Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hyaluronic Acid Supplements
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
craven20
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to feed back on my own experience of HA supplementation using Viridian brand 50mg HA capsules. I read many articles on the benefits of HA supplementation and, at 30 and having fine lines under eyes and on fh, decided to trial 50mg per day for 2 months. At the end of the trial although my fine lines hadn't disappeared they had lessened and my eye area seemed plumper. I genuinely felt that my lips were fuller looking to the point where I started to back off (you may laugh at this but they did start to take on a little too much of the bee stung look! they seemed to deflate quite rapidly though which was reassuring!). I would be very interested to hear other people's experiences with this type of supplement. If the myriad benefits such as improved eye and joint health are to be believed then HA could be a real winner (this is turning into a sales pitch isn't it, i'm going to back off now!).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 am      Reply with quote
craven20 wrote:
Just wanted to feed back on my own experience of HA supplementation using Viridian brand 50mg HA capsules. I read many articles on the benefits of HA supplementation and, at 30 and having fine lines under eyes and on fh, decided to trial 50mg per day for 2 months. At the end of the trial although my fine lines hadn't disappeared they had lessened and my eye area seemed plumper. I genuinely felt that my lips were fuller looking to the point where I started to back off (you may laugh at this but they did start to take on a little too much of the bee stung look! they seemed to deflate quite rapidly though which was reassuring!). I would be very interested to hear other people's experiences with this type of supplement. If the myriad benefits such as improved eye and joint health are to be believed then HA could be a real winner (this is turning into a sales pitch isn't it, i'm going to back off now!).

craven,

You may find many on this thread that share your enthusiasm,

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon, Angelina Jolie here I come!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
craven20 wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon, Angelina Jolie here I come!

You are welcome craven, now you know you are not alone!

Nothing like nice plump juicy lips! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I'd also like to hear from people who take HA if they've noticed any less pain in their joints or if any of their arthritis pain has subsided (given they have either/both of these problems).

My parents have arthritis, so I was wondering if this would help them since I've read that HA can help with this. But I'd feel better knowing a few people on this board actually found relief from athritic pain taking HA.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Sandooch I have pmed you with links to a couple of articles which I found interesting. You may already have this information but I thought it would be worth a pm if either article helps!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I've recently read where HA's on the skin can do more harm than good Shock , so I am curious, can taking them cause the same effect as putting them on the skin?
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Craven20, I got the same good results you did! I also read from Pharmacist Suzy Cohen that ha helps eye health and joints. I take NeoCell natural ha, like this

http://www.iherb.com/Neocell-Hyaluronic-Acid-60-Capsules/16584

But there is a fish collagen with ha that's just ten dollars that also gets results

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FFCG38/ref=rcxsubs_dp_chrt?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
For those who have read an article from Dr. Pickart claiming ha can harm, here is a rebuttal I found convincing.

http://www.denvernaturopathic.com/news/sardiHA.htm
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 am      Reply with quote
What does HA and collagen as oral supplements turn into the body once digested? I find it hard to believe that ingesting these results in more HA/Collagen in the body. Has anyone found any studies that prove this?
craven20
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer try googling bill sardi and yuzurihara, you may find some interesting reading. I am interested in HA as a moisture binder because I have struggled with a dry skin condition and I hope that through HA supplementation and plenty of water I can boost my skin's moisture levels. I never knew that glucosamine is actually one half of the HA molecule, so by using glucosamine alone you get less than half of the benefits of HA. I had been taking both together so I will switch to just HA and save money!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Collagen and higher molecular weight HA are too large to cross the intestinal barrier, collagen is a protein so is digested down to amino acids. HA is a glycosaminoglycan (polysaccharide) so would be digested down to sugars if we produced the right enzymes.

Low MW HA can be absorbed intact just as glucosamine is, and I did get that from a reputable source ... but can't for the life of me remember where because I don't think it was PubMed. Will Google and edit if needs be.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
craven20
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Firefox, manufacturers don't seem keen to publish MWs. I wonder why that could be (moneee!).
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Fitgineer, here is one study showing collagen thickens skin

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16967766

We had another thread on this recently, and several people posted studies showing the same. Or go to NeoCell Super Collagen on iherb and read 700 personal accounts. You don't see big budget studies on collagen because its a natural, inexpensive substance.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ha. Interesting, thanks for posting. Now I'm really confused as to why some may think hydrolyzed collagen as an oral supplement is a waste...
Thanks for sharing the study!

7Destiny wrote:
Fitgineer, here is one study showing collagen thickens skin

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16967766

We had another thread on this recently, and several people posted studies showing the same. Or go to NeoCell Super Collagen on iherb and read 700 personal accounts. You don't see big budget studies on collagen because its a natural, inexpensive substance.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Quoted from sandooch: [I'd also like to hear from people who take HA if they've noticed any less pain in their joints or if any of their arthritis pain has subsided (given they have either/both of these problems.]

I must admit when I take my HA supplements my pain in my shoulder is not there. I ran out a month ago and it started to come back. Ive been back on them and I dont feel it. My pain is from ligament problems I had back when I injured it at one of my kunfu gradings.So its real and not in my head. But as for it working??...I hope that part is not just in my head or a coincidence.

Okay I have to learn how to quote...Ive been avoiding it so far LOL Very Happy
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, quoting is easy. Look up in the top right of any post and you'll see this: Add a Thank You Quote Report

Just click on "Quote" on any post you'd like to quote and post your reply on the page that pops up. You could also click "Thank You" to thank someone whose post you found helpful or agree with (hint, hint Wink ). Then a little ♥ will appear on the top left of that person's post (you have to refresh the page to see it after you click it though. At least on my computer you do). I'll thank you post above mine so that you can see the ♥.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Oh, quoting is easy. Look up in the top right of any post and you'll see this: Add a Thank You Quote Report

Just click on "Quote" on any post you'd like to quote and post your reply on the page that pops up. You could also click "Thank You" to thank someone whose post you found helpful or agree with (hint, hint Wink ). Then a little ♥ will appear on the top left of that person's post (you have to refresh the page to see it after you click it though. At least on my computer you do). I'll thank you post above mine so that you can see the ♥.

Yes she explained that very well, just make sure you type below the [/quote] of the prior poster.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Embarassed

Now you can just type your reply after the posters text! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
dionie wrote:
Embarassed

Yay...thanks ladies for the help. I couldn't figure what I was doing wrong then I turned off the BBcode and it worked. Then all of a sudden EDS decides to crash on me so I had no idea if my posts went through. Alls okay here...thankgoodness for those HA supplements Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 3:33 am      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
dionie wrote:
Embarassed

Yay...thanks ladies for the help. I couldn't figure what I was doing wrong then I turned off the BBcode and it worked. Then all of a sudden EDS decides to crash on me so I had no idea if my posts went through. Alls okay here...thankgoodness for those HA supplements Wink

It crashed on me at the exact same time as I posted the last comment last night! (EDS has that habit at times).
Embarassed

Well By George You got it! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I started to take my Viridian HA 50mg again yesterday. I took 1 50mg capsule and drank about 8-9 glasses of water, I spread some shea butter on my lips and went to bed. This morning my lips are definitely fuller and my upper eye area also looks more defined. My lips in particular are noticeably "plumped"! I can't believe how quickly this has happened with only a low dose. The only change I made was to drink lots of water which I didn't do before. This actually seems to work too well for me! I'm going to switch to Neocell's Fish Collagen and HA (thanks 7Destiny) which has 20mg HA per serving.
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Mon May 07, 2012 1:39 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:

hi there I have just started taking HA at 20mg. I first read about it on here for lips. I have a growth between the bones in my foot. I normally have treatment for this which is extremely painful and only keeps the pain away for a few weeks my foot is always swollen and I can never wear nice shoes or shoes with a heel. I took my first tablet at night and in the morning everyone noticed my fuller lips but what I also noticed was the pain in my foot was better. Over the last few weeks it has improved each day. I wore my first pair of heels in ten years last week. Now let's be clear my growth is still there but what it seems to of done is create a kind of padding around it so that it no longer feels painful and feels almost spongy the swelling is gone completely. I missed a tablet last week as I was moving and it did come back but only slightly. I will never miss again I have bought in bulk now. I couldn't care less a out my lips but the relief of my foot is worth every penny. Can I just ask anyone know the best place to buy in the uk. I have been buying in HB.
Sorry I am doing this on my iPhone sorry apologise if it's not making sense.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |