Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)
SkinActives has a new Vitamin C product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
From the current newsletter:

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=275e0909c6eb9b02d2d58bce2&id=0d72abf559&e=c536e33abd

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
From the current newsletter:

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=275e0909c6eb9b02d2d58bce2&id=0d72abf559&e=c536e33abd

BFG

If you search it is on a thread around someplace, I already ordered it and received it a few days ago. I was going to mix it up last night and give a review, but allergies got the best of me and I just felt too rotten to bother. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
allergies got the best of me and I just felt too rotten to bother. Smile

Ditto...pollen hell here in north FL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Same here in the South, this is the absolute worst year so far!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Same here in the South, this is the absolute worst year so far!

And in the Central! Laughing We needed a much better winter.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
That just covered that whole state, between the three of us! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 4:44 am      Reply with quote
No different here in VA, it seems pollen season here is the longest on record, it's awful.

I will very much look forward to your review of this new C product, thank you!

BFG

PS - Vitamin C is very good for relieving allergy symptoms, orally of course! LOL...but who really knows, could be topically as well, lol
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Ok, since we're totally off topic, our cars have been layered in pollen.

But then, we have these trees, not sure what they are yet, that release these little puffs of cotton ball.

The wind blows and they swirl all around town. I've never seen that before, actually been afraid to walk outside. I just invision I inhale, the start choking, and my contacts get blobbed, and I can't see or breath. There I will be, in the fetal position, sure I'm about to die. Wondering... why...Why...WHY???? did we move here.

Ok, back on topic. I hit her site. Haven't been there in a while. What other products of hers do you use? I have some that have been laying around a while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

But then, we have these trees, not sure what they are yet, that release these little puffs of cotton ball.

The wind blows and they swirl all around town. I've never seen that before, actually been afraid to walk outside. I just invision I inhale, the start choking, and my contacts get blobbed, and I can't see or breath. There I will be, in the fetal position, sure I'm about to die. Wondering... why...Why...WHY???? did we move here.

Ok, back on topic. I hit her site. Haven't been there in a while. What other products of hers do you use? I have some that have been laying around a while.

OMG that is HILLARIOUS!! I do trust that won't actually happen to you!

ok sry back on to vit C
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

The wind blows and they swirl all around town. I've never before that, actually been afraid to walk outside. I just invision I inhale, the start choking, and my contacts get blobbed, and I can't see or breath. There I will be, in the fetal position, sure I'm about to die. Wondering... why...Why...WHY???? did we move here.

Those are called cotton wood trees, and I am also allergic to them. Of course I didn't know that when I first moved to Seattle, and the condo I bought was surrounded by them. Every year my eyes would swell to the point I couldn't even drive.

Needless to say, I haven't missed them a bit since I moved, lol.

ClaudiaFE wrote:

I personally LOVE their Every Lipid Serum (ELS)...fabulous stuff, and helps protect/repair the skin barrier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

LOL. Sorry but the pollen story.....

I have been using the CHAS serum for about a month now and that I like, for me it sinks in.

I bought the ELS but have only tried it on the back of my hand, I was only using the AnteAGE alone at first, but added my RA and now will add in the C serum from SA. (I just started back on other actives because I finally bought two rollers)

I tested just the serum alone and honestly it feels tacky, I just mixed the C powder in today and will skip the RA tonight and test it. Hopefully it feels better with the mixture!

Darn good thing my skin doesn't get confused!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Those are called cotton wood trees, and I am also allergic to them. Of course I didn't know that when I first moved to Seattle, and the condo I bought was surrounded by them. Every year my eyes would swell to the point I couldn't even drive.

I personally LOVE their Every Lipid Serum (ELS)...fabulous stuff, and helps protect/repair the skin barrier.

http://oklahomalifestyle.blogspot.com/2010/05/oklahoma-cottonwood-trees.html ... The picture here. IMAGINE inhaling that! OMG!

I have the ELS. I had set it aside, and found it last night. I think I didn't originally care for it's smell. Do you think it goes bad/rancid if it's been in my cabinet for a while. I did use it last night. Still don't care for the smell, but could get over it. It did feel quite nice.

I was looking at some of the other products. Will search around to see what others have to say.

The vit. C. has a fun factor to it as well! Don't know that it falls into a NEED factor. But want... perhaps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
bethany wrote:

http://oklahomalifestyle.blogspot.com/2010/05/oklahoma-cottonwood-trees.html ... The picture here. IMAGINE inhaling that! OMG!

I have the ELS. I had set it aside, and found it last night. I think I didn't originally care for it's smell. Do you think it goes bad/rancid if it's been in my cabinet for a while. I did use it last night. Still don't care for the smell, but could get over it. It did feel quite nice.

I was looking at some of the other products. Will search around to see what others have to say.

The vit. C. has a fun factor to it as well! Don't know that it falls into a NEED factor. But want... perhaps.

The ELS I have is brand new and has no discernible smell to it!

The C is not that much fun you just slowly add the powder to the serum and shake, they have a link to a video on the SA site.

We have those same trees here, they grow like weeds everywhere, but since they are cheap many developers plant them, mine did! They call them Powder Puff Trees! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Can I just say Thank you ladies for the laughs, its been a bit of a trying day for me, family drama and such!

I did try their base cream long ago and mixed some actives in, it was not that great sorry to report, it was a bit tacky, balled up, never sank in, now mind you, it could of been the diy'r that was a fault and not the cream Confused But the C feeling tacky to you DM concerns me, since I know their cream did.

But I do want a good C, and I refuse to try DIY again, I fail misserably at it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Can I just say Thank you ladies for the laughs, its been a bit of a trying day for me, family drama and such!

I did try their base cream long ago and mixed some actives in, it was not that great sorry to report, it was a bit tacky, balled up, never sank in, now mind you, it could of been the diy'r that was a fault and not the cream Confused But the C feeling tacky to you DM concerns me, since I know their cream did.

But I do want a good C, and I refuse to try DIY again, I fail misserably at it.

I normally DIY, but for the 15$ it was worth a shot!
I will report in about how it is now that the C is dissolving in it!

If it is tacky it is trash! Laughing

Sorry you are having family drama especially on Mothers Day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I am using it for a week already. I like what it does for my skin, but it is tacky and i had to move my vit C to PM because of that. I was considering it anyway.

It takes about an hour to fully penetrate into the skin, so it's not that bad for an evening application.

I was kind of scared to use such a high concentration, but it is working pretty well actually. No redness, no irritation. No need for my backup plan of dissolving it with water Smile

By the way, THANK YOU DarkMoon, for 72 hours info ! Now i can alternate Vit C with other things with no regret Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Here's the thread on SA new Vit C product:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6460904#6460904
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Mine smells slightly like sesame seed oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
I am using it for a week already. I like what it does for my skin, but it is tacky and i had to move my vit C to PM because of that. I was considering it anyway.

It takes about an hour to fully penetrate into the skin, so it's not that bad for an evening application.

I was kind of scared to use such a high concentration, but it is working pretty well actually. No redness, no irritation. No need for my backup plan of dissolving it with water Smile

By the way, THANK YOU DarkMoon, for 72 hours info ! Now i can alternate Vit C with other things with no regret Wink

That is interesting YB, I tried it without the C added first and it was very tacky!

I did use it this morning and did not feel the same, maybe because of how nasty it was on it's own!
I find it is close to my home made version but only used it once so far, so nothing major to report. I do wish it had the added FA I really like, for somebody not wanting to DIY it is a very cost effective and easy option! The bottle is very dark and sturdy.

You are welcome on the 72 hours, it is posted by many members on various threads here, but I have read the same on more "scientific sites. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I also usually use DIY version with HA and FA. Mine is more watery and only 15%.
But i can use it under anything, morning or night.

I bought this one actually after Kassy's recommendation. For $15 definitely worth trying.

Besides, i think you can still add to it FA if you want to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
I also usually use DIY version with HA and FA. Mine is more watery and only 15%.

I bought this one actually after Kassy's recommendation. For $15 definitely worth trying.

Great minds, I was thinking of adding some FA to mine also! Laughing

I make mine much more liquid also, but with my tough skin I use 20% normally.

I can't agree more to get a fresh made C at 15$ without needing to do more than add the powder to the serum is an awesome deal!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:

Are you talking about the new SA Vitamin C product? It already has Feluric Acid in it. Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients:
Serum: Water, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Phloretin, Pomegranate Seed (Punica granatum) Oil, Tocotrienols, Vitamin E Oil (Alpha-D-Tocopherol), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum, Citrus Essential Oils, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid.
Powder: Ascorbic Acid (L) (Vitamin C), Lemon (Citrus limon) Extract, Orange (Citrus sinensis) Extract.

I guess you could add more though.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
YB wrote:

Are you talking about the new SA Vitamin C product? It already has Feluric Acid in it. Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients:
Serum: Water, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Phloretin, Pomegranate Seed (Punica granatum) Oil, Tocotrienols, Vitamin E Oil (Alpha-D-Tocopherol), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum, Citrus Essential Oils, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid.
Powder: Ascorbic Acid (L) (Vitamin C), Lemon (Citrus limon) Extract, Orange (Citrus sinensis) Extract.

I guess you could add more though.

LOL Thanks, I forgot the full ingredient list! I just remembered when I read it I liked the ingredients! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Please correct me if Im wrong but arent citrus oils photosensitizing??? Why would a company use them in a day serum that is supposed to protect AGAINST UV damage??? *is confused*

fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
This concern was addressed in the original thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6460904#6460904

fawnie wrote:
Please correct me if Im wrong but arent citrus oils photosensitizing??? Why would a company use them in a day serum that is supposed to protect AGAINST UV damage??? *is confused*

System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)