.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
1.5mm, is not that bad. A bit worse then the 0.5mm. Not much though.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I am tempted to use 0.2mm & 0.5mm for product penetration.

Do you think that we should not use zinc oxide sunscreen after dermarolling, even these 2 short length of dermarollers can open channels in our skin?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I am tempted to use 0.2mm & 0.5mm for product penetration.

Do you think that we should not use zinc oxide sunscreen after dermarolling, even these 2 short length of dermarollers can open channels in our skin?

I plan on rolling in the evening and from what I have read on a few different sites the channels close within minutes to an hour or so.

Owndoc shows it within minutes, so I am personally not at all concerned about using my ZO sunscreen the following morning. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious; have any of the experienced needlers/dermarollers used Dr. DF's Environ products in the past, before switching to DIY serums? If so, what were your opinions of the line, and what products stood out. (I'm assuming the highest strength A&C cream was used?)
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Some months ago I bought a 0.5 mm roller. It took me some time to decide to actually use it. I have now rolled a couple of times and strange enough even though I do not draw blood, the 2 days after a roll I do peel. This has now happened 4 times, and I can not find any other cause than the rolling session.
I use my regular ACE home made, consisting of rosehip seed oil, vit. E, retinyl palmitate and ascorbyl palmitate and CoQ10 after roll. From what I read 0.5 mm should be mostly for product penetration but the peeling thing seems to indicate there is more going on than just that?
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Yet another great thread I have benefitted from. Thanks all.

My question is in regards to using the denture tablets to clean the roller. What is the problem with this method? I have Dr. Setterfield's book and this is what he recommends. After soaking 20 mins, he recommends then soaking in Glutaraldehyde 2% to sterilize. I have not done that part, as I use Ethyl alcohol instead. I do plan to buy some of the Glutaraldehyde.

I have now done 3 rolls, 5 weeks apart, complete body wide. Using size 1.0 for most of my body, but am using .5 for breasts, eyelids and hands.

I have purchased a new 1.0 each time, so I use it for the entire body and discard. However, I don't do the whole body in one day, it takes a week. Each time I soak in the denture tab and the alcohol. I see no problems at all and no damage to my rollers.

I have not purchased new .5 roller, as that one is not used on such large areas of the body and should last a long time.

Is there a reason the tabs are not recommended? I put a flat cotton pad on the bottom of the cup, add my water and tab. Works great.

Thanks for any help! Don't know what I'd do without all the great threads on DRing here at EDS.
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this can really compare, but for five years now I have put my two dental retainers in a cup with the denture tabs every single day. In fact, I put them in in the morning and don't remove them from the solution until I go to bed. Pure laziness is all, I don't deal with it all day.

My orthodontist always tells me how beautiful my retainers have kept up and look like new (lol he sees the "beauty" in a retainer I guess. Wink)

I realize that retainers are meant to withstand being wet, but my point is the tabs really work well. I do not use hot water for my retainers. Was told not to and that it was not necessary. I do not use hot water with the rollers either, and I do only soak them 20 minutes exactly. I then soak in the alcohol only 5 (20 is recommended).
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |