Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Whose guilty of neglecting their body?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I must be the biggest culprit. Spend literally hundreds of pounds over the years striving to find the right eye cream. In real terms if I'd put all the cash in a jar, I could have had them surgically corrected by now Laughing That said I never moisturise my body, rarely exfoliate despite having Gatineau's gorgeous body scrub on the bathroom shelf. My neck never sees a drop of cream and I even miss my forehead out. Shock Ive only this week began to drink plenty of water, that said, I havent had a single mouthful all day today. Ive got a drawer full of vitamins and minerals for promoting healthy skin and they sit there unused. How bad is all that. Is there anyone out there worse than me, please say yes someone Pray
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I must say that I have been guilty of that too. For some reason I tend to miss out my neck even if I take care of the rest of my body. My face and my feet are always well pampered though.

I am happy to say that I have now improved and do (most of the time) remember about my neck. I never had a problem with forgetting to exfoliate my body because I love the feeling of it so I do it regularly. I must admit that I have been very lazy on the dry body brushing though! Embarassed
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Cindi, I'd have to say I take pretty good care of my body. I drink tons of water, take vitamins and always wear sunblock. I exercise nearly every day, sometimes twice a day. This morning I played over an hour of tennis and this afternoon before dark I'll run 3 miles. Yesterday I just went scuba diving. I get a massage regularly to take care of my tired muscles and help improve circulation. My whole body gets lotion after my shower, definately my neck!
I haven't tried dry body brushing though. That does sound nice.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was a gym rat til I went back to school. now I just do school. I exfoliate my body lots but never use lotion...and only use sunscreen if I'm going outside for more than half an hour.

I don't drink water much...and i rarely take my vitamins.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I was in awesome physical shape until July when I had a bad ankle injury. It is so depressing...I can't walk for long periods of time and go though periods I am in a lot of pain. I now go for physical therapy 3 times a week. Hope it helps!!! Noticed I have gained 8 lbs. back after losing 20 last year. Although my face looks quite young for 60 my body is starting to get a bit flabby. Last summer I walked 3 to 5 miles a day with my dogs. I try to cream my body and take good care of my feet too.

I think I am a bit depressed over this whole ordeal. You take for granted you body until something goes wrong.

If I am not better by July they want to operate on my foot. Shock
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
oh winnie, I hope you don't need surgery! I got injured once and it took me over a year to really get back into it. I was sad and unmotivated...I know how difficult it can be.
Maizy
5% products discount

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Cindy,
I am also one of the guilty ones in this area I'm afraid. Something about 40+ that jolts you into thinking it's now or never! We are planning a trip to Paris next month which is a big trip for us, so I am really working on it and so far so good.
Best.........
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maizy, thanks for the post. Glad Im not alone, I didnt mention I dont do eyebrows, rarely shave my legs in the winter...... god, I sound like a minger Crying or Very sad Good luck in your preparation for Paris, sounds wonderful. You lucky thing. Im only 16 months off being 40. I have got something to motivate me, Im getting married in Jan 06 so I need to lose weight for starters..... Its the dark winter nights, they are soooo depressing Sad
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I never shave in the winter unless I have to wear a skirt or I'm wearing shorts to the gym (rarely ever)

It's funny...my boyfriend will comment on how smooth my legs are 10 seconds before I tell him I'm sorry they're so hairy!!

Cindi, weight watchers has a decent plan. I lost a bunch of weight doing their program. I also went to the gym for an hour at least 4 times per week. Did cardio and weight training
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lianne, I have done weight watchers before, I lost 2 stone. Thing was I was 9 stone, and put three stone on due to medication. Im still taking medication and rolling around the 11 stone mark at the moment, so its a constant battle. It has nothing to do whatsoever with my love for smarties and mini smartie eggs now that Easter is on its way Laughing
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
cindi...what's a stone?? *stupid north american here*

If food isn't the issue just try to get moving more...I still eat well but have gained a few pounds because I haven't been going to the gym at all.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Lianne, a stone is 14 lbs. Hey, no studying today? I hope not cause its just you and me again on here kiddo Cool
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just woke up..had to get my EDS'fix' I'm going to study soon...I was up pretty late with the accounting last night. Rolling Eyes
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
What time is it where u r? Its almost 8 pm here and Im being distracted by the O.C right now. Seth is no where near as cute, he'd had his hair cut Wink
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
i'm in school during OC. I haven't seen the show since september!

It's noon here. Just got off the phone with my grandma from the UK...
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Cool, where abouts in the UK. Oddly enough I have a friend in Canada, who I call my adopted Mom. Shes on Prince Edward Island. she gets snowed in in the winter! Thats cool. Thouhg only cause we never get snow.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
The OC is repeated so many times here its hard to miss it. New series just started, you should set your recorder.... Cool
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
Sorry Cindi, I'd have to say I take pretty good care of my body. I drink tons of water, take vitamins and always wear sunblock. I exercise nearly every day, sometimes twice a day. This morning I played over an hour of tennis and this afternoon before dark I'll run 3 miles. Yesterday I just went scuba diving. I get a massage regularly to take care of my tired muscles and help improve circulation. My whole body gets lotion after my shower, definately my neck!
I haven't tried dry body brushing though. That does sound nice.

I want to be you Very Happy . I wish I still had the stamina to do all that. I do take care of myself, head to toe, but nothing like!!! Maybe I need to get into a program!!
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Vegas Gal: I'm really lucky to have a job that is so flexible and a husband who loves to play outside even more than I do. This afternoon I was geared up to go running with some girlfriends; none of them showed up so Tim suggested we go riding instead. We have Honda dirt bikes that we ride on trails through the jungle. It's a blast and a great workout too.
Some days we'll be working and he'll look outside and see that the water is flat and say, C'mon, let's go waterskiing".
It's easy to stay fit in this environment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, your job isn't work, it's playtime! Is the boss ever around?? Seems like you two play all day!
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Lianne, We do get to play a lot. When the boss isn't around our job is mostly maintenance and cleaning. We don't have to punch a clock or anything but we live on board so we do work everyday. There are 7 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms and 2 kitchens to keep clean. When I'm not doing boat specific stuff like sanding and varnishing I feel like a housewife with a big house to take care of.
The boss hasn't been down here since Oct!! We're expecting him and a group of friends for a long weekend later this month. We've been on this yacht for 7 years and I guess you can see why. The only hard part is being so far from family. My sister in White Rock had a baby in July and I haven't seen her since August. I bought her a webcam so at least I get to see them that way. My parents will be here on Saturday - with my EDS order if it reached them in time - yiiipppeeee.
Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Is there anyone out there worse than me, please say yes someone Pray

Yes! I'm even too lazy to elaborate Laughing
I am the queen of good intentions though Very Happy
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Me!! I'm guilty of neglecting everything between my neck to my ankles and extends to my wrists. Seems like only my face, hands and feet get pampered. Embarassed

I'm good at exfoliating, but very lazy when I have to apply moisturizer on my body. Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteLotus wrote:
I'm good at exfoliating, but very lazy when I have to apply moisturizer on my body. Rolling Eyes

I'm like that too. I now use a spray-on moisturiser. It takes less than a minute to apply. It's really good but it is actually a pump spray. I would love to find a pressurised mist that you don't even have to rub in - the ultimate body moisturiser answer for the ultra-lazy Laughing Anyone know of one? I really like the Thalgo one but I use it on my face/neck and am looking for something cheaper for my body.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |