Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinActives has a new Vitamin C product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thx fitgineer. Just catching up on all the new posts.

Im actually using this form of C which is hella stable and can be formulated at a more skin-friendly pH of 5ish:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/122/4/871.full.pdf

Osmosis is using it too.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Deja Vu all over again....sounds eerily similar to the 302 product issues.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone wants the AA2G Bulkactives is selling it at: 15g/0.53 oz. 21.95$

http://www.bulkactives.com/ascorbylglucoside.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Would you combine this with the SA vit C serum, or use it as a substitute?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Would you combine this with the SA vit C serum, or use it as a substitute?

Since I make my own LAA serum fresh (other than testing the SA for grins) I am happy with just sticking to LAA I am not bothering with changing what I know works on my skin. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where BA is getting their data from? In other words, a link to the study(s) employing this version of C?

Tks
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Fawnie. I noticed the study is 20 years old - curious as to whether there are more studies and also wondering why this particular form has not become widely known or used?

Thanks, BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Does anyone know where BA is getting their data from? In other words, a link to the study(s) employing this version of C?

Tks

BA does have a page of abstracts on site but not one on AA2G.

Here is a page with information and links to studies:

2012, Vol. 21 Issue (7)
Research progress of ascorbyl glucoside derivates
(Key Laboratory of Chinese Ministry of Education for Conservation and Utilization of Special Biological 
Resources in the Western, Ningxia University, Yinchuan 750021,China)

http://www.newdrug.cn/EN/abstract/abstract14548.shtml

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I am not sure why, but the linked link doesn't seem to pull up anything for me.

Thanks, BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hmm, I am not sure why, but the linked link doesn't seem to pull up anything for me.

Thanks, BFG

Home page you need to join, sorry about that!

http://www.newdrug.cn/EN/volumn/current.shtml

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why this form of Vitamin C is not more well known or use of it, widespread.

BFG
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 12:02 am      Reply with quote
:sl:

totally off topic, but two things have eased my allergies for me:

1. cutting out white sugar and white bread until things are under control, and even then as special treats (the inflamatory issues)

2. try to find local honey that is produced by bees that are free to visit local flowers. apparently eating honey produced by bees who have used the pollen that you are allergic helps your body get used to that pollen so it doesn't create that immune response over-kill
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
But I do want a good C, and I refuse to try DIY again, I fail misserably at it.

You could do what I do - just buy a good L-Ascorbic Acid Powder (I use the Osmosis one) then combine .25gm (the Osmosis one comes with a measuring scoop) with a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel in the palm of the hand. This guarantees complete freshness - works well for me and is no fuss and inexpensive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I wonder why this form of Vitamin C is not more well known or use of it, widespread.

BFG

Olay seems to use AA2G often in some of their products. I've known about AA2G for a long time because of that. Not in regards to DIY or anything, just in general I mean. I've been using an Olay cream that had AA2G for 4 or 5 years. Shock

Regarding the off-topic allergies post by UmEnis, my husband and I have horrid allergies. Those two things you said really help as well as a high quality extra strength fish oil!!! (400EPA/200DHA capsules) My husband was having his allergies start. He started taking those and wow 90% gone. We always increase our fish oil during this time. Helps tremendously!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:

You could do what I do - just buy a good L-Ascorbic Acid Powder (I use the Osmosis one) then combine .25gm (the Osmosis one comes with a measuring scoop) with a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel in the palm of the hand. This guarantees complete freshness - works well for me and is no fuss and inexpensive.

Thanks Keliu, even I could manage that Laughing . I use to use a powder ages ago, I think by philosophy, it was easy to mix and put on face.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Thanks Keliu, even I could manage that Laughing . I use to use a powder ages ago, I think by philosophy, it was easy to mix and put on face.

For the 15$ the CEF serum from SA is super simple also you just slowly add the powder into the serum and close, shake wait a bit to make sure all is dissolved and you are good to go with a fresh ounce of C serum! Very Happy

They even have the video linked if you need to watch how to pour and mix! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:

For the 15$ the CEF serum from SA is super simple also you just slowly add the powder into the serum and close, shake wait a bit to make sure all is dissolved and you are good to go with a fresh ounce of C serum! Very Happy

They even have the video linked if you need to watch how to pour and mix! Laughing

I could manage that without the video too Shock !!! But I am still waiting for your review Crying or Very sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I could manage that without the video too Shock !!! But I am still waiting for your review Crying or Very sad

It is coming but a hint.......it is a great option for those who do not want to spend an arm and a leg for ready made, yet don't wish to go full on DIY! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Wink

You are welcome,

I just have to slap myself and get it all together and write a decent review! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

The Philosophy powder is fine to use. I don't know why more people don't adopt this method.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:

The Philosophy powder is fine to use. I don't know why more people don't adopt this method.

Thanks Keliu,

I stopped using their products after watching her on qvc where she would rip apart other companies for copying her Rolling Eyes !! Not sure if she still does this, it was years ago. I just don't think someone has to be ugly about other companies to sell their own products.

but that said, the powder was effective.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
....but that said, the powder was effective.

Well, that's the point - I don't agree with many of Osmosis' Dr. Johnsons's views either, but I do like his Vitamin C Powder. I just got fed up with reading and worrying about the oxidisation of Vitamin C (even my own DIY efforts) and I think this is the perfect solution to the problem.

Someone else here suggested using Aloe Vera to mix it with - and it works perfectly for me - and I'm all for using Aloe anyway, it's so calming and soothing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:
....but that said, the powder was effective.

Well, that's the point - I don't agree with many of Osmosis' Dr. Johnsons's views either, but I do like his Vitamin C Powder. I just got fed up with reading and worrying about the oxidisation of Vitamin C (even my own DIY efforts) and I think this is the perfect solution to the problem.

Someone else here suggested using Aloe Vera to mix it with - and it works perfectly for me - and I'm all for using Aloe anyway, it's so calming and soothing.

ditto! Can one use real aloe? I have tons of aloe plants, they keep producing babies like mad, or would they be too sticky I wonder
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
ditto! Can one use real aloe? I have tons of aloe plants, they keep producing babies like mad, or would they be too sticky I wonder

Can't see why not, should be the optimum thing to use. I use OTC 100% AV and it's a bit sticky after application - but then it dries right up. When I apply my other products on top it's fine - no balling up or anything.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |