Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Microneedle Therapy Versus Intense Pulsed Light Lasers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Count me in! I'm SO on board with Dr. DF's methods. I'm doing this!! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:

That makes two of us! I know most of our long time rollers follow his protocol! Very Happy

When are you starting Ethel? I have to get back on my RA and C tonight and in the morning!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:

That makes two of us! I know most of our long time rollers follow his protocol! Very Happy

When are you starting Ethel? I have to get back on my RA and C tonight and in the morning!

I've been using tretinoin every other night for a few months now, so I'll increase that to nightly use for a while first. I haven't started a C product yet...not sure which C to use. So, I'll get some C and start on that for a few weeks, too, and then do a needling. It's solid science, with visible results, so while it's not as easy as smoothing on a pricey luxurious facecream, I'd rather grit my teeth, dermaroll and get good results. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:

I've been using tretinoin every other night for a few months now, so I'll increase that to nightly use for a while first. I haven't started a C product yet...not sure which C to use. So, I'll get some C and start on that for a few weeks, too, and then do a needling. It's solid science, with visible results, so while it's not as easy as smoothing on a pricey luxurious facecream, I'd rather grit my teeth, dermaroll and get good results. Very Happy

I have been using RA regularly for a little over a year and a LAA C serum DIY for ages, but took a break to trial the Cellese products, but I am starting tonight adding my RA back in and the C serum in the morning!

I got over the "fancy" promises of over priced products a while ago. Now I want real results and proven actives! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know offhand what form of topical C is preferred by Dr, DF? MAP or tetra, or ascorbic?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Does anyone know offhand what form of topical C is preferred by Dr, DF? MAP or tetra, or ascorbic?

I have a few pdf files from Environ written by Dr. Fernandez if you like pm me with an email addy and I can send them, we can't send pdf files through the pm service.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Tetra, just answered that one a couple days ago here...the benefits of board searches are enormous...just ask DM.

Bad Grin
BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Tetra, just answered that one a couple days ago here...the benefits of board searches are enormous...just ask DM.

Bad Grin
BFG

LOL you just love to tease me! Bad Grin

I am printing out the files so I have those instructions at hand, and I plan on using my Tetra C! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:

I have a few pdf files from Environ written by Dr. Fernandez if you like pm me with an email addy and I can send them, we can't send pdf files through the pm service.

Thanks! I'll PM you with my email address.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Bad Grin
BFG

I did search and must've missed it. Sorry and thanks.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:

I will send you all my pdf's as attachments! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
On the topic of tetra as the preferred topical C form, does anyone know exactly why Dr. DF prefers tetra? I'd read a few studies suggesting that MAP was a better alternative to l-ascorbic, but they are somewhat dated studies, all in vitro and perhaps more current data has now become available. Just curious.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
On the topic of tetra as the preferred topical C form, does anyone know exactly why Dr. DF prefers tetra? I'd read a few studies suggesting that MAP was a better alternative to l-ascorbic, but they are somewhat dated studies, all in vitro and perhaps more current data has now become available. Just curious.

I am guessing that it is because it is oil soluble which works with the A&D used in after care?

MAP is water soluble.

I may be off on that as I am really guessing, I already have Tetra C on hand so that is my plan of action! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Hi DM, I just posted a longish note for you and interested others over in the AnteAGE product review thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45400&start=375 SCROLL DOWN

I am making the case for AnteAGE as superior to A and C (alone, since AE contains both) by looking at DrF's own logic and all his pre- and post roll recommendations, as expressed in his most illustrative published paper.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Hi DM, I just posted a longish note for you and interested others over in the AnteAGE product review thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45400&start=375 SCROLL DOWN

I am making the case for AnteAGE as superior to A and C (alone, since AE contains both) by looking at DrF's own logic and all his pre- and post roll recommendations, as expressed in his most illustrative published paper.

I read your post and I responded, I may just combine both your idea of protocol and Dr.Fernandez's! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
On the topic of tetra as the preferred topical C form, does anyone know exactly why Dr. DF prefers tetra?

He feels it is more stable. I'll see if I can find what he wrote about that.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
EthelM wrote:
On the topic of tetra as the preferred topical C form, does anyone know exactly why Dr. DF prefers tetra?

He feels it is more stable. I'll see if I can find what he wrote about that.

Thank Rileygirl. Tetra is more stable than L-ascorbic, but MAP is stable too. I guess the comparison would be between MAP and Tetra. I personally prefer tetra over MAP because I don't like the increased depigmentation that MAP gives (I'm fair enough already and don't need any whitening. LOL). Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:

Thank Rileygirl. Tetra is more stable than L-ascorbic, but MAP is stable too. I guess the comparison would be between MAP and Tetra. I personally prefer tetra over MAP because I don't like the increased depigmentation that MAP gives (I'm fair enough already and don't need any whitening. LOL). Laughing

Hey, Ethel. I can't find what I was looking for at the moment, but I do not think Dr. F was thrilled with the MAP. I will keep digging but so far I haven't had luck with finding anything in my emails!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Foxe
Quote:
It appears he thinks using any form of vitamin A is what is prudent.

Based on this in his research:
Quote:
Vitamin A is utterly
essential for the normal physiology of skin and yet it is destroyed by exposure to light so that it is prevented from exerting its important influence on skin and preserving collagen. Vitamin A is believed to control between 350 to 1000 genes that control normal function, proliferation, and differentiation of
cells. One cannot exaggerate the value of vitamin A in a rejuvenation program for skin, especially with PCI,

Which is also backed up by countless other studies on the use of the Retinoic acid precursors.

It is boring, but it is extremely useful. No sexy biotech company name attached to it, so no one promoting it. But the research on it is solid. No ReNEWUFace, or DermAFixall to make it exciting.

I also use CP's or GHK Cu post roll. Along with the rest of the mix. Effective.

DragoN - I'm not sure what your point here is?? Are you agreeing with my post or disagreeing??

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
An interesting observation re Dermarolling - I've been rolling for some time now and believe that it has definitely thickened up my skin - my broken caps and veins are barely visible now. But what I want to mention is that for the past couple of months I've been using the Lyapko Roller morning and night. THIS IS NOT A DERMAROLLER - it does not pierce the skin. But it seems to have toughened up my skin - because now when I Dermaroll, it doesn't hurt as much and I find that even with my 1.5mm roller I don't need to use anaesthetic cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
An interesting observation re Dermarolling - I've been rolling for some time now and believe that it has definitely thickened up my skin - my broken caps and veins are barely visible now. But what I want to mention is that for the past couple of months I've been using the Lyapko Roller morning and night. THIS IS NOT A DERMAROLLER - it does not pierce the skin. But it seems to have toughened up my skin - because now when I Dermaroll, it doesn't hurt as much and I find that even with my 1.5mm roller I don't need to use anaesthetic cream.

I have been thinking of adding one after reading your and Luminosity's posts about the Lyapko Roller! If I do it would be my last purchase for a good while (and I mean it now), but it sounds like a good way to prep for the actual roller!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I have been thinking of adding one after reading your and Luminosity's posts about the Lyapko Roller! If I do it would be my last purchase for a good while (and I mean it now), but it sounds like a good way to prep for the actual roller!

I don't believe all the stuff about galvanic current being directed into the skin which is attributed to the Lyapko - but I do believe in massage. And this gives the skin a real workout. My current modus operandi is "abuse it or lose it!" And the Lyapko is a bit like "abuse" (but nowhere near as bad as the Dermaroller). But I do think it's all helping to toughen up and thicken my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I don't believe all the stuff about galvanic current being directed into the skin which is attributed to the Lyapko - but I do believe in massage. And this gives the skin a real workout. My current modus operandi is "abuse it or lose it!" And the Lyapko is a bit like "abuse" (but nowhere near as bad as the Dermaroller). But I do think it's all helping to toughen up and thicken my skin.

Thanks Keliu,

In all honesty I have not even checked out any sites selling the Lyapko, so I have missed those supposed galvanic currents!
I have seen you and Luminosity post about how much you liked it and that is what has me sold on it! Laughing

I am a huge lover of massage for facial skin and this seems to take that to a new level that is impossible to achieve with the hands alone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Are you agreeing with my post or disagreeing??

Agreeing.

Just backing it up further. Sorry that was not clear.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Add my voice to the chorus of echoes. My needling data and papers are all over the place. I have to organize them in one folder so I can be more clear on my own advice/instructions.

That said, IIRC, he believes tetra is more effective not due to stability (although it is stable) but more so because it is a better "workhorse" than the other forms of Vitamin C...i.e. better at supporting collagen synthesis, etc.

I am trying to get my hands on that Fernandes paper showing the woman with 5 years of rolling use....oh my god - 5 years later she looked 20 years younger - and she was way middle-aged to begin with. YOu could see the "thickness" in the photo.

BFG
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |