Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Cure Natural Aqua Gel from Japan - Free sample site
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Thank you Circus! I was a bit dazzled because of the special water.

Looks like it's just mineral water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Egyptian Magic!!

But what is this Cure stuff exactly. Is it a peel? If it is, why would it be better than, say, Lactic Acid?

BTW, it's available on Ebay.

Keliu,
I look at it as both..imho... I use retin a and cp's and my clarsonic. I really believe in the magic of the clarsonic for exfoliating the face so products can be more effective.
The Cure is right up there with the clarsonic for me..they are my double edged sword. I consider Cure a peel..because it does peel my skin off..yet it is not like glycolic or TCA in that any irritation or damage is done... so others would call it exfoliation.
But either or..I think you'd really like it. At first I thought the product was just designed to mimic peeling. But I kept using it over and over in one sitting until it stopped exfoliating skin off my face. More came off my face than my hands..neck and chest...but it came off there too..and on the palms of my hands. I also experimented..using my clarsonic first..then the Cure..and less skin would come off after using the Clarsonic. So what I do is use the cure first...then my clarsonic and go back and use the cure one more time to see if any dead skin is left. anyway..this is long..but my skin looks glowing..and you know your antioxidant creams..or cp's or retin a is going to really do its job.
All the years I've been on this forum.. I missed this one..and I'm so glad to have learned about ..that is why reading here everyday is so worthwhile.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 7:39 am      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
I tried to find out more about revitalized hydrogen water. Hard to find any info. Found this site tho
http://www.hydrogenwaterstick.com/

But this isn't an exfoliater.

And I found this:

http://www.vanah.co.jp/global/about/index_en.html

But that isn't an exfoliater either.

What is the science behind this product?

Ingredients

water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.

It dries and forms a film on skin. (Bolded ingredients are film formers.) When you rub it balls up and take some dead skin along with it. Works like manual exfoliation.

Very interesting! Lacy and I just did a test on whether a film was left on your skin (a definite yes...see the pics in my review on the product reviews thread). But I hadn't considered that the film bonded to the skin, and that was in part what was rolling off. Thanks for solving that puzzle!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Here are the pics showing the film:

bethany wrote:
Lacy53 and I had a discussion regarding the Cure product, and we decided to put it to a test to see if:

1. The product created any "skin balls" when your finger was not used, and

2. If a film was left on your skin, possibly attributing to the smooth feeling or glow (instead of actual exfoliation).

Here are the results:

1. I took a pic of the clean mirror and 3 materials I used to test the "balling" effect (yellow rubber glove, hair color glove, ziploc baggie) None of them resulted in any of the white balls as experienced when using your fingers with the product.

Before pic showing clean mirror and 3 materials:

Pic after I rubbed each of the blobs with the designated material...the last 2 have some bubbles in them, which I attribute to squirting the 3 blobs out at the same time and they did not rub as smoothly. So you can see bubbles in each of the last 2 product blobs, but there were no "skin balls."

2. I rinsed the mirror well (but did not rub it), and you CAN see a film left. (pic below)

The same film was still there after the mirror drips dried, and was NOT able to be removed by rubbing the spots under running water...I actually had to use Windex to get it off.

Conclusion:

I think Cure really does exfoliate, because my skin felt pretty raw (and over exfoliated) for about 2 days after using it.

However, there is a definite film left on the skin which could contribute a bit to the perceived smoothness, or even the irritation I encountered.

Will I keep using it? YES, however I will be sure to cleanse with a soap product after using to assist in removing the odd film.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
circus wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

What is the science behind this product?

Ingredients

water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.

It dries and forms a film on skin. (Bolded ingredients are film formers.) When you rub it balls up and take some dead skin along with it. Works like manual exfoliation.

Very interesting! Lacy and I just did a test on whether a film was left on your skin (a definite yes...see the pics in my review on the product reviews thread). But I hadn't considered that the film bonded to the skin, and that was in part what was rolling off. Thanks for solving that puzzle!

So the next logical question is:

After using the Cure product to exfoliate your face (which leaves behind a film), can your expensive serums and moisturizers penetrate the skin? Or do they just sit on the surface of the skin because of that film?

I don't know the answer, but it's something to consider.

Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I have used Cure for the last 3 days now and I wash my face in the shower and then when I get out I apply cure, rub it in unitl I get the little white balls and then I rewash my face after to remove the white balls and get that filmy feeling off my face. I then apply my vit. C serum and it has been stinging more when I use this product- I think it increases the absorption of the vit C serum. My face also does look nicer after I use it- slight glow, somewhat smoother, and softer to the touch. So far, I like it!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

After using the Cure product to exfoliate your face (which leaves behind a film), can your expensive serums and moisturizers penetrate the skin? Or do they just sit on the surface of the skin because of that film?

I don't know the answer, either, but if it is leaving a film on the skin, why have both Bethany and I had burning when applying the AnteAGE product afterwards?
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

I don't know the answer, either, but if it is leaving a film on the skin, why have both Bethany and I had burning when applying the AnteAGE product afterwards?

Another good question! And another question I can't answer (but maybe Dr. J can)!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I have not used my samples yet (I am exfoliated!) but the Aloette enzyme mask that works on the same principle just with added enzymes has to be washed off after using for the same reason mentioned by cpretli. I f I don't wash after I have balls of dead skin and I would assume product left on my face!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hmm... I've used this Ginvera Marvel Gel many years back that works the same way and didn't like it very much. I thought it wasn't a good idea for *flaky* skin from retinoid use (ie sensitive and very exfoliated skin) or those with skin barrier issues.

Keeping in mind that the Cure is water based,

Magnify a skin flake: _\
When you rub: _ _\

I thought I had much better luck with oil cleansing for skin flakes. Oil helps soften the skin and flakes came off better. Oil massage also creates less friction than dry or water rubbing.

Perhaps there might be some microscopic tear for those of you experiencing very raw or stinging skin?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

Another good question! And another question I can't answer (but maybe Dr. J can)!

I am personally making sure to wash the film off, and have not had as much burning. But that could also be due to me using more product, and rubbing more gently.

Film or not, I do think the stuff takes your skin off! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
Hmm... I've used this Ginvera Marvel Gel many years back that works the same way and didn't like it very much. I thought it wasn't a good idea for *flaky* skin from retinoid use (ie sensitive and very exfoliated skin) or those with skin barrier issues.

Keeping in mind that the Cure is water based,

Magnify a skin flake: _\
When you rub: _ _\

I thought I had much better luck with oil cleansing for skin flakes. Oil helps soften the skin and flakes came off better. Oil massage also creates less friction than dry or water rubbing.

Perhaps there might be some microscopic tear for those of you experiencing very raw or stinging skin?

Ugh....I hope that is not the case!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am personally making sure to wash the film off, and have not had as much burning. But that could also be due to me using more product, and rubbing more gently.

Film or not, I do think the stuff takes your skin off! Laughing[/quote]

Ditto. I also make sure to wash the film off. What was interesting was that when I used it on my arms, which were visibly flaky, I did not get that balling up, but I do when I use it on my face!

I also hope it is not microscopic tears!
laleebee
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
It's so funny. but i did all of these same tests myself when I first got Cure. I tested it on a mirror with a qtip to see if I could get those white balls! which I could not...which was proof enough for me that it was skin, and not the formula balling up.

I think Cure is one of those products that you have to figure out how to use for yourself. When I first tried it, I used just 1 pump on my fingertips. (because that's what the company's video showed) However, I use 3 pumps now for my face and apply it on and wait about 30 seconds before I start rubbing. However, on my elbows and hands, I use less because I don't have to be as gentle as I do on my face.

I find that it's much more gentle for my face when I apply more, if that makes sense. Cure has really been the only new product that i've introduced into my regime in recent memory that I can honestly say has made a noticeable difference....on my face, hands and neck!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like the product balling up to me. Anyway, I've ordered it and will report back. I do regular Lactic Acid peels, so along with those and Dermarolling and Retin-A my skin peels quite frequently. If I experience more peeling with Cure it will be a miracle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

Film or not, I do think the stuff takes your skin off! Laughing

Try removing the 'film' with a little apple cider vinegar, which should also bring your skin back to a nice, neutral pH.

I'm thinking this is fairly alkaline, based on a few of the ingredients;

Ingredients:
water (91%activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin (a moisturiser), acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer (a thickener), dicocodimonium (a conditioner), chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract (moisturises, protects rough skin), gingko biloba extract (moisturises, prevents skin-mottling and freckles), rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract (possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties), butylene glycol.

I wonder how it would work on crusty heels..ICK! Embarassed (I'm woefully negligent from the knees down.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks for the acv tip. I'll also try the Cure on my feet and let you know what happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Beth, I am hoping it's amazing... My feet are gross. I'm always barefoot, and just really neglect them.

I hope the vinegar works for you... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Then what is the ingredient which is supposedly making the skin peel?

BTW - Water with ACV added is supposed to be the perfect foot soak. There are threads on it here. People say that all their crusty skin disappears. I haven't tried it myself though - my feet are gross too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a living testimonial to the amazing powers of apple cider vinegar in ridding my heels of any rough, cracked or nasty skin.

I'll never look back, lol.

BFG
euni

Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! a lot of very informed ladies on this site. So i read this thread because this product Cure keeps hitting my radar. I've been searching for an exfoliator to help me because i take a pretty harsh medicine which leave my skin flaky at times. I went to the sample site listed, however it appears the site is now sold out until June. Can anyone confirm that they really did receive samples from this site??

Also, any honest thoughts about Cure I would appreciate. I am just tempted to buy it on amazon now, because of all the great reviews, but it's $39 so I figure I'd dig a bit deeper and make sure i'm not just reading paid advertising about the product. It's hard to tell what's real out there....so many great reviews about this product. Any honest thoughts out there about Cure?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I'm a living testimonial to the amazing powers of apple cider vinegar in ridding my heels of any rough, cracked or nasty skin.

BFG

Thanks for sharing that great news.. I never would have thought of using it there.

Do you just soak it for a while and then use a pumice or what? Spill the beans woman... Very Happy

hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
E-
I love my Cure.. i think you should just get it off of amazon..don't wait until june to get a simple sample. It is worth the 39 bucks..it is good amount ...and it works. I have worked it into my routine..or added it.
euni

Fri May 18, 2012 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
E-
I love my Cure.. i think you should just get it off of amazon..don't wait until june to get a simple sample. It is worth the 39 bucks..it is good amount ...and it works. I have worked it into my routine..or added it.

That's what I'm thinking, it's just hard to believe all those reviews. you literally can not find anything bad said about Cure online which is just crazy. I think I will just pull the trigger on the amazon..they have the Prime offered too so might as well put my membership to use!
Thank you for the response...have a great weekend
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

Thanks for sharing that great news.. I never would have thought of using it there.

Do you just soak it for a while and then use a pumice or what? Spill the beans woman... Very Happy

Another great way to get rid of the dead skin on heels and bottoms of feet is to use Philosophy's Soul Owner foot cream. Just put it on your feet for a few nights before you go to bed and you'll be able to roll the dead skin off with your hands or an exfoliator in the shower. It's cheap, it only costs about $14. It makes your feet really soft too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |