Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lol Jaeblue semantics. I meant skin care. Also known as cosmetic preparations in some places.

I am a trained aromatherapist and aesthetician. I understand about the skin barrier and penetration. Essential oils are not what our skin care is made up of. I re-iterate that it is not so easy to get the kind of actives we want to use to the place they will be effective. If need be I will spend time digging up articles on the science involved with trying to get basic substances to penetrate beyond the epidermis. The reason we have utilized ionization and now ultrasound is specifically to enhance penetration - which is well known to be quite poor for most substances. Just because essential oils are absorbed, it does not mean that peptides, antioxidants, and vitamins always get to the level we would like, or certainly even that our ultrasounds will force them further than we would like. Hopefully they will help with penetration to get the kind of results they are shown to have in tests. I think if we were looking at systemic issues, there would be some problems by now. I think its always really difficult when non-scientists start trying to understand anatomy and scientific principles without putting the time in to read up on what is involved.

I am not saying it is impossible to push harmful chemicals into the body. I would use a serum and gel that had a few natural ingredients. But I am not going to get unnecessarily worried about how strong I think this device is. It may enhance penetration, but it will sonicate large molecules into smaller ones and force them into your bloodstream. Hopefully instead of sitting upon your epidermis, some of what we use gets to the dermis. This would be particularly great in the case of melasma and pigmentation issues, especially if we could cut down on having to use harsh treatments.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
There's a difference between penetration and absorption - this article helps to explains it:
http://personalcaretruth.com/2011/01/the-impermeable-facts-of-skin-penetration-and-absorption/

More information which refutes the scare-mongering:
http://thebeautybrains.com/2013/04/30/do-cosmetic-ingredients-really-absorb-into-the-blood-stream-in-26-seconds/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Once again - just do what makes you comfortable! As we all will!

For me - less chemicals always better! Not worried if there are a few, but always buy the less.

OK - by evening cords are still 95% gone. Wowza!

Even if it only does that, I'll keep it. So far - very happy with this and I'm using just a miniscule amount of face serum with it.

Will update as I go - Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
In order for Ultrasound to actually help those actives to penetrate the epidermis, said actives must be ionized.

1.) If you aren't using a ready made product/gel that (hopefully) has the ionization aspect covered, then what is your plan?

2.) Sodium should be a given in these water based gels, but I don't think most people are getting that. (There are plenty of ingredients available, including ionized table salt in a pinch.)

3.) Any product with oil or silicone in it will disperse the sound waves, and NOT allow the actives to pass through. These things flatten the SC, and cause a barrier over the hair follicles and pores, so the charged particles/molecules won't be able to penetrate through that.

4.) Your active of choice must be ionized into (+) & (-) ions, what is your plan for that?

5.) Did you know that "pulsed" wave is better for product penetration than "continuous?" And that the pH is of utmost importance for active you want to penetrate?

6.) Be extremely sure the actives you choose are not only compatible, but very well preserved. (Wouldn't want to push mold and critters way down into that lovely skin.)

Anyhoo, just a few thoughts I wanted to share, to keep you guys from wasting your time (or worse.)

As for me, I'll stick to my trusty little dermaroller for product penetration I think.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - you raise a very good point about the ionisation and I remember that it has been discussed on other threads about ultrasound.

When I was using my UP5 I was using SBC ionised gels which I bought on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SBC-Collagen-facial-and-body-moisturiser-gel-AND-soothing-lavender-gel-/290972329220

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Once again - just do what makes you comfortable!

As we all will!!

For me - less chemicals always better!

I'm not going to argue with that! But if you believe that what goes on the skin ends up in the blood stream - I think that would be equally problematic for natural products as well. Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean that it should be swimming around in our bloodstream. After all arsenic is a natural substance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
In order for Ultrasound to actually help those actives to penetrate the epidermis, said actives must be ionized.

Kassy, I am not sure 100% sure that is true in all cases. The Sqoom/Fyola/Merbe have an ionization chip that requires you to touch both contact points in order to generate ions. But not all devices have that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

5.) Did you know that "pulsed" wave is better for product penetration than "continuous?" And that the pH is of utmost importance for active you want to penetrate?
Wink

I love dermarolling, have seen great skin improvement with that!

Interesting you should say that about "pulsed" today I put a drop of water on the head of this unit, as they tell you to do to see if it is working, I could see the pulse. I wondered about that - ?!

My neck cords are still 95% gone. Don't know what to make about that - I'm using barely any skin product with it. But it's pretty darn cool!

Keliu - not going down this path. I could post 200 internet sites to dispute, what a waste of time. I just don't believe that some transdermal creams can go into your blood stream, I know it. I eat a really healthy, mainly organic, all plant diet, I avoid synthetic chemicals in my life - am aware that not all natural substances are healthy, obviously. Nor are all synthetic bad. That's what education is for. You can do whatever you want with your body - with mine it's slow, easy and careful. I study very carefully before I do anything to my body that is new or "cutting edge". That approach in mid-50's has stood me incredibly well. In every area of my life!

No need to argue - everyone follow your own gut!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy, I am not sure 100% sure that is true in all cases. The Sqoom/Fyola/Merbe have an ionization chip that requires you to touch both contact points in order to generate ions. But not all devices have that.

Bethany, the RK requires that you touch a piece of metal in the back of it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Bethany,the RK requires that you touch a piece of metal in the back of it.

Makes sense! And I am glad you are seeing great results so soon!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
How is yours doing? Can we compare notes?

I have 26 days to make a decision and switch - would love to see what results you're getting, too.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
How is yours doing? Can we compare notes?

I have 26 days to make a decision and switch - would love to see what results you're getting, too.

Of course! FYI that my Sqoom gels will arrive by Wed, and I am going to try and assess any differences between using the Merbe with regular HA vs the Sqoom gels. I'll also go back and see when I started using the Merbe for comparison's sake.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:56 am      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Chiqui 65 - Not sure I understand your question but re the sunscreens I have tried - prior to the European (Mexoryl based) I had used some US based but never had the chemical taste before. (I was also pretty slack on using sunscreen & was more into sun avoidance - much easier when you work from home.)

I have since just been using Zinc based & have never had this happen! Very Happy

Thanks, now I understand what you mean by "European" Very Happy (they are not ALL Mexoryl-based).

Zinc and Titanium dioxide are better for sure!
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:00 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Someone posted a link to a German co making serums for ultrasound. Been emailing them, the man is a wiz!

Can you please give me the link?

Thanks in advance. Smile
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi JaeBlue - Great news about your neck! I could use more help here also. The Pico has helped a lot on my face but my neck is still not where I would like it to be. Also use US (2 & 3mhz) but this has not rid me of the cords.

I am curious as to which setting/s you are using? In looking at there manual the Rex Aura does not seem to have a setting for combo US/ Galvanic + and - ions. I know the old Fyola (the new one does not allow combining of U/galv/or infrared), Merbe & Sqoom all have this & wonder if this is key or not for lifting as it does not seem to be in your case. If anyone else using that setting/s on one of the aforementioned devices would care to comment would love to hear.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote
FYI that I received my Burnout Skin Fix gel today. I'll try it out tonight with the Merbe.

Also, my Sqoom gels (Med-RO and HyaGel) should be here by next Wednesday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:

Hi JaeBlue, I purchased a Rex Kara II from newegg. Thanks for the heads up on the discount. The promo code for $100.00 off is good till the end of September now. I don't know if you noticed but, the website says returns may be subject to a 15% restock fee.

I used mine for the first time today. I was wondering why the lights go on and off when using the infrared during the treatment.

Also, I know you are supposed to touch the ion plate during modes 1 and 2. But, does it matter if you touch it during the other modes? It would be kind of hard not to.

Thanks
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
FYI that I received my Burnout Skin Fix gel today. I'll try it out tonight with the Merbe.

Also, my Sqoom gels (Med-RO and HyaGel) should be here by next Wednesday.

Hi bethany, Can't wait to hear what you think of the HyaGel. I'm considering the cleanser too. Did you order from the Dr.Serene website? Can you tell me what kind of cleanser you use with your Merbe. Thank you.
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:

I am curious as to which setting/s you are using? In looking at there manual the Rex Aura does not seem to have a setting for combo US/ Galvanic + and - ions. I know the old Fyola (the new one does not allow combining of U/galv/or infrared), Merbe & Sqoom all have this & wonder if this is key or not for lifting as it does not seem to be in your case. If anyone else using that setting/s on one of the aforementioned devices would care to comment would love to hear.

It has a setting with Ultrasound, Galvanic and LED. #2. That's the setting I'm using.

Is that different from Fyola?

I just purchased an all natural ultrasound gel today too! One day at a time, figuring this out!

OH BTW this is JaeBlue - this is the name I need to post under. JaeBlue is connected to an email address that I don't use and soon can't use! Thx
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi JaeBlue, I purchased a Rex Kara II from newegg. Thanks for the heads up on the discount. The promo code for $100.00 off is good till the end of September now. I don't know if you noticed but, the website says returns may be subject to a 15% restock fee.

I used mine for the first time today. I was wondering why the lights go on and off when using the infrared during the treatment.

Also, I know you are supposed to touch the ion plate during modes 1 and 2. But, does it matter if you touch it during the other modes? It would be kind of hard not to.

Thanks

Yes, I saw the restocking fee. I figured with the $160 discount it was still worth the gamble.

I don't know why they go on and off? But I'll ask and send the woman at the company over to this thread. Perhaps they pulse along with the Ultrasound? I have a very high end LED device so I don't use mine for that feature. But I will say, that one pulses, too, but much faster.

I think that you have to touch the back only on modes 1 & 2 because those are the only ones that are Galvonic. It's the electrical current of this. I don't think it matters if you touch it in the others and yes, impossible not to.
http://www.skinrejuvenex.com/product-reviews/galvanic-device-its-benefits/

Boy - this all sounds kind of Frankenstein-ish! But I will say years ago I was given a FaceMaster and it was really effective - but too much hassle. I do think Galvonic works and this unit seems strong to me as I said, I can feel it in my teeth like I did with the FM.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rapunzell/JaeBlue, I thought I thanked the wrong person for posting the newegg discount. I was just about to apologize. Thanks again for letting us know about it. I appreciate you asking about the lights for me.
I feel it in my teeth too. The same with microcurrent. Quite an unpleasant feeling. Looking forward to sharing and hearing everyone's results. Take care.
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:55 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Rapunzell/JaeBlue, I thought I thanked the wrong person for posting the newegg discount. I was just about to apologize. Thanks again for letting us know about it. I appreciate you asking about the lights for me.
I feel it in my teeth too. The same with microcurrent. Quite an unpleasant feeling. Looking forward to sharing and hearing everyone's results. Take care.

I sent her the question and the link to this page!

What product are you using with it?

I'm a little confused - I saw a Youtube video where she first used the ultrasound gel and did the full treatment, then next used an anti-aging serum and just used the ultrasound and went over her face again . . . ???!!

This makes sense to me - but maybe not to those who know more.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Is it possible to DIY ionized gels or is it very complicated? Question
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:59 am      Reply with quote
What about this one - jellen organic ultrasound gel -

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Juice), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Hamamellis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Phenoxyethanol, Dimethlaminoethanol (DMAE Bitartrate), Carbomer, TEA (Triethanolamine), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

Would anybody who knows about this stuff give their thoughts on this please?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:09 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
What about this one - jellen organic ultrasound gel -

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Juice), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Hamamellis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Phenoxyethanol, Dimethlaminoethanol (DMAE Bitartrate), Carbomer, TEA (Triethanolamine), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

Would anybody who knows about this stuff give their thoughts on this please?

I may buy this one myself if I don't like the Burnout Skin Fix.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |