Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I missed this info can you repost?

Bethany, thank you for finding/pointing out which type of C they used!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Bethany, I missed this info can you repost?

Bethany, thank you for finding/pointing out which type of C they used!

Here you go Smile -- my fault, since I should have quoted it to begin with:

bethany wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Bethany, do they specify anywhere which form of Vit C they used? The results do look impressive, but I'm still unclear about whether LAA is a good choice for US devices.

I'll probably opt for MAP if I can't find anything about LAA.

This Lotts study metioned using l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphoric acid

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/image/beauty/new/2005MORECULAR%20STRUCTURE.pdf

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!

I have a big question. The instructions on the US units warn not to overuse. That the US can actually harm your skin if you overuse it.

The RK says: Take the treatment head slowly over the skin. Ideally, you remain about 5-10 seconds
on each skin area, or rather 10-20 seconds on skin areas that you want to treat more
intensively, such as skin impurities, wrinkles and lines or fat pads. Treat one skin section
after the other like this.

That's not much time. 5- 20 seconds? YET they tell you that you can use all the 5 different modes in the same session.

Here's the question - how long can we treat one area? Let's say the neck - how long is it safe to use Mode #2 on the neck - which is all 3, US< GAL> INFRA?

I feel like I'm hurrying up my areas in order not to over use one spot.

How long are you guys treating one area when using all 3 modes?

THANKS!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm spending 12 minutes on my face. For my neck, I do another 4-8 minutes.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
The Sq/F/M instructions say to not do more than 20 mins on an area (like your whole face), but the typical protocol is 16 mins.

For the product penetration, instead of gliding you just set the probe on a spot for 2 seconds, and then move to the next spot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:

Here's the question - how long can we treat one area? Let's say the neck - how long is it safe to use Mode #2 on the neck - which is all 3, US< GAL> INFRA?

THANKS!

The Rex Kara online brochure shows these treatment protocols on page 28. Maybe this will give you an idea of the maximum time that should be used. They call them 4 week intensive treatment programs. Of course at the end of the treatment descriptions it says "The particular treatments may be performed even more often or longer than indicated here, if necessary."

Anti-aging intensive treatment

1 x daily 10 minutes facial cleansing
with
Program 1
and Cleansing Gel

1 x daily 15 minutes anti-aging care
with
Program 2
and Anti-Aging & Lifting Serum

Lifting intensive treatment

with
Program 1
and Cleansing Gel

1 x daily 10 minutes anti-aging care
with
Program 2

1 x daily 15 minutes Lifting with
Program 3

Regeneration treatment for impure skin

with
Program 1 and cleansing gel

1 x daily 15 minutes problem skin treatment
with
Program 2
and Purifying Serum

Regeneration treatment for irritated skin

1 x daily 20 minutes problem skin treatment
with
Program 5
and Purifying Serum
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone else notice that the Rex Kara gels are ionized?

This is driving me nuts, lol....do products need to be ionized or not? I sent Dr. Serene a question on whether or not the SQ gels are ionized.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:26 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
JaeBlue wrote:

THANKS!

The Rex Kara online brochure shows these treatment protocols on page 28. Maybe this will give you an idea of the maximum time that should be used.

That is an intense protocol that's temporary - 4 weeks. The wonderful woman from the company told my to limit it to 5 minutes, length of the timer, for the entire face including the neck for daily use.

That's pretty short. She did say though that you can use more than one mode and do that for another 5 - kinda confusing!!

Bethany - how can you tell that the gel is ionized?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:20 am      Reply with quote
With regard to the search for a suitable ultrasound gel - what is wrong with the standard gel that's used in clinics and hospitals "Acquasonic"? Is it the "harmful" ingredients that are worrying everyone. I just wonder about this because this gel is used for fetal ultrasounds - surely it has to be safe.

Also, in regard to fragmented HA - is everyone interested in this because that is the ingredient in the SQOOM gels? I've been following the thread but to be honest, not allot has sunk in. To me, there seems to be more information against its use than for it.

I just wonder whether you're all over-thinking the whole gel thing - or maybe I'm over-thinking the over-thinking! I still think the best way to go is use some good serums in conjunction with a medical grade gel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:58 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
packratmack wrote:
JaeBlue wrote:

THANKS!

The Rex Kara online brochure shows these treatment protocols on page 28. Maybe this will give you an idea of the maximum time that should be used.

That is an intense protocol that's temporary - 4 weeks. The wonderful woman from the company told my to limit it to 5 minutes, length of the timer, for the entire face including the neck for daily use.

That's pretty short. She did say though that you can use more than one mode and do that for another 5 - kinda confusing!!

Bethany - how can you tell that the gel is ionized?

Yes, the protocols are temporary. But, I would never use an US with such an intense regimen, even for a short period of time. I only use it for five minutes per setting. I use the first three modes only.

The Rex Kara website states that the gels are ionized. I was searching through old posts regarding US gels. The conclusion I gathered was that for US you only need a water based gel or serum. For galvanic (cleansing and infusion) you need the gel or serum to be water based and ionized. None of my products are ionized. I hope it doesn't really matter.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
With regard to the search for a suitable ultrasound gel - what is wrong with the standard gel that's used in clinics and hospitals "Acquasonic"? Is it the "harmful" ingredients that are worrying everyone. I just wonder about this because this gel is used for fetal ultrasounds - surely it has to be safe.

Also, in regard to fragmented HA - is everyone interested in this because that is the ingredient in the SQOOM gels? I've been following the thread but to be honest, not allot has sunk in. To me, there seems to be more information against its use than for it.

I just wonder whether you're all over-thinking the whole gel thing - or maybe I'm over-thinking the over-thinking! I still think the best way to go is use some good serums in conjunction with a medical grade gel.

Personally, yes, I am worried because ultrasound (and galvanic) supposedly push the ingredients deeper into our skin.
It seems almost impossible to find the full ingredients of the Aquasonic but I found this source stating some of them:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/uog.6425/full

"Components of the ultrasound gel Aquasonic 100, supplied by the manufacturer, include: water, moisturizer, polymer, propyl-paraben, methyl-paraben and FDC color."

I don't want parabens to penetrate my skin.

In principle, I share your opinion that you can use an ultrasound gel with a nice serum under it. But only if it's a gel without potentially harmful ingredients.
I think Kassy posted a recipe for a DIY one.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I have not purchased one device yet because I am not sure if the serum must be ionized.

If so, the serum must be expensive and I cannot DIY it.

I know that we can use ultrasound mode to help penetration but believe that ultrasound + galvanic must be better than ultrasound alone.

If the serum must be ionized, then I will use 0.25 mm needle to help penetration.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I thought this was an interesting question from the Rankines Remedies website.

"Do your galvanic gels/serums have a positive and negative charge?"

There is a big misconception that galvanic gels or serums from either Rankine’s Remedies or from any other company, such as Nu Skin, have a negative or positive ‘charge’ added to them when they are manufactured. In reality the negative or positive galvanic charge delivered to the skin during a treatment is actually coming from the galvanic device itself, not from the topical gel or serum.

As a matter of chemistry, you cannot 'charge' a solution (such as a gel or serum) as either positive or negative. Chemically, the gel or serum must be neutral so that as soon as you pass a current through it (from a microcurrent device such as the Nu Skin Galvanic Spa or the Bio-Therapeutic BT-Micro) there will be a polarity across it.

If you read Nu Skin's Frequently Asked Questions in regards to the gels there is absolutely no mention of the actual gels being 'charged'; what it does say is that the galvanic instrument creates the negative and positive chages.

Galvanic gels or serums do not have a negative or positive charge. They are not ‘zapped’ in the manufacturing process.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Thank you packratmack.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Exactly packmackrat ! I tried to convey this earlier in the thread (DH told me the same) but you did it much better! Smile Smile
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if the galvanic and ultrasound features can be used at the same time with the fyola/merbe/RK or are they used separately? I have been looking at the Prolight Aesthetics galvanic/ultrasound device which is 1 MHz but the galvanic and ultrasound settings will not operate together. TIA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the galvanic and ultrasound features can be used at the same time with the fyola/merbe/RK or are they used separately? I have been looking at the Prolight Aesthetics galvanic/ultrasound device which is 1 MHz but the galvanic and ultrasound settings will not operate together. TIA.

Yes, for Sq/Merbe/Fyola, and I think yes for RK.

You want to have both run at the same time for the best penetration....see the links I posted above for the differences in penetration rate.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:37 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
doodles wrote:

Yes, for Sq/Merbe/Fyola, and I think yes for RK.

You want to have both run at the same time for the best penetration....see the links I posted above for the differences in penetration rate.

Thanks Bethany!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
OK - I used galvanic years ago with just plain water and it worked!!! Noticeably!

I also now use an expensive LED with just serum - no gel - works great!

I personally think the gels are there to keep the device running smoothly across the face. And yes, for me, I will choose ingredients that are known to be non-toxic. I mean really - we have a choice. I'm getting the Le Mieux gel this week - will report!

I posted the settings for the Rex Kara - YES, they are all used together at the same time. And you have choices over which one!

Bethany - did you say 2 seconds per area for penetration?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Some people are doing 20 minutes - for face and neck. Others 15.

Others shorter!

OK I think I'll just do 10 minutes for both face and neck a day. How does that sound?

I also think it's odd to say - you can only do 5 minutes per mode for face and neck daily BUT you can do more than one mode? So if there are 3 modes you're doing 15 minutes, if there are 5 modes you're doing 25 minutes and in all those modes there is the US.

SO . . . however you dice it that's 15-25 minutes with US. That seems too long!

Is this making any sense? Wink

BTW - just to toss this in here - they are seriously now starting to question the safety of ultrasound for fetal monitoring! They are thinking this might be the cause of so much austism. US, they think, does not pass through bone. So on the face, it stays at the skin level. On the stomach, it is passing all the way through. The thought is that the sound is too much for a fetus to take. It's just now being questioned - I don't think they have an answer yet! But interesting. I'm no fan of using or taking the "medical" establishments recommendations on pills or gels. Ever.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
All I know is, my babies HATED the ultrasound. It made them very agitated and they both tried to turn their back to it every time. I am convinced they really do feel something going on.

Ultrasound for the face/body is not, I think, something to be taken too lightly. In the deeper layers there will be heat building up, and heat can damage.
The cheapo one I ordered (it came, did not work, lots of e-mails going back and forth, now waiting for a replacement) has in it;s users manual not to use it for more than 10 minutes a day,three times a week.
That sounds like good advice. Less may be more.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I had dinner tonight with a friend I hadn't seen for a few months.

When she saw me she exclaimed - "You look fabulous!" A little quizzical about what was different -

I'm really starting to see some good improvements! Comparing before and afters - it's been a week. Will be great to check after week 2!

Could it be the RK??? Will know soon!

Also read that it is very typical for the baby to turn away from the ultrasound. Sometimes I wonder about why we just take things for granted that should really be studied further?! Agree with you LBS - I think less is more with this!
JLSqoom

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been using sqoom for three nights now but on S for sensitive skin (without ion, I believe) with result right after, but not much in the morning. Anyone with sensitive skin use the regular massage mode (M) get good result without irritation?
Also, how effective is sqoom on puffy under eyes?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:46 am      Reply with quote
JLSqoom wrote:
I've been using sqoom for three nights now but on S for sensitive skin (without ion, I believe) with result right after, but not much in the morning. Anyone with sensitive skin use the regular massage mode (M) get good result without irritation?
Also, how effective is sqoom on puffy under eyes?

I answered your identical question on the Sqoom thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I thought this was an interesting question from the Rankines Remedies website.

"Do your galvanic gels/serums have a positive and negative charge?"

There is a big misconception that galvanic gels or serums from either Rankine’s Remedies or from any other company, such as Nu Skin, have a negative or positive ‘charge’ added to them when they are manufactured. In reality the negative or positive galvanic charge delivered to the skin during a treatment is actually coming from the galvanic device itself, not from the topical gel or serum.

As a matter of chemistry, you cannot 'charge' a solution (such as a gel or serum) as either positive or negative. Chemically, the gel or serum must be neutral so that as soon as you pass a current through it (from a microcurrent device such as the Nu Skin Galvanic Spa or the Bio-Therapeutic BT-Micro) there will be a polarity across it.

If you read Nu Skin's Frequently Asked Questions in regards to the gels there is absolutely no mention of the actual gels being 'charged'; what it does say is that the galvanic instrument creates the negative and positive chages.

Galvanic gels or serums do not have a negative or positive charge. They are not ‘zapped’ in the manufacturing process.

This is all very interesting - thanks for posting. But I'm still confused as to why gels are being marketed as ionized if they're not. A quick Googling of "ionized gels" brought up this:

Quote:
The swelling response of a mesoscopic gel is strongly dependent on the ionization degree of the gel. In particular, a maximum in the size–salt concentration curve appears for a partially ionized gel, when the salt concentration equals the network charge concentration.
http://jcp.aip.org/resource/1/jcpsa6/v115/i16/p7644_s1?isAuthorized=no

The above is from a scientific article - and they appear to be discussing the effect of salt on ionized gels.

Here's another one discussing ionized N‐isopropylacrylamide gels (whatever they are).
http://jcp.aip.org/resource/1/jcpsa6/v87/i2/p1392_s1?isAuthorized=no

So if gels cannot be ionized, why are they discussing ionized and partially ionized gels? I'm confused!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |