Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
On the Rex Kara it looks like it does ultrasound, galvanic and led all at once. Does that mean it pulls impurities and pushes serum simultaneously? I'm confused on how that would work.

See the first FAQ here: http://www.rexkara.de/index.php/en/questions-and-answers
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Shastagirl, it is the galvanic function that is helpful for cleansing the skin. On positive ionization it soften the outer layer of dead skin cells and sebum, and help lift impurities etc. If you want to deep cleanse (which is often recommended before doing the ultrasound treatment), you would do it first, usually with ultrasound on as well because it just increases the action of the galvanic, and then you remove the cleansing product or gel and proceed with the next phase of the treatment which would use negative ionization with ultrasound. Negative galvanic helps increase penetration of products (the opposite of positive charge which lifts and draws). There are usually programs that also do both at the same time for the massage effect on the cells. On the sqoom this would be on the 'massage' and 'lifting' modes from what I remember.

On the Rex Kara, they have added infra red (which I think would feel wonderful and warming), for the tissue warming effects for increased blood circulation, as well as the skin benefits it is thought to have.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
On the Rex Kara it looks like it does ultrasound, galvanic and led all at once. Does that mean it pulls impurities and pushes serum simultaneously? I'm confused on how that would work.

See the first FAQ here: http://www.rexkara.de/index.php/en/questions-and-answers

Program 1 is a cleansing program, then followed by program 2 and/or others.

Look at page 23 of the user manual (ETA: or even better, starting from page 9):

http://www.rexkara.de/images/rex-kara/brochures/pdfs/brochure_32-page_english.pdf

I can confirm that "galvanic cleansing" is great. I own a small galvanic device (without ultrasound) and the cleansing program really leaves my skin very soft and smooth. I think it also helps with zits - they clear up more rapidly.
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:59 am      Reply with quote
OK - So we don't have a real consensus yet on the gel? Do we think we can make our own?

I'm not comfortable with the Rex Kara gel - will go look at the Sqoom gel.

Does anyone know a USA distributor? Or where to get the new Sqoom formulation?

What an adventure - I'm taking "before" photos now. It'll be here in 3 days.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
I'm not comfortable with the Rex Kara gel - will go look at the Sqoom gel.

Does anyone know a USA distributor? Or where to get the new Sqoom formulation?

There are no US distributors....trust me, I checked everywhere.

Some purchase options but be forewarned that Sqoom gels are pricey. I purchased 4 and it cost me $464. Shock

http://www.sqoom.de/onlineshop/en/home/

http://drserene.com/shop/shop.php

http://www.seacloud.com/print/en/boutique/wellness.html

If you have been following the Sqoom thread, one of our top concerns is the price of the gel. The key is the LMW HA, so you could try making your own gel as Lotusether is doing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Not yet - waiting for my thingy to arrive and my HA!
I hate waiting!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Very Happy Not yet - waiting for my thingy to arrive and my HA!
I hate waiting!

Ditto!!! Where did you order your HA...Lotioncrafter?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
No, I followed Fawnie's link to SEA, curious how their customer service etc. is.
I have looked into Lotioncrafter but I think their transport costs are considerably higher than Bulkactives or SEA, and my guess is they all get their stuff from the same (Chinese) supplier.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
No, I followed Fawnie's link to SEA, curious how their customer service etc. is.
I have looked into Lotioncrafter but I think their transport costs are considerably higher than Bulkactives or SEA, and my guess is they all get their stuff from the same (Chinese) supplier.

Great...I will check them out as well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
SEA HA is the super low weight HA. Her regular HA is a higher weight then most.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
SEA HA is the super low weight HA. Her regular HA is a higher weight then most.

Hmmm...so more like ULMA at Lotioncrafter?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
From SkinActives website.

Quote:
Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid is NOT hyaluronic acid. The properties of hyaluronic acid depend on its molecular weight. In fact, if you make a solution of hyaluronic acid without the addition of preservative, it will be initially very viscous but after a few days it will be a liquid, not a gel. Why? Because microrganisms degrade hyaluronic acid into smaller pieces (low molecular weight) and those fragments do not form a gel and will not prevent water loss from the skin. Moreover, fragments of hyaluronic acid have been shown to promote inflammation.
http://www.skinactives.com/Hyaluronic-Acid.html

What does everyone make of this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
From SkinActives website.

Quote:
Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid is NOT hyaluronic acid. The properties of hyaluronic acid depend on its molecular weight. In fact, if you make a solution of hyaluronic acid without the addition of preservative, it will be initially very viscous but after a few days it will be a liquid, not a gel. Why? Because microrganisms degrade hyaluronic acid into smaller pieces (low molecular weight) and those fragments do not form a gel and will not prevent water loss from the skin. Moreover, fragments of hyaluronic acid have been shown to promote inflammation.
http://www.skinactives.com/Hyaluronic-Acid.html

What does everyone make of this?

Thanks for bringing this up. Though, I do believe it just confuses the situation more. (Oh, what to do...)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have a US device yet (though I am keenly following all the various threads in the hopes of getting one yet).

What do you guys think of this for using with your US's?It has GHK (which I love), HA and some other goodies in it
(though it seems a bit pricey)

Quote:
INGREDIENTS

Purified Water, Aloe Extract, GHK-Cu Copper Tripeptide, Licorice, Collagen, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Beta-Glucan, NASHA (non-animal stabilized hylauronic acid, Leuconostoc/Radish Root (natural preservative).

http://ncnskincare.com/copper-peptide-tripeptide-c-1/ghk-cu-copper-peptide-formula-ii-2-5-oz-p-185

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if the Sea Kelp Bioferment is a good option.

I have never used it...can anyone tell me about the texture?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Texture is perfect for ultrasound gel. It is a perfectly clear gel similar in consisitency to aloe gel. I was actually using this over serums for perfect gel slip as I prefer it to aloe generally - although a mix of the two would also work. At the time I was still working out what was causing my dermatitis and ugly reactions and stopped anything except hyaluronic which was fine and a couple of home made serums. I haven't taken it back up yet for fear of it. The only reason I thought I was fine with panthenol again was because I used it a few times without incident and assumed that after working on barrier repair I no longer had a problem, which was obviously wrong. I think SKB is the perfect gel consistency for ultrasound, and seems to have a lot of the natural polysaccharides that seem to be good for skin hydration etc. it does need to be sprayed down thoughout though, but that seems to be normal with the natural gels, and is one of those that actually does need a rinse after as too much left on the skin will dry in a tight mask (which is cool if you want to firm up, but not pleasant for an all day/night thing). Leaving some on the skin is good, and mixing with glycerine which gives more slip and won't dry into a film would be a big help. I actually think glycerine is a great addition to the ultrasound gels. You can work out your own level of comfort with the slip vs the gel by trial and error, especially as it is super cheap.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
Texture is perfect for ultrasound gel. It is a perfectly clear gel similar in consisitency to aloe gel. I was actually using this over serums for perfect gel slip as I prefer it to aloe generally - although a mix of the two would also work. At the time I was still working out what was causing my dermatitis and ugly reactions and stopped anything except hyaluronic which was fine and a couple of home made serums. I haven't taken it back up yet for fear of it. The only reason I thought I was fine with panthenol again was because I used it a few times without incident and assumed that after working on barrier repair I no longer had a problem, which was obviously wrong. I think SKB is the perfect gel consistency for ultrasound, and seems to have a lot of the natural polysaccharides that seem to be good for skin hydration etc. it does need to be sprayed down thoughout though, but that seems to be normal with the natural gels, and is one of those that actually does need a rinse after as too much left on the skin will dry in a tight mask (which is cool if you want to firm up, but not pleasant for an all day/night thing). Leaving some on the skin is good, and mixing with glycerine which gives more slip and won't dry into a film would be a big help. I actually think glycerine is a great addition to the ultrasound gels. You can work out your own level of comfort with the slip vs the gel by trial and error, especially as it is super cheap.

Great advice...thanks!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
I think SKB is the perfect gel consistency for ultrasound, and seems to have a lot of the natural polysaccharides that seem to be good for skin hydration etc.

though rarely listed, SKB contains preservatives, most often phenoxyethanol.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am wondering if the Sea Kelp Bioferment is a good option.

I have never used it...can anyone tell me about the texture?

I am mixing some of the new SA sea kelp coral in some of my potions I'm using with the Merbe. Seems to work ok. Still working on different recipes to see which one I like the best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Idealist wrote:
I think SKB is the perfect gel consistency for ultrasound, and seems to have a lot of the natural polysaccharides that seem to be good for skin hydration etc.

Sigh...thanks for mentioning this. I am beginning to think the perfect solution does not exist!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
daler wrote:
Idealist wrote:

Sigh...thanks for mentioning this. I am beginning to think the perfect solution does not exist!

u r welcome.. thanks to the internet we consumers have too much information, whether right or wrong.. now spoom gels contain aloe vera and I stopped using aloe on a consistent basis( I used it for 2 months everyday twice a day in my DIY) after I read on eds that it causes glycation... I wanted to buy the basic sqoom gel and try it without an US device, but I decided not to after kassy mentioned the sqoom ingredients with aloe as one of the top ones. Confused

Hannah at SA also uses aloe in few of her products so it might not be that bad ( if at all), but I just like to be on the cautious side.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi JaeBlue,
I hope you see this! Could you possibly ask the US distributor of the RK if she knows if there is a Canadian distributor? I have searched and I have found one site only and they are selling it in Canada for almost $500 Shock Thanks, Doodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

u r welcome.. thanks to the internet we consumers have too much information, whether right or wrong.. now spoom gels contain aloe vera and I stopped using aloe on a consistent basis( I used it for 2 months everyday twice a day in my DIY) after I read on eds that it causes glycation... I wanted to buy the basic sqoom gel and try it without an US device, but I decided not to after kassy mentioned the sqoom ingredients with aloe as one of the top ones. Confused

Hannah at SA also uses aloe in few of her products so it might not be that bad ( if at all), but I just like to be on the cautious side.

We DO get bombarded with too much information! And it doesn't matter what we're discussing, some study will pop up somewhere and tell you that it will kill you. I've been using Aloe Vera for all my life, and I'm not going to stop now.

I read all the data - but generally just disregard it all and go with my gut!!

Oh, and I'm also disregarding all the LMW Hyaluronic business!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just got the Rex-Kara II - will post info here on it!
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
daler wrote:

We DO get bombarded with too much information! And it doesn't matter what we're discussing, some study will pop up somewhere and tell you that it will kill you. I've been using Aloe Vera for all my life, and I'm not going to stop now.

I read all the data - but generally just disregard it all and go with my gut!!

Oh, and I'm also disregarding all the LMW Hyaluronic business!

Hear hear. Also regarding everything getting into a blood supply, the exact opposite has always been the problem with skin care. It is so difficult for most anything to pass through the oil/water barrier in our skin, that most skin treatments are essentially useless for what they are designed for. They sit atop our epidermis with the dead skin cells, never reaching where they are supposed to. This is the whole premise behind dermarolling for product penetration, and now ultrasound, which is a far more pleasant and I believe effective way of doing the same thing. As ultrasound/galvanic is so effective at cavitation, which effectively creates little tunnels through the impenetrable barrier in the skin, we can finally get our actives where we need them, in the dermis, where skin cells are actually made, and where the antioxidants and other ingredients may be of use other than just overpriced emollients.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |