Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ACE Serum, any suggestions or DIY'er's?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
No worries DM! I was looking at the green cream myself and was interested anyway, honestly no biggie.. Very Happy

@firefox...I don't like the feel, I find it very drying and sticky. I have used other Vit C and loved them but not this one. The only difference that stands out is the ferulic?

I am not going to be rolling for about 6 weeks anyway have a few things coming up.

On a side note, went to doc for by Botox on Monday, have a really good chat with him, this was my first time to use this guy as he is so popular and busy I have been waiting 5 months for an appointment. Anyway he asked what I do for my skin because he said my skin is beautiful.. Shock and it was very obvious that I looked after it! I talked about my desire to have a facelift (my issue is sag at the jawline) He said that with a facelift he would expect a 20 year reduction in appearence because my skin was so good.. Shock I was very happy and pleased that I must be doing something right! Sorry don't mean to sound up myself but thought it was worth sharing...all the effort we put in is worth it!!

Thank you Bermie!

AND WOW! That is incredibly awesome to hear especially from a PS, Good for you! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:

On a side note, went to doc for by Botox on Monday, have a really good chat with him, this was my first time to use this guy as he is so popular and busy I have been waiting 5 months for an appointment. Anyway he asked what I do for my skin because he said my skin is beautiful.. Shock and it was very obvious that I looked after it! I talked about my desire to have a facelift (my issue is sag at the jawline) He said that with a facelift he would expect a 20 year reduction in appearence because my skin was so good.. Shock I was very happy and pleased that I must be doing something right! Sorry don't mean to sound up myself but thought it was worth sharing...all the effort we put in is worth it!!

Good for you Bermie... Dancing

And I'm not a bit surprised based on a few of those goodies you use in your siggy... Wink

Have a read here on Virgin Palm Oil. You'll especially appreciate all those wonderful carotenes (precursors to vit A) and tocotrienols (E) which are a perfect addition for your rolling adventures...

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm

Whip yourself up a lovely oil based serum.

OIL BASED A/C/E SERUM FOR DERMAROLLING

7% THDA (tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate)
2% Virgin Palm Oil
1% Retinyl Palmitate
90% Carrier Oil (I'd suggest something light that penetrates easily like macadamia nut oil for instance.

I bet even Dr F would love this one...Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that Kassy, I have red palm oil in my refrigerator. I have not used it as low percentage as that tho, perhaps where I am going wrong. Confused

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Kassy.. Very Happy Really appreciate it!

I have just done an order with lotioncrafters so just need some macadamia oil.

off to get some of that now..

read that link too, red palm oil..sounds great..xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Thanks for posting that Kassy, I have red palm oil in my refrigerator. I have not used it as low percentage as that tho, perhaps where I am going wrong. Confused

The stuff is so gosh darned potent and red, that I only use it at 1 or 2% in my serums...

After much trial and error with it, I've come to the conclusion that less is more with it.. Laughing

I've been trying something for the last couple of weeks that you might like to experiment with.. Instead of incorporating any vitamin E component into my vit C serum, I have just been adding a few drops of palm oil into it (in the palm of my hand) just before I apply it. I love using it with vit C, but don't want it in the serum because the color is so strong.

Also, I'm on my last tube of Retin-A cream from ADC and find it to be really thick and not easily spread.. I'm mixing a few drops of VPO in there as well.. I know it's best straight up, but figured I'd experiment a little.... So far, so good!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Thank you so much Kassy.. Very Happy Really appreciate it!

I have just done an order with lotioncrafters so just need some macadamia oil.

off to get some of that now..

read that link too, red palm oil..sounds great..xx

Just a word to the wise... Get the smallest oils you can.. 4oz will last quite a long time.. There is nothing worse than that rancid smell of old oils.. (ICK! Reminds me of my oil paints.. Laughing )

I'm stuck with more than that for the VPO from trop traditions, but I really prefer it to others I've tried..

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |