Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml)
How to use Papain Powder?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 2155
Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Does anyone know how to use Papain Powder? I want to use it to get rid of the post-peel flakes!
I bought if from the GOW but they do not provide any instructions:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4032846/8731880.htm

Peace & blessings!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu May 17, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know how to use Papain Powder? I want to use it to get rid of the post-peel flakes!
I bought if from the GOW but they do not provide any instructions:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4032846/8731880.htm

Peace & blessings!


I have purchased from my health food store (100% pure) and just made a paste with water than used like any mask.

If you are dryer skinned you could add honey.

How much do you get from GOW? It may be different than what I have used.

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu May 17, 2012 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Don't use yours straight, this is highly concentrated.

This is from the GOW site:

Papain 2,500,000 IU Powder

Color - White

Uses - This is the refined form of papaya enzymes. It is really strong and is generally used in products to help with gentle exfoliation and eating away of the flakey skin.

Form - Powder

Solubility - water

Use Rate - .5 - 3% MAX

You may want to use the live chat on site for information http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/chat.html

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 1594
Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Enzyme peels are not appropriate for use after an acid peel. The dead skin is akin to a scab, it should remain in place for as long as possible to protect the new baby skin underneath as it matures. The best way to encourage your skin to heal is to keep it fully hydrated as this speeds healing and activates the enzymes associated with natural exfoliation - use ingredients that are known to support/ replenish the skin's barrier function and perhaps aloe vera.

_________________
Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 2155
Thu May 17, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, Firefox, you are so right! I made a solution of 1/8 tsp of papain powder + 3 tsp of distilled water and used the solution as a toner. The flakes did disappear for about an hour, but in about 3 hours I got twice as much!

Hydration, hydration, hydration! Lesson learned!


Firefox7275 wrote:
Enzyme peels are not appropriate for use after an acid peel. The dead skin is akin to a scab, it should remain in place for as long as possible to protect the new baby skin underneath as it matures. The best way to encourage your skin to heal is to keep it fully hydrated as this speeds healing and activates the enzymes associated with natural exfoliation - use ingredients that are known to support/ replenish the skin's barrier function and perhaps aloe vera.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 2060
Thu May 17, 2012 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I add some of it to a bland gel or face cream and leave it on for a few minutes as a mask.

Sometimes I don't have the luxury of waiting until every flake as flown.

Sometimes I have to rush off to a business meeting and can't bear the thought of distracting anyone with a flakey face.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu May 17, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry RS You must have run off before I checked the GOW site, and could make my second post!Embarassed



RussianSunshine wrote:
Gosh, Firefox, you are so right! I made a solution of 1/8 tsp of papain powder + 3 tsp of distilled water and used the solution as a toner. The flakes did disappear for about an hour, but in about 3 hours I got twice as much!

Hydration, hydration, hydration! Lesson learned!


Firefox7275 wrote:
Enzyme peels are not appropriate for use after an acid peel. The dead skin is akin to a scab, it should remain in place for as long as possible to protect the new baby skin underneath as it matures. The best way to encourage your skin to heal is to keep it fully hydrated as this speeds healing and activates the enzymes associated with natural exfoliation - use ingredients that are known to support/ replenish the skin's barrier function and perhaps aloe vera.

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 2155
Fri May 18, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I should have used less of papain powder, it's good I didn't make a paste!


DarkMoon wrote:
Sorry RS You must have run off before I checked the GOW site, and could make my second post!Embarassed



RussianSunshine wrote:
Gosh, Firefox, you are so right! I made a solution of 1/8 tsp of papain powder + 3 tsp of distilled water and used the solution as a toner. The flakes did disappear for about an hour, but in about 3 hours I got twice as much!

Hydration, hydration, hydration! Lesson learned!


Firefox7275 wrote:
Enzyme peels are not appropriate for use after an acid peel. The dead skin is akin to a scab, it should remain in place for as long as possible to protect the new baby skin underneath as it matures. The best way to encourage your skin to heal is to keep it fully hydrated as this speeds healing and activates the enzymes associated with natural exfoliation - use ingredients that are known to support/ replenish the skin's barrier function and perhaps aloe vera.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry, I feel really bad! Mine never does that, but the GOW is very concentrated!



RussianSunshine wrote:
Yeah, I should have used less of papain powder, it's good I didn't make a paste!


DarkMoon wrote:
Sorry RS You must have run off before I checked the GOW site, and could make my second post!Embarassed



RussianSunshine wrote:
Gosh, Firefox, you are so right! I made a solution of 1/8 tsp of papain powder + 3 tsp of distilled water and used the solution as a toner. The flakes did disappear for about an hour, but in about 3 hours I got twice as much!

Hydration, hydration, hydration! Lesson learned!


Firefox7275 wrote:
Enzyme peels are not appropriate for use after an acid peel. The dead skin is akin to a scab, it should remain in place for as long as possible to protect the new baby skin underneath as it matures. The best way to encourage your skin to heal is to keep it fully hydrated as this speeds healing and activates the enzymes associated with natural exfoliation - use ingredients that are known to support/ replenish the skin's barrier function and perhaps aloe vera.

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Sat May 19, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Pays to do your own homework - JFGI - than to jump on everything you read on forums. Check, double check and recheck... its *your* face.

Miss Information abounds! Shock
piplouise
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 1
Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried using it to get rid of excess hair?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz)