Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cure Natural Aqua Gel from Japan - Free sample site
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I actually bought it more for my hands/elbows/chest than my face. But now that I have cut back the Retin A on my face, it should come in handy there too. Can't wait to try it...I think my Amazon delivery will be here tomorrow.

Yes, I want the product for my arms/hands/chest, but I had to try it on my face! You will probably get your samples tomorrow, too!

No samples today...hopefully the Amazon delivery comes today because I have Retin A peelies from my Sunday application.

My samples did not arrive today either and I think I ordered either a day before you or the same day!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
So my full size order arrived from Amazon today, and of course I used it immediately! Very Happy

Thoughts:

- I was impressed at how much dead skin came off my face/neck/chest...most likely from my recent Retin A application on Sunday.
- I did not see much of anything come off my hands or arms.
- I applied it to my face in sections, loosened up the dead skin as directed, and wiped off the skin balls with a towel. Then I reapplied and still got a bunch more dead skin off. Shock
- It is NOT as gentle as they make it sound. I applied my moisturizer product that never stings, but it did after using Cure. Plus my skin looked more wrinkly, and I suspect it may be drying.
- I would limit usage to once or twice a week as recommended (and not twice in a row like I did) in order to limit irritation.

5% products discount

Wed May 09, 2012 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So my full size order arrived from Amazon today, and of course I used it immediately! Very Happy

Thoughts:

- I was impressed at how much dead skin came off my face/neck/chest...most likely from my recent Retin A application on Sunday.
- I applied it to my face in sections, loosened up the dead skin as directed, and wiped off the skin balls with a towel. Then I reapplied and still got a bunch more dead skin off. Shock
- It is NOT as gentle as they make it sound. I applied my moisturizer product that never stings, but it did after using Cure. Plus my skin looked more wrinkly, and I suspect it may be drying.
- I would limit usage to once or twice a week as recommended (and not twice in a row like I did) in order to limit irritation.

I think the instructions say you are supposed to wash it off with water first, and then towel dry. I threw away my instructions in english, but that's how I've been using it. that could be why it left you wrinkly since you didn't wash the formula off your face entirely.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
laleebee wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thoughts:

I think the instructions say you are supposed to wash it off with water first, and then towel dry. I threw away my instructions in english, but that's how I've been using it. that could be why it left you wrinkly since you didn't wash the formula off your face entirely.

I did completely rinse the product off at the very end with water, but my skin still felt very stripped/dry.

I also noticed that the areas I applied it to were very pale for a short period of time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
There are several reviews on youtube but this clip from the company shows you how to use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBVMT33HQ4
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
7Destiny wrote:
There are several reviews on youtube but this clip from the company shows you how to use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBVMT33HQ4

I noticed they said it was safe to use 2 times in a row (which I did, but will not be repeating in the future).

Overall I really liked the product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I used mine last night on my arms, and I did not see anything come off! However, my arms were definitely very soft afterwards.

Agree, not as gentle as they make it sound. After I used it on my face, when I applied the AnteAGE, it stung, and this has never been an issue with me for this product.

Definitely agree - once or twice a week only!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Thoughts:

I got my free samples today, and went ahead and used them (the full size bottle is at my sister's house for her to try) since I got a new batch of Retin A peelies from my once a week application last Sunday. Rolling Eyes

This time I made sure that I did NOT overdo the rubbing, and that I fully rinsed the product off in the shower. The amount of dead skin that came off was even grosser than last time (which I attribute to the Retin A). Shock

Provided that my skin is not irritated tomorrow, I would say that I am now hooked on this product, lol. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thoughts:

I got my free samples today, and went ahead and used them (the full size bottle is at my sister's house for her to try) since I got a new batch of Retin A peelies from my once a week application last Sunday. Rolling Eyes

This time I made sure that I did NOT overdo the rubbing, and that I fully rinsed the product off in the shower. The amount of dead skin that came off was even grosser than last time (which I attribute to the Retin A). Shock

Provided that my skin is not irritated tomorrow, I would say that I am now hooked on this product, lol. Very Happy

FYI that my skin still mildly stung when I applied my AnteAGE (which normally does not sting EVER) despite being very cautious when using Cure this evening.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting some results from an interesting little product test...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6461219#6461219

5% products discount

Sat May 12, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thoughts:

FYI that my skin still mildly stung when I applied my AnteAGE (which normally does not sting EVER) despite being very cautious when using Cure this evening.

My experience with Cure has been that it exfoliates more gently than any other exfoliator around. For me I use SK-II signature cream and even that leaves me with a little more sting than I normally feel. but i always attribute that to active ingredients actually hitting my fresh skin rather than sitting on my dead skin cells. I guess everyone has different reactions, but for me the end result after using Cure is always welcome....clear, bright, fresher looking skin. I absolutely love everything about this product (minus the price!)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
This was my 2nd time using the Cure and I went ahead and tried it on my face again. I wasn't sure if I should due to the stinging I got after applying the AnteAGE products. This time I used more product, made sure I was rubbing gently, and I got a lot of the balling up. I then applied my Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing mask, left that on for 10 minutes, rinsed, and applied the AnteAGE products. No stinging at all this time. I like the Cure enough that I am purchasing the full size product!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I bought the cure about three or four weeks ago after learing about it on another thread.
I love it..and my skin looks better after using it. I couldn't believe how much skin came off my face. really use your fingertips to work it aroudn the eyes..and nose.. detail areas so product works more effectively. I also use it on my hands..neck and chest...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi hotdocgirl, did you also get the Egyptian Magic to try? I ordered that along with the Cure. Hoping it will improve my hands/arms!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This was my 2nd time using the Cure and I went ahead and tried it on my face again. I wasn't sure if I should due to the stinging I got after applying the AnteAGE products. This time I used more product, made sure I was rubbing gently, and I got a lot of the balling up. I then applied my Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing mask, left that on for 10 minutes, rinsed, and applied the AnteAGE products. No stinging at all this time. I like the Cure enough that I am purchasing the full size product!

Great point about using enough product...I think that may help avoid the overexfoliation feeling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Great point about using enough product...I think that may help avoid the overexfoliation feeling.

That was my thought, as well. Next time I use the Cure, I will not use the mask and see if the AnteAGE stings or not using more of the Cure!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I bought the cure about three or four weeks ago after learing about it on another thread.
I love it..and my skin looks better after using it. I couldn't believe how much skin came off my face. really use your fingertips to work it aroudn the eyes..and nose.. detail areas so product works more effectively. I also use it on my hands..neck and chest...
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Riley Girl.. I keep meaning to buy the Egyptian Magic.. I will try to remember this week at whole foods..or just see if I can find a deal on Amazon.
I do like how my skin has been looking..and I think it is the cure.
Side note; you mentioned your arms..my arm are showing aging more than any other part of my body. I am noticing they are looking younger this season.. I think it is the cp's kicking in after using them on my arms for more than a year. It has been a slow process..but I find the cp's are working...but it has taken a long time. but yeah..I'm going to add in the cure and Egyptian Magic and see what happens.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, hotdocgirl. I ordered the Egyptian magic when I ordered the Cure, so hopefully my arms will start improving. If not, I may start using the CP's on my arms!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of Egyptian Magic!!

But what is this Cure stuff exactly. Is it a peel? If it is, why would it be better than, say, Lactic Acid?

BTW, it's available on Ebay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Egyptian Magic!!

But what is this Cure stuff exactly. Is it a peel? If it is, why would it be better than, say, Lactic Acid?

BTW, it's available on Ebay.

It is on Amazon too:

Cure Natural Aqua Gel 250ml-Price:$39.00

Important Information
Directions
HOW TO USE (1) Remove make-up and wahs face throughly. Dry face well. (2) Pump nozzle a few times to obtain gel on your index and middle fingers. (3) Gently massage skin until the gel turns color in white. (4) Rinse well with plenty of water. (5) After rinse, use lotion or skin cream of your your normal use. (5) Cure recommends to apply Natural Aqua Gel twice a week and finish the bottle within 6 months.

Product Description
Best selling exfoliator in Japan for more than a half decade. Surprisingly, this product is not from those big Japanese cosmetics companies which employ massive advertising campaign, but from a company which believes in spreading of the word about the effectiveness of CureNatural Aqua Gel. it is formulated with carefully chosen natural ingredients which are gentle to your skin and is suitable for all types of skin. Natural Aqua Gel is made from revitalized hydrogen water and natural plant extracts such as aloe vera, gingko and rosemary. Regardless to say, it is free from preservatives, fragrance, artificial colorings or alcohol that can irritate your skin. It gently removes old and dead skin cells to help skin renewal to soft, smooth, bright skin. HOW TO USE (1) Remove make-up and wahs face throughly. Dry face well. (2) Pump nozzle a few times to obtain gel on your index and middle fingers. (3) Gently massage skin until the gel turns color in white. (4) Rinse well with plenty of water. (5) After rinse, use lotion or skin cream of your your normal use. (5) Cure recommends to apply Natural Aqua Gel twice a week and finish the bottle within 6 months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I tried to find out more about revitalized hydrogen water. Hard to find any info. Found this site tho
http://www.hydrogenwaterstick.com/

But this isn't an exfoliater.

And I found this:

http://www.vanah.co.jp/global/about/index_en.html

But that isn't an exfoliater either.

What is the science behind this product?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I tried to find out more about revitalized hydrogen water. Hard to find any info. Found this site tho

And I found this:

There are three threads on this product, here is the original thread, I believe it explains it and also has the ingredients listed.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45252

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

And I found this:

Ingredients

water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.

It dries and forms a film on skin. (Bolded ingredients are film formers.) When you rub it balls up and take some dead skin along with it. Works like manual exfoliation.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Circus! I was a bit dazzled because of the special water.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |