Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinActives has a new Vitamin C product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:
....but that said, the powder was effective.

Well, that's the point - I don't agree with many of Osmosis' Dr. Johnsons's views either, but I do like his Vitamin C Powder. I just got fed up with reading and worrying about the oxidisation of Vitamin C (even my own DIY efforts) and I think this is the perfect solution to the problem.

Someone else here suggested using Aloe Vera to mix it with - and it works perfectly for me - and I'm all for using Aloe anyway, it's so calming and soothing.

Yes I totally agree. The only products I have come to like from osmosis is The C powder and I also mix it with my aubrey oganics aloe vera. I find it watery enough for the LAA powder to dissolve. Sometimes I also add a pump of osmosis replenish or some other antioxidant serum to it. I love the way it feels and find this to be the freshest way to apply. I have also read some people use it as a toner mixed with water or aloe.But I havn't tried it as a toner though myself however it musn't be very different to the way I apply anyways?. I think I read it on the skinactives website forum. The only thing I wonder is do we cange the PH when we mix it with aloe vera? Im sure the PH should still be okay.... but Im sure if you do it Keliu then it must be okay Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Can I add the powder to the CeRave PM lotion??

Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:
But I do want a good C, and I refuse to try DIY again, I fail misserably at it.

You could do what I do - just buy a good L-Ascorbic Acid Powder (I use the Osmosis one) then combine .25gm (the Osmosis one comes with a measuring scoop) with a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel in the palm of the hand. This guarantees complete freshness - works well for me and is no fuss and inexpensive.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have actually added a pump of Cerave to my aloe, C, antioxidant serum mixture, which is: actually do it in the palm of my hand daily. 1 Scoop of C, 1 pump of replenish, a few drops of aloe...really nice.I have added 1 pump Cerave to it but I have wondered if it changes the PH, so I stopped and I apply afterwards. My opinion, and Im not an expert, is to apply with water or aloe in your palm and rub it in and then put your other stuff over once youve let it absorb.
Perhaps others will say for sure.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
... but Im sure if you do it Keliu then it must be okay Very Happy

No, I wouldn't believe that!!! I tend to swim against the tide most of the time.

Sorry for taking this thread away from the subject of the new SkinActives' product - but it was actually Hannah from SkinActives who first recommended to use this method of application in her blog, ages ago. So I'm not surprised that she has finally brought out a product which requires daily mixing.

I'm not certain about the question of pH - but all the other Vitamin C powders don't raise this issue. Both Philosophy and Osmosis just say to add their powder to any moisturiser - I suppose by adding the Vit C the pH of the moisturiser will automatically be lowered. I definitely feel more of a slight tingling with this method of application than I did with my DIY version.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
dionie wrote:
... but Im sure if you do it Keliu then it must be okay Very Happy

No, I wouldn't believe that!!! I tend to swim against the tide most of the time.

That's what I like Keliu. I'm pretty sure it was you that gave the idea to use my osmosis powder with aloe and I love it and thank you for it. I do get that tingling, and I even get it if I add the skinactives power to it...yes I have both powders Laughing

So the PH must be okay since I get that tingle. The only problem is as my skin gets accustomed to it doesn't tingle as much..he..he..he, my skin is just too tough LOL
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thanks for the link Fawnie. I noticed the study is 20 years old - curious as to whether there are more studies and also wondering why this particular form has not become widely known or used?

Thanks, BFG

As far as I know, "AA2G" is only available out sourced from Asia.. I believe Fawnie gets hers from Skin Essential (Taiwan).

Since I'm in the U.S., I'd be leery to buy any heat sensitive active that would have to make such a trip. I'm happy with L-AA though, since none of the other derivatives have impressed me either through personal use or studies. THDA has it's place for me in oils, but I can live without it unless and until I grow the ba!!s I'd need to roll... Laughing

A quick 'google' pulls up *studies* mostly related to "supplementation" and "preservation".. (and last but not least this thread.. Laughing )

I'll let you know if I find anything positive.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thanks for the link Fawnie. I noticed the study is 20 years old - curious as to whether there are more studies and also wondering why this particular form has not become widely known or used?

Thanks, BFG

As far as I know, "AA2G" is only available out sourced from Asia.. I believe Fawnie gets hers from Skin Essential (Taiwan).

Since I'm in the U.S., I'd be leery to buy any heat sensitive active that would have to make such a trip. I'm happy with L-AA though, since none of the other derivatives have impressed me either through personal use or studies. THDA has it's place for me in oils, but I can live without it unless and until I grow the ba!!s I'd need to roll... Laughing

A quick 'google' pulls up *studies* mostly related to "supplementation" and "preservation".. (and last but not least this thread.. Laughing )

I'll let you know if I find anything positive.

Yep,

The only other supplier I found also in Taiwan,

is Bulkactives, so same situation.

Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Does anyone know where BA is getting their data from? In other words, a link to the study(s) employing this version of C?

Tks

All data comes from the manufacturer's promotional brochure.

All studies quoted in the brochure are from manufacturer sponsored studies.

As far as I know there are no independent studies on AAG2.

Kassy_A wrote:

Since I'm in the U.S., I'd be leery to buy any heat sensitive active that would have to make such a trip.

AA2G is very stable and there are no problems with international postage.

Even normal L-ascorbic acid can easily be posted via airmail without ANY problems.

------------------
About AAG2...Please note that

Ascorbyl Glucoside is VERY acidic.
Ascorbyl Glucoside is ONLY stable at pH 5-7
You MUST use a stong alkaline (food grade lye/sodium hydroxide) to bring the pH up to 6.
Working with Sodium Hydroxide is DANGEROUS
Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide Lye Micro Beads are readily available from 'theessentialdepot'

--------------

BTW! I still recommend L-ascorbic acid as the best product to use. It has tons of studies, it is cheap, and it is easy to work with!

The stability issue is NOT an issue for DIY, as it is easily made fresh every week.

LAA Stability is only a problem for the small scale home crafters who want to sell their products and need to store the stuff.

I started selling AAG2 because it was requested, and we could sell it easily at a lower price than a competitor (since then the competitor has lowered her price substantially to match mine Smile

NOTE that there is no difference in quality. It does not matter who you buy it from, AAG2 is patented and there is only ONE manufacturer.

John
BulkActives
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Any updates on the product? DarkMoon?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 am      Reply with quote
John,

I neglected to thank you for that insightful post, so...thank you.

BFG
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I am using SkinActives Vitamin C product and I like it a lot. To me, it seems like it is helping soften some of my lines like the nasolabial lines and it is making my skin clearer. It can sting slightly when you first put it on but that dissipates quickly. It is not mixed every day, you mix it once and they recommend keeping it in the fridge. Some people have commented on it overflowing when mixing it but if you add a little at a time and make sure it dissolves before adding more, it should be okay. I plan to repurchase it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:05 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I am happily using mine (I ordered two). If I did not already own everything to make mine from scratch I would continue to purchase this! For those not inclined to DIY it is a great great and easy option to have the best of both worlds, FRESH LAA serum without the hassles! Smile

I may continue to buy once I go through my DIY supplies, you can't beat the price , and again it is freshly made and easy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

I am happily using mine (I ordered two). If I did not already own everything to make mine from scratch I would continue to purchase this! For those not inclined to DIY it is a great great and easy option to have the best of both worlds, FRESH LAA serum without the hassles! Smile

I may continue to buy once I go through my DIY supplies, you can't beat the price , and again it is freshly made and easy!

thats the review I've been waiting for! Ty
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

thats the review I've been waiting for! Ty

You are welcome Tiny! I love my DIY potions but this is every bit as good, has all the actives I want and it is so darn easy one less to make would not hurt at all to me! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

DM, is it tacky? Can it be easily used under AnteAGe serum in the morning under make-up? I've been waiting for a product like that for ages...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

DM, is it tacky? Can it be easily used under AnteAGe serum in the morning under make-up? I've been waiting for a product like that for ages...

RS, The serum alone (without the c powder) was tacky, not so once the powder is added and dissolved.

When I was using the AA I had no problem at all, now I am using it before my ReLuma serum and cream and it works perfectly! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

RS, The serum alone (without the c powder) was tacky, not so once the powder is added and dissolved.

When I was using the AA I had no problem at all, now I am using it before my ReLuma serum and cream and it works perfectly! Smile

Glad to hear you like the product as well DarkMoon. I've been following the discussion between you and Tiny on ReLuma and the AnteAge discussions as well as one of those two serums may be my next purchase once I've used up a lot of the stuff on my countertop, since I'm a product junkie! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Debb3485 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Glad to hear you like the product as well DarkMoon. I've been following the discussion between you and Tiny on ReLuma and the AnteAge discussions as well as one of those two serums may be my next purchase once I've used up a lot of the stuff on my countertop, since I'm a product junkie! Laughing

Thanks Deb,

I love the SA C serum and I am thrilled with the ReLuma, I already ordered a second set from a seller Tiny found on Amazon! Very Happy

Product Junkies United! Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |