Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any suggestions for getting rid of migraine!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if any of you EDSers have experience of getting rid of longstanding migraines?
Ive had this for about a week, tried ,solpadeine, Maxalt (which usually works very well if I catch it early, this time I must have been slow) Sugery coffee, tea etc.
I think it started cos of lack of sleep (Cant do much about that got two wee ones who dont really sleep, and two fur babies who do but are needy at moment) and thats just life!!
Any help gratefully accepted Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Zomig saved me. I don't get migraines anymore but there was a period of 10 years when they were debilitating. I even had to go to the hospital. Zomig took care of the migraine within 15 minutes.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I am exactly the same as Marina. I used to get the most killer migraines. I was out for about 6 weeks with one that ended up with me in hospital and on morphine, which incidentally was the only thing that helped. Since that time I rarely even get headaches anymore. Also it may have been not long after that I started on botox, which supposedly helps. On the news the other day they even said they are looking at prescribing botox for severe migraines.
So I can recommend morphine but it is probably a bit extreme. I would definitely go to see your Dr.

Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have always heard that the the herb, fenugreek, is the best thing for migraines. You can probably find it in most health food stores.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi ,

I don't get migraines (thankfully) but I do get tension/sinus headaches sometimes & I use the Cefaly electrode patches with my Safetox to alleviate them. http://www.cefaly.ca/
http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en

I know others are using this for migraine relief as well as prevention.

Hope you are over it soon!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 3:35 am      Reply with quote
thank you everybody,
I am feeling better ,still with a headache remnant but much better, solpadeine can hit most of it know.
Zomig didn't help me at all when I tried it, worked brilliantly for first hour, then came back with a vengeance.

Fenugreek I haven't tried but will do thanks,and Safetox I don't know much about but am just heading off to find out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Depends on the cause of the migraines.

If sleep disturbance is the cause, well, that needs to be fixed above all else. Regular sleep times and not oversleeping is paramount.

Injectable Toradol can help if the triptans have failed.

Oral Naproxen helps some.

Doing a migraine diary is helpful. List any foods that you eat to see if there is a relation.

Sex can cause migraines (if youre doing it right!)

Heat and sun are triggers for some.

Alcohol esp USA wine with sulfites is a biggie.

Hormones. If the migraines are intractable removal of ovaries (and uterus) is an option and a surefire cure... was for me.

I know your pain.. hope you get relief!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie
Thanks, I think its lack of sleep mainly, this time, food has not (apart from a certain brand of chips) really been a trigger,sometimes not drinking enough water
has definitely had an effect.
Would that it could be sun ha ha, it still feels like winter here(Scottish Highlands) .

Not sure about the rest (no time for sex ) Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Fawnie
Thanks, I think its lack of sleep mainly, this time, food has not (apart from a certain brand of chips) really been a trigger,sometimes not drinking enough water
has definitely had an effect.
Would that it could be sun ha ha, it still feels like winter here(Scottish Highlands) .

Not sure about the rest (no time for sex ) Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

lol ...

Well i hope the sleep part is easily fixed! sounds like there is a good chance the migraines will respond and be controlled with a good sleep hygiene habit. Make it a priority and keep to the schedule (as much as possible).
I know daytime naps to try to catch up never helped and just made me groggier.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Just wondering if any of you EDSers have experience of getting rid of longstanding migraines?
Ive had this for about a week, tried ,solpadeine, Maxalt (which usually works very well if I catch it early, this time I must have been slow) Sugery coffee, tea etc.
I think it started cos of lack of sleep (Cant do much about that got two wee ones who dont really sleep, and two fur babies who do but are needy at moment) and thats just life!!
Any help gratefully accepted Sad

My nephew had terrible migraines when only 3-4 (very unusual)! My SIL took him to a pediatric neurologist and due to age they worked on a diet of foods to avoid with excellent success! He was way too young for medications.

The typical list of triggering foods can be found here:

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/triggers-specific-foods

It is worth checking what might be triggering along with all the other great advice here. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Disclaimer: not a medical practitioner, so please check with a doctor before trying any of this.

There is a thread on EDS where I posted about Butterbur:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45447&start=25

I take it and it's the only supplement that has helped, more than preventive meds.
I did a detox for 3 weeks where I removed all possible allergens and food intolerances, including migraine triggers. Once I started to slowly incorporate everything back into my diet, I realized I could not find a food trigger. Everyone is different though, so you may have food triggers.

After some more analysis, I realized that: lack of sleep, stress, changes in blood sugar (letting it get too low), dehydration, too much alcohol, sudden changes in light or any other neurological stressors trigger my migraines. Everything in excess seems to do it: too much sugar, too much alcohol, too much food in general, not enough water, not enough sleep, not enough food... Best advice I can give you is try to stay in balance at all times.
I cannot control all of these factors, but Butterbur has helped me have milder, more rare migraines.
If I take Butterbur at the migraine onset, I can stop it without my prescription meds.

Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I take Imigran. It gets rid of the pain, but then I wake up the next morning with it again. This can go on for three or four days each month.

What's really helped me though is Botox - so I suggest doing some research on it and speaking to your doctor about it.

http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet-botox-for-migraine-10899

5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I use to get severe migraines and went for an MRI - all was well. Then had some blood tests done and doctor noticed I was lacking Iron. Since I started taking Ferrous Sulfate (Iron) 600 mg/day I no longer have migraines. I ran out of Iron and stopped taking it for a month and my migraines returned. So for me it was lack of iron. No more migraines.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |