Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Acne gels under makeup (?)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leaffie
5% products discount

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
After months of lurking around and reading about the great tips all of you had to offer.. i finally gave in and joined.. so here's my question:
I'm 27 with slightly acne-prone skin and i'm looking for a product to replace my Phytomer Acnigel (daytime) and Comedogel(nite). I use the phytomer acnigel after washing, and underneath my foundation (just purchased JI pressed powder due to rave reveiws i found here)and have no complaints. But i was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a similar product that is light and can help control oil/breakouts??

ps.. for all those using the JI pressed powder, are you all using it with the handibrush?? or do regular powder brushes do the same job (i have the BE kabuki brush)..

Thanks!!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Its not available on this site but Australian Bodycare have some great products with tea tree oil in to normalise the skin, their skin wash is very good for oily skin and also extremely hygenic too. Maybe some of our Aussie friends can tell us more.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, happy chatting wave
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I reach for YonKa Juvenil (all natural and very effective on me) or Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel or MDF Clearing Complex.

Re: your question about JI pressed - I use it with the Handi brush and I think it's a fantastic combination! I have used my A'Squirrel kabuki brushes with it though and they were also good. But I think that the flat surface of the Handi brush is *ideal* for pressed mineral bases and also superior to buffing them on the skin.

Cindi - I've got the Aus Bodycare Tea Tree lotion and use it after waxing. Love it! That's pretty much all I have tried from AB though.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Im not a fan of the tee tree aroma but if it dies the job....
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Or you can try Yonka Creme PG, it helps purify the skin and control oil...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/yonka-creme-pg-normal-to-p_591.htm

Liz
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
leaffie,

My mom uses a regular drug-store brush...and I use the JI flocked sponge!

You may want to try the JI Balance spritz. It's got green tea extract in it to help with acne, and will help set your makeup. (The JI Disappear concealer is really nice too, again with green tea extract)
leaffie
5% products discount

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
wow.. thanks for all the great suggestions, guys!
Mabsy.. about the yonka juvenil, do you use it all over your face? i was actually thinking of trying this product but had read in a previous post that as part of its purifying action it can actually cause minor breakouts. Does anyone else have a similar/different reaction with this product?

(sorry, if i should be placing this post in the products review forum.. but i didn't want to get detached from my original post!!)
Embarassed
leaffie
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think that anything that acts in a 'purifying' action will probably tend to bring out more blemishes at first. Treatments tend to be a bit more harsh and dry out blemishes.

You should go with a two pronged approach. Prevent: with the purifying products
Treat: the fewer blemishes that you have with spot treatments.

Just about any product that you put over your entire face will be aimed more at prevention rather than treatment and a lot of those will cause an initial breakout. But think of the clearer skin ahead.

Liz
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
leaffie - I use it as a spot treatment but if say my whole forehead looks a tab bumpy or congested then I'll use it all over. You can get a purging effect with the Juvenil but this is something that can also happen when you start using a BHA product for example or anything deep cleasing as well.

ps. This is the correct place to put your post Smile The PR section of the forum is for posting reviews of products you have tried. I look forward to reading yours Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |