Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Selphyl facelift (vampire facelif, has anyone had this done?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
The Vampire Facelift uses ones own blood's growth factors to stimulate regeneration and collagen production.

Basically, they take your blood and then spin it in a centrifuge to isolate platelets, then re-injected back into the face.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I...have...no...words... Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:

Its been around for a few years, but I don't know anyone that has done this...google it, I promise I am not making it up
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
sandooch wrote:

Its been around for a few years, but I don't know anyone that has done this...google it, I promise I am not making it up

Yes we have an earlier thread here:

Platelet-rich plasma rejuvenation (PRP)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34350&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
sandooch wrote:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34350&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Well thank you!! off to read
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
sandooch wrote:

Well thank you!! off to read

You are welcome,

It sounds much worse than it is, although I like "The Vampire Facelift" name! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only one who got the heebie jeebies from that? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like a piece of cake... This short video explains it well.. I'd love to hear DrJ's thoughts on this? I'll have to search for price points.. Very interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CotHzLfctHs&feature=related

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Am I the only one who got the heebie jeebies from that? Laughing

Horror freak here, I was reading Poe at 8 years old! I make my youngest nuts laughing at gory horror movies! Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well it was discussed in depth on the thread DarkMoon posted. It was just under a different name than I have been hearing on various news shows ect...

eta:

After reading I am completely bummed, this seemed promising to me Confused
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Looks like a piece of cake... This short video explains it well.. I'd love to hear DrJ's thoughts on this? I'll have to search for price points.. Very interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CotHzLfctHs&feature=related

There is another video on the link, if I recall correctly I posted one! Laughing

The doc's take on this would be great to hear!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
packratmack wrote:
Hi DM, Dr.Oz showed this product on his show this week. It was a segment about stress relief. I guess if you drank the whole stack it would be quite a stress reliever. Smile

LOL. I bet it would, I know I would be out like a light if I drank all of that stack! Laughing Laughing

Laughing
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Good Morning America just showed a new facelift, the StemCell Facelift, instead of using your blood, they extract your fact and spin it, get the stem cells and re-inject into your face. I must say this woman looked pretty good, mild changed but good.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 am      Reply with quote
My doc is now offering it as a Mother's Day special. He did his whole spin on it to me but I just wasn't feeling it. He just started doing them so I don't like being a practice run. Interesting, pricey but then just doesn't have enough in the way of positive results yet. I like a solid thing.
I guess it helps to cater to the Twilight crowd too with the name! But I get it why they name it that,
For me, they would have to rename it. Something like, Miracle Worker or Overnight Age Reverser. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
My doc is now offering it as a Mother's Day special. He did his whole spin on it to me but I just wasn't feeling it. He just started doing them so I don't like being a practice run. Interesting, pricey but then just doesn't have enough in the way of positive results yet. I like a solid thing.
I guess it helps to cater to the Twilight crowd too with the name! But I get it why they name it that,
For me, they would have to rename it. Something like, Miracle Worker or Overnight Age Reverser. Laughing

Annie,
Are you talking about the "vampire" facelift of this new one I saw today, the fat (stemcell) one?
How much was the vp one if thats what he was telling you about?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Here's the link to the May special where they were offering it. Dr. Sneed has been our family doctor for 20+ years and my aesthetica doc for over 10. He is always trying to talk me into something. That's why I call him my "Jiffy Lube" doc. Can't go to Jiffy Lube for a simple oil change, have to try and do the "upsell", haha. But I love them anyway, (fish hook to the side of the mouth). Laughing
http://www.amedspa.com/special-offers.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2012 9:03 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Here's the link to the May special where they were offering it. Dr. Sneed has been our family doctor for 20+ years and my aesthetica doc for over 10. He is always trying to talk me into something. That's why I call him my "Jiffy Lube" doc. Can't go to Jiffy Lube for a simple oil change, have to try and do the "upsell", haha. But I love them anyway, (fish hook to the side of the mouth). Laughing
http://www.amedspa.com/special-offers.php

Laughing Jiffy Lube!!! Ok so expensive (if you need to do it twice) and iffy on results, is that your understanding?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
That's mine. It is still too new to me to sign on board just yet!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
So, are you all ruling this one out?? I was getting all excited and located a Doc doing the Vampire Lift near me...but as I'm reading this, I'm sensing some enthusiasm fizzling out.
The lady on the YouTube looked fabulously refreshed. I'm hitting 60 this summer, and needing a little "lift." Has anyone tried it--know the cost and how long it lasts?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
So, are you all ruling this one out?? I was getting all excited and located a Doc doing the Vampire Lift near me...but as I'm reading this, I'm sensing some enthusiasm fizzling out.
The lady on the YouTube looked fabulously refreshed. I'm hitting 60 this summer, and needing a little "lift." Has anyone tried it--know the cost and how long it lasts?

I am only a year and a half behind you MG so I am not ruling anything out yet! Laughing

I would still need to do more research and see a doctor's before and afters when I am ready. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
The ONLY and I mean only reason I am putting it on the "back burner" for now (never say never) is because my research has shown one more than likely needs 2 sessions, or more (at $1,500 each). Until I see more results ect...its on back burner, if I see outstanding results, its game on Laughing Laughing

Mountaingirl: What did the doctor you found charge and/or say about it?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

I also wanted to say, I am extremely interested in the "remove the fat, spin it, and put it back in the fact" facelift. They are doing the exact same thing, separating the stem cells and putting back in the face. The lady they showed on gma looked in credible, completely herself, years younger, totally refreshed, nothing pulled ect....everything was just fluffed back out, which in turn pulled the skin back up.
Now the slight problem with this one is a huge cost (in the thousands) and still too early to tell how long it really last, ect. Some doctors think this is voodoo science, others are jumping all over it.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...check out this Doc in Atlanta, and the news story on youtube about doing the Vampire lifts. The news report says its only $250 a syringe and it only takes one syringe...then it lasts up to two years. OMG! Shock If that's true, then it's cheaper than homemade C serum! (only kidding Kassy.) So I'll try to get more details about Dr Cole and I'm going to check out another Doc who does it, that is in Johnson City, TN, which is just about an hour from where I live. I'll keep you all posted. Probably won't do anything until sometime in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYy8gzhMy8

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Ok...check out this Doc in Atlanta, and the news story on youtube about doing the Vampire lifts. The news report says its only $250 a syringe and it only takes one syringe...then it lasts up to two years. OMG! Shock If that's true, then it's cheaper than homemade C serum! (only kidding Kassy.) So I'll try to get more details about Dr Cole and I'm going to check out another Doc who does it, that is in Johnson City, TN, which is just about an hour from where I live. I'll keep you all posted. Probably won't do anything until sometime in June.

Thanks for posting MG that is great information, wow $250 for 2 years!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

Thanks for posting MG that is great information, wow $250 for 2 years!!!!

Sounding like GAME ON
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |