Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, RK told me that these type of physical masks work great with these devices.

Good sleuth work, you!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting from the Sqoom thread.

I don't know if these have been posted but they
are the specs for the Sqoom. I think someone was interested in them.

Ultrasound Frequency 1MHz

Intensity levels from 0,1 W/cm2 to 0,5 W/cm2

Ionisation 1 Hz/150 usec pulse range

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I find it very interesting that the Lotts page attributes the "Ionzyme" dual function (galvanic and ultrasound used together) to Dr Fernandes.

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty01_1.html

Then on the 2nd page it uses language I am pretty sure came directly from Environ.

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty01_2.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:29 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that I recently emailed Lotts who makes the Sqoom, Merbe, and the Fyola in hopes of getting more details on the spec differences. Unfortunately I have not yet heard back from them yet.

Hi bethany,

Any words from Lotts?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:20 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that I recently emailed Lotts who makes the Sqoom, Merbe, and the Fyola in hopes of getting more details on the spec differences. Unfortunately I have not yet heard back from them yet.

Hi bethany,

Any words from Lotts?

Unfortunately not! But I found a different email address on the website above, and sent a 2nd email last night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/image/beauty/new/2005Reformed%20Rechargeable%20Iontophoretic%20Device.pdf

Wow, the nasolabial folds before & after pictures on page 9 are impressive!Shock

Thanks for posting the link, this is very encouraging!
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
The US device in this article has a power of 1.5 W/cm2, I wonder how is that compared to the devices you guys are using. Sqooms seems to be at max 0.5 W/cm2, way below the one from the article.
Nora

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Maybe that's for safety reasons:

"As to beautification, the action strength must be much lesser, for not over-stimulating the tissues. On the face, the output is 0.5W/ cm2, to muscles, 1~2W/ cm2. That is why almost all beauty devices limit the highest output".

Source:

http://www.skylarkdevice.com/ultrasonictherapy.html
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
......but I included some others below because they had more technical details (though they pertain to the Beauly - the Fyola precursor).

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/image/beauty/new/2005Reformed%20Rechargeable%20Iontophoretic%20Device.pdf

light123 wrote:
The US device in this article has a power of 1.5 W/cm2, I wonder how is that compared to the devices you guys are using. Sqooms seems to be at max 0.5 W/cm2, way below the one from the article.
Nora

Does it mean that Beauly Si-New outperforms Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola?
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Can't say, but the pictures in the article from Bethany's link are a result of more powerful US/iontophoresis device, those results should not be extended to be valid to all other 1 MHz US with ionization. When comparing, it should be apple to apple, here it looks more like apples to watermelons Wink

This is fascinating!
Nora

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:08 am      Reply with quote
On page 6 of the above mentioned pdf, it says that

"......Therefore, Fyola is supposed to be reformed with consideration of those strengths from Beauly Si and Beauly 2......"

Can anyone elaborate it?

Here is the website of Beauly.

http://www.beauly.co.jp/

The latest Beauly Si-New
http://www.beauly.co.jp/beauly02_3.html

One the bottom of the home page of Beauly; it lists all 4 generations of Beauly.

The latest one was launched in 2006.

Beauly Si (Japanese version of Sqoom/Fyola/Merbe) was developed in 2004.

I am learning everyday!!!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:09 am      Reply with quote
light123 wrote:
Can't say, but the pictures in the article from Bethany's link are a result of more powerful US/iontophoresis device, those results should not be extended to be valid to all other 1 MHz US with ionization. When comparing, it should be apple to apple, here it looks more like apples to watermelons Wink

This is fascinating!
Nora

I wanted to ask if the power of Beauly-Si was 1.5 W/cm2.
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote
It is in the article, page 3, left column on the bottom.
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
FYI that I have a Sqoom presentation that says:

Quote:
Physiological effects of our SQOOM Concept devices:

Low frequency ultrasound waves (0.6MHz-2MHz) increase the intercellular space

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Those differences in the results of the Before and After photos are so minor. Really?? The most impressive photos I've seen have been right here with Karenlee!

BTW found a great water-based gel (while waiting for Le Mieux)! Works like a charm, doesn't dry out and easy to get. It's also used for other things . . . and then again if it's good for that, it's good for the face! Cool Inexpensive, natural ingredients.

PJUR

http://www.amazon.com/Pjur-Med-Repair-Glide-3-4-ounce/dp/B004A6SVTM

Did the new routine today. One pass with gel on #2. The second pass with just good, anti-aging serum and a water spritz on #4. Still experimenting. We'll see!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Those differences in the results of the Before and After photos are so minor. Really?? The most impressive photos I've seen have been right here with Karenlee!

But Karen is using the Sqoom gels, and those tests did not.

I do think the NL lines showed major improvement, plus the pigmentation on the temple, and the eye bags were good. But the rest of the skin squares....not so much. But it was only 23 days I think.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Note the lighting on that photo. Lighting is everything! But you're right - there is a difference on that one! The other photos are so minimal.

True about Karenlee!

I'm showing great improvement on my neck so far! Stay tuned.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to try making a sprayable ultrasound "gel". Used liquid measure rather than a scale.

1 TB Sea Emollient (similar to SKB, but a little thinner consistency)
1 TB pre-mixed 1% HA serum
1/2 tsp glycerin
1/4 tsp Helichrysum extract (green tea extract could be used as an alternative or distilled water)

Makes about one ounce.

I was looking for something that I could easily spray on over a serum. I did a trial run with this spray on my hands. Worked pretty well. One spray lasted almost the 4 minute cycle. I'll try it on my face this evening.

The consistency is thicker than water, but not quite a gel. It has some body to it. My concern is that it may clog in the sprayer, or not disburse well when sprayed. We'll see.

You could substitute aloe gel for the sea emollient. My HA mix has some peptides in it also and I add a preservative.

I'm not a big fan of glycerin, but this amount was ok on the hands. Not too sticky. Might be able to increase it and get a little more slip.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
BTW - personally I think the LED light on this is the least effective part.

I have the Quasar MD, it's a $700+ LED. It takes a half an hour of holding the light flush against the skin for it to work and it's strong. It takes about 4-6 months of use for the those results to last for a length of time.

So I don't think we can expect much from the LED in these, too short of time, not strong and not held directly on the skin. BUT probably won't hurt either!

But I have to add - I'm starting to get excited about this. I am seeing improvement. In photos, too. After less than a week. BUT - want to wait a few weeks before recommending! Let's see what happens then!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:

Did the new routine today. One pass with gel on #2. The second pass with just good, anti-aging serum and a water spritz on #4. Still experimenting. We'll see!

Hi JaeBlue, Why aren't you using Mode 2 for penetrating your serum since that is considered the infusion mode which uses the ultrasound, galvanic (-), and infrared according to the RK manual. Mode 4 only uses ultrasound, which is used for lifting. New at this and would like to be sure I am doing the right thing. Thanks.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Wow this thread is a hotbed of activity! Shock Shock

Thanks Cookie for the article - turns out I do have that - in the multitude of saved US pdf's! Rolling Eyes

And thanks to you Bethany as well for all the technical articles. I have plowed thru them but like you the last highly technical one went right over my head!

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/image/beauty/new/2005MORECULAR%20STRUCTURE.pdf

Gonna give it to DH to review, but he has been stuck under our Airstream virtually all day & just now closing up shop! Laughing Laughing (he is a man of many talents !) Was there something in particular you wanted to know regarding this study Bethany?

And in regards to this link : http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/image/beauty/new/2003Skin%20Clearing%20and%20Skin%20Protection.pdf

I believe the Beauly was only galvanic & the Beauly 2 was galvanic plus Infrared - but please correct me if I'm wrong! So this does not help with the ? of whether we need combo of US and galvanic + & - ions to get the best results. (after all Jae Blue is getting great results it sounds like & the RK does not have any of these functions)

However this one http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45731&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=200

is a bit more persuasive despite it's small sample size. (so perhaps those settings are not so "gimmicky" after all)

So devices that have it "all" are back on the table atm. I feel a purchase coming on very soon!
Bad Grin

Just a soon as I get the final go ahead from DH!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
JaeBlue wrote:

Hi JaeBlue, Why aren't you using Mode 2 for penetrating your serum since that is considered the infusion mode which uses the ultrasound, galvanic (-), and infrared according to the RK manual. Mode 4 only uses ultrasound, which is used for lifting. New at this and would like to be sure I am doing the right thing. Thanks.

I wondered the same thing. Mode 4 is going to be one of the least effective. You need galvanic AND ultrasound at the same time for the best penetration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Bethany, do they specify anywhere which form of Vit C they used? The results do look impressive, but I'm still unclear about whether LAA is a good choice for US devices.

I'll probably opt for MAP if I can't find anything about LAA.

What are your concerns about LAA? Aren't the vitamin C supplements we take orally LAA? Also, it is my understanding that if you take too much Vitamin C it just gets expelled in your urine.

Hi Keliu Smile

I love LAA in general, but my skin has been really sensitive in the past and it took a good year or so for it to settle down to where I can use products like LAA and retinol. Since it's an acid, I'm concerned that pushing LAA even deeper into the skin might be more than my skin can handle. I don't want to overdo it and sensitize my skin all over again.

I'll still be using it topically, along with some form of Vit A. I'd really love to use vit A with the US as well, but that's another thing I can't seem to find solid info about (i.e. what forms of A are being used during treatments). I'm sure it's available and I'm just missing it because there's so much to learn and my eyes are glazing over Embarassed

Bethany, thank you for finding/pointing out which type of C they used! Look like it's going to be MAP for me, and maybe at some point I'll experiment with a low concentration of LAA.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
JaeBlue wrote:

I already use a Quasar LED that is much more powerful. Right now I'm using that daily for 8 weeks, after that I might then continue with #2. I don't want to overdo with infrared light. I think the one on this device is pretty meaningless. I used galvanic in the past and I used it with just water, it worked great. And we know from research Ultrasound is good for product penetration.

As I've said, I'm experimenting. I'm thinking of using #1 and #4 but that will all shift as I go and keep reading. I may just stick with #1.

We'll see. That's the beauty of this!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the Beauly was only galvanic & the Beauly 2 was galvanic plus Infrared - but please correct me if I'm wrong! So this does not help with the ? of whether we need combo of US and galvanic + & - ions to get the best results. (after all Jae Blue is getting great results it sounds like & the RK does not have any of these functions)

Confused by this comment. RK has US + Galvnic + LED.

What is missing?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |