Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Listen to Your Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thought some might find this website on sun damage and Actinic Keratosis useful:
https://www.listentoyourskin.org/ Smile
havana8

Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:
havana8 wrote:
Thought some might find this website on sun damage and Actinic Keratosis useful:
https://www.listentoyourskin.org/ Smile

This photo gallery was pretty scary:

https://www.listentoyourskin.org/sun-damage/what-to-look-for.aspx

It is very scary, and from what I have read we get most sun damage before we even hit 20! Also any freckles are actually sun damage!

This is what it says about freckles in the brochure:

Some people are born with freckles; others get them from the sun. They almost always increase in number in the sun. People with freckles have a higher risk of developing melanoma.

I wonder what sunscreen they are including in their "Get A Free Suncare Kit" section?
havana8

Thu May 10, 2012 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
That is new information to me, I did not know some were born freckled as I had read otherwise.

Me either! Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I was able to sign up for the free kit, Darkmoon. I wonder why it didn't work for you. If you pm me your address, I'll sign up for you. Smile

Boy, do I regret baking in the sun in my teens and early 20s. I wish I knew then what I know now. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Oh, me too! I remember when I was younger I really loved that deep, dark tan (not as tan as tanorexic mom, but pretty close Laughing ). Now, when I see people with a tan like that, I cringe a little inside just knowing that they are setting themselves up for deep wrinkles, sagging skin and a much higher risk of skin cancer in their future. Plus, it just plain looks awful. Give me ivory skin any time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Oh, me too! I remember when I was younger I really loved that deep, dark tan (not as tan as tanorexic mom, but pretty close Laughing ). Now, when I see people with a tan like that, I cringe a little inside just knowing that they are setting themselves up for deep wrinkles, sagging skin and a much higher risk of skin cancer in their future. Plus, it just plain looks awful. Give me ivory skin any time.

I am odd as I have never burned but when I did tan I would get dark very easily, Think that bronze color of Native Americans.

Now I avoid any darkening of my skin at all, I am totally on board with an ivory skinned look!

I personally (JMO) don't like the look of even those spray tans!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
sandooch wrote:
I was able to sign up for the free kit, Darkmoon. I wonder why it didn't work for you. If you pm me your address, I'll sign up for you. Smile

Boy, do I regret baking in the sun in my teens and early 20s. I wish I knew then what I know now. Crying or Very sad

A quick question sandooch, did you receive an email confirmation? The site said to check your email after submitting your information! I have not gotten any email from them yet?

I got an email confirmation immediately. They say 4-6 weeks for the kit to arrive. Did you check your spam folder?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

A quick question sandooch, did you receive an email confirmation? The site said to check your email after submitting your information! I have not gotten any email from them yet?

Yes, I received an email either the day I signed up or the very next day. I received my 2 samples yesterday but haven't tried them out her. I will tomorrow for sure.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |