Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What do you think of wearing coloured contact lenses?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think wearing coloured contact lenses is deceitful?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
If they could actually make one that was really natural looking, I'd be all for it. They all look fake to me. Although I've tried them in the past, I think all eye colors are beautiful and people should just play up their natural eye color with makeup, which can make your eyes look darker or slightly lighter.

My SIL always wears colored contacts and they totally look fake, so I'm not sure who she thinks she's fooling. When they look that unnatural, it makes it hard to look that person in the eyes when you are talking to them. I wish she'd just get rid of them honestly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I think it can depend on natural eye color eg: blue eyes can wear green ect.
Someone like me with almost black irises just no way, they look really fake on me! Confused Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:54 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
If they could actually make one that was really natural looking, I'd be all for it. They all look fake to me. Although I've tried them in the past, I think all eye colors are beautiful and people should just play up their natural eye color with makeup, which can make your eyes look darker or slightly lighter.

My SIL always wears colored contacts and they totally look fake, so I'm not sure who she thinks she's fooling. When they look that unnatural, it makes it hard to look that person in the eyes when you are talking to them. I wish she'd just get rid of them honestly.

I completely agree...they usually look so fake that they are just distracting. A friend of mine got green ones, and everytime he blinked his eyes it reminded me of flashing dollar bills. Confused Other people have lighter colors, and I just think of Michael Jackson in the Thriller video for some reason.

I think you can be far more creative with eye liners these days, and emphasize your naturally beautful eyes in a more striking way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I completely agree...they usually look so fake that they are just distracting. A friend of mine got green ones, and everytime he blinked his eyes it reminded me of flashing dollar bills.

Ha ha Bethany I know just what you mean. OK so maybe they are not such a good idea... I like my eye colour but I always wanted blue eyes.

There is actually a laser treatment being tested at the moment which potentially has the ability to permanently change your eye colour! If tested safe apparently 17% of Americans would want it and a further 35% would seriously consider it!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've worn soft contacts on and off for years (the majority of the time, daily lenses) and have tried colours for the first time a month ago.

I agree that some of the wilder colours can look weird...the ones I have at the moment are Freshlook Colorblends True Sapphire (monthly), TruColor Elite Aqua and Violet (yearly vial lenses). I actually think they look reasonably natural, from a safe distance, anyway.

You *can* see the dot-print of the pattern close-up, though. Nobody's ever commented, except to say my eyes look striking/pretty. Anyone I've seen with opaque lenses (as opposed to the more "blended" lenses) looks strange.

Here's a close-up of the Aqua: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/sam0502l.jpg/

Freshlook blurs my vision a little (some people get on fine with them) but TruColor Elite has a slightly bigger pupil hole and I can see great with those.

I absolutely hate the "clubbing"/"horror" lenses..I run a mile if I see anyone with them in at a club Laughing

PS: My natural colour is blue.

PPS: There's *no way* I'd have laser treatment to change my eye colour! Are people nuts?! I got talked out of corrective laser, but that's another story Confused

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, didn't answer your original question. No, I don't think it's deceitful, it's just another "tweak" that we do to make ourselves look better, much like makeup, underwear, hairstyling.

If someone comments on my eyes I tell them that I'm wearing coloured lenses. (I like freaking people out by slooowly moving it across my eyeball Bad Grin).

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Oops, didn't answer your original question. No, I don't think it's deceitful, it's just another "tweak" that we do to make ourselves look better, much like makeup, underwear, hairstyling.

If someone comments on my eyes I tell them that I'm wearing coloured lenses. (I like freaking people out by slooowly moving it across my eyeball Bad Grin).

I think yours look great ljk! What is your natural eye color? just curious. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I agree that some of the wilder colours can look weird...the ones I have at the moment are Freshlook Colorblends True Sapphire (monthly), TruColor Elite Aqua and Violet (yearly vial lenses). I actually think they look reasonably natural, from a safe distance, anyway.

I wore cosmetic lenses for a while but they were thicker and not appropriate for long term use so I looked in to the every day ones. Problem was that I could not find any that fitted my eye properly so they always looked fake or a bit scary. I really liked the Freshlook True Sapphire but they just did not fit so well. Never tried the TruColor though.

Quote:
Nobody's ever commented, except to say my eyes look striking/pretty.

That's exactly it. I have hazel eyes but I would wear blue lenses. But if someone were to say "You have beautiful blue eyes", then I would not know what to say in answer. I would not want to be deceitful and say "thank you" but at the same time if I tell them that they are contacts then for me it kind of defeats the point of wearing them. I like the fact you make a joke out of it though Smile
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 am      Reply with quote
@Darkmoon: I've got blue eyes.

@Moon: there are daily disposable coloured lenses by Freshlook but I didn't feel the dailies option offered enough of a variety. Though I'm sure you know of them already.

I'm no expert, but I have heard of people having problems with the diameter/fit of lenses they've purchased, but think it's not that common. Maybe best consulting your eye doctor on that one.

Got the Trucolor Elite from a US site, really cheap, as an experiment. Turned out I like them even more than the Freshlooks! I'd buy Freshlook again but the vision blur makes them a no-no for me. Suppose it proves that one man's rave review is another man's thumbs-down.

Maybe I have extra-big pupils (!) as some people have no problems with Colourblends.

Re changing the colour of brown eyes..cosplay forums have good reviews of colour contacts for darker eyes. Obviously my experience is very limited, but I did a lot of reading before purchasing. I'd avoid "enhancers" like Freshlook Expressions etc, as they're for lighter eyes.

Hope you find something you're happy with Smile

egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Moon, I don't think colored contacts are deceitful, but I know what you mean about what would you say if someone complimented your eyes! I think they're something fun to get to wear if you need them for vision correction. My eyes are gray/blue/green (a really odd color). I have glasses but I've had purple/violet contacts before. They were really fun to wear! Smile But I can't wear them because of being on birth control pills, which makes contacts not fit right/uncomfortable. Confused

I think colored contacts can be cool though, even if it's not someones natural eye color, as long as it looks good! I agree about playing up your natural color too though. I love hazel eyes. My mom had hazel eyes. Smile

That surgery you talked about I've read about before. I don't think it's crazy. Have you seen the before and afters? Shock It's crazy what they can do these days.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 4:41 am      Reply with quote
These might be useful for anyone with brown eyes to see how different coloured contact lenses appear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7SodSGo_KM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0RssMzJEPs

Think the Acuvue 2 look better than the Freshlooks!

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
From that first youtube link I can see Freshlooks are 14.5 diameter, compared to Acuvue's 14.0, not sure if that makes a difference to the fit?

Might be worth asking an optometrist, even try out some testers, if you want to persist with coloured contacts.

The TruColor Elites are 14.0 too (just had a look at the vial). Can't say I've noticed any difference, though, both brands feel comfortable.

sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUPIZAqvIZI&feature=player_detailpage

I think these ones look the most natural on brown eyes. They are solotica contacts.

Here's what they look like over brown eyes:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow those look real! I saw a girl at whataburger, who obviously had lenses in, but they were so real and pretty looking. I asked her but she said no they were her eyes. Next week went in and oppps she didn't have them in! I still want to know the brand she was wearing, sighs
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Looking up coloured contacts is quite addictive, a bit like changing your hair colour everyday, though I bet most men wouldn't notice that either Laughing I better not buy any more! I'd like to try grey and brown next (but I won't!)!

I've read good things about the Soloticas with brown/very dark eyes on lenses forums. They do look impressive.

Here's a selection of more Soloticas on brown eyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK1pLZQeMLo

More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKFsU7ilKzE (some detailed close-ups on that one).
sandooch wrote:

I think these ones look the most natural on brown eyes. They are solotica contacts.
Don't be misled by the blurb on the youtube link..the lenses are Soloticas and the links are for much cheaper Geo lenses. Looks like the Youtube member tried to get a cheap advertisement from it.

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
These are cool too, though never heard of Adore lenses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLovD7dBcOM (selection at 0:15). I better stop looking! Cool

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:

Here's what they look like over brown eyes:

Wow...those are VERY different than what I have seen people wear, and much nicer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I agree these look very pretty. However you really need to see the person "in action" with eyes moving etc. Sometimes it becomes obvious - I've seen lenses appear almost reptilian.
I don't consider it deceitful to wear colored lenses but I think they tend to look obvious and more detracting than attractive.

I would never use surgery to change eye color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I agree these look very pretty. However you really need to see the person "in action" with eyes moving etc. Sometimes it becomes obvious - I've seen lenses appear almost reptilian.
I don't consider it deceitful to wear colored lenses but I think they tend to look obvious and more detracting than attractive.

I would never use surgery to change eye color.

I agree on surgery, omg seeing is just too important!

I also agree there is always just something not quiet right when someone is wearing them, you notice it, period. It's also weird, you feel like your talking to a wall, you can't see the real eye and it really does make a difference.
I've also noticed the real eye area of people wearing these is very red! I have light brown eyes and would love to change them, but it still just isn't real enough!

I did ask hubby if men cared, when they later saw their date, and the hair was combed out, the lashes off, the eyes a different color, the padded bra gone Laughing He just looked at me as if I was an alien, he said I don't think we'd even notice lmaooooooooooooooooo. So no men don't care if everything we have on is fake Shock
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I did ask hubby if men cared, when they later saw their date, and the hair was combed out, the lashes off, the eyes a different color, the padded bra gone Laughing He just looked at me as if I was an alien, he said I don't think we'd even notice lmaooooooooooooooooo. So no men don't care if everything we have on is fake Shock

LMAO!!!! Maybe it's like, men see the whole of the woman, or the "macrocosm". Whereas us women see individual little things, or the "microcosm". LOL. All my husband sees is a crazy redhead probably LOL!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:27 am      Reply with quote
It's like my mom always says when I'd ask her what my dad thought of her new hair cut/color, "Your father would even notice if I grew a tail." Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
It's like my mom always says when I'd ask her what my dad thought of her new hair cut/color, "Your father would even notice if I grew a tail." Laughing

and all I can say is God Love Them, for being so blind!!!! Laughing Laughing
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yep! And they get blinder by the year as the eyesight really starts to go. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Yep! And they get blinder by the year as the eyesight really starts to go. Razz

rofl
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |