Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
OK, that's it for me! I can now confirm that the Rex Kara works! I can see it in photos but is it noticeable?

Had lunch today with a friend I've known for 30 years. Big-wig in the Fashion industry - SUPER critical, doesn't miss a trick. Going to lunch with her can be totally nerve wracking - put it this way she's the reason I got braces at 30 years old. Shock She finds any flaw or any change, brutally honest. I haven't seen her for 6 months.

She walked in took one look and said "What are you doing to this area? Filler?" She cupped her hand over her chin area! She said "You've always lacked volume there, you look great! Who are you going to?" WOWOW. Told her no doctor, zero filler - the Rex Kara. End of story - she's getting one.

Amazing - that is the exact area that I've been solely concentrating on. Marionette lines, jaw line (jowl), lips and chin. This works - blows me away!

And BTW their RK customer service is superb. Sold!
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Jaeblue, that is awesome! I bought the RK for those same issues. I got some great results with my upper face and cheeks with the Pico but am too impatient to not try something "in addition" on those marionette lines. They look better but are still there.

I have had the RK for a week now. This is what I do: use it on level 2 for 5 minutes with serum and HA for slip then add the Calming Gel and do level 3 for 5 minutes. But you are having such success with just level 2 that maybe I'll do that for the entire 10 minutes. (how long do you do it?) I need to experiment to see what works best for me.

For the ML lines, do you keep the device moving all the time? I'm not in bad shape but those ML lines are seriously unattractive! They've got to go!

Thanks for your advice and congrats on your results. It's very encouraging.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cora,

Here is what I think. I think Level #2 is the most powerful. I also think that the first go around should be using some kind of US gel - US gel is made not to be absorbed - that is why you get all that slip. I personally wouldn't waste adding HA to this first treatment.

I use the Calming Gel just to help the device slide and give my face and neck a 5 minute treatment on #2. Then I go back over trouble areas! I've been going back over the area under the chin and along jaw line. Then I go over the "fat pads" on each side of the marionette line. I'm still experimenting here, sometimes I use just Level #4 there because in the instructions it says that level works to lessen fatty pads. Right? I only do this extra spot treatment for a few minutes.

THEN I wash off the gel and apply really potent anti-aging serum, with a little more HA. It dries rather quickly so I use the Zia Toning Spritz to keep the head moving easily. This treatment lasts less than 5 minutes. I leave the serum on for the rest of the day, I'm not going to waste expensive serums by doing this first and needing to wash off.

The entire treatment takes about 10 minutes. What I want to figure out now is - the best ways to firm certain areas and then plump others - still not sure which modes work best for what. Now that I'm showing such improvement along the jaw, chin and neck, I'd like to plump the cheek area. I'm going to ask about this today!

I will probably go to every other day treatment in the near future. I would guess that what I'm seeing is muscle tightening as it takes months for collagen to actually build.

I really never expected to see these results so soon. But yesterday with Ms. Face Critic has completely convinced me this Rex Kara is truly working. Very, very cool!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:

I have had the RK for a week now. This is what I do: use it on level 2 for 5 minutes with serum and HA for slip then add the Calming Gel and do level 3 for 5 minutes.

Hi Cora, I follow the same protocol as you. I use whatever serum I want to penetrate on mode 2. Of course it is helpful if the serum has slip to it. If the serum starts drying then I add some sprays from a botanical mist. Then I apply the calming gel and use mode 3. I think you should stick to what you are doing.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Are you guys leaving the US gel on your face for the day or washing it all off - serum and all?

Personally, I want the anti-aging serum to stay on my skin for the day. I also think that the galavanic component might be the most powerful part of this device. I wouldn't pass up using it - #3 is only LED and US.

Just a thought -
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
I've been going back over the area under the chin and along jaw line. Then I go over the "fat pads" on each side of the marionette line. I'm still experimenting here, sometimes I use just Level #4 there because in the instructions it says that level works to lessen fatty pads. Right? I only do this extra spot treatment for a few minutes.

Even though the instructions say mode 4 is for the body, I don't think it is any different from the US on mode 3, except it doesn't use the LED function. I guess the LED is only useful for the face area because the skin is thinner there. I doubt that mode 4 will lessen fatty pads. JMO I would think the tightening of the skin might make the fatty pads look smaller, but doesn't get rid of them. If you find out differently, please let us know.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I doubt that mode 4 will lessen fatty pads. JMO I would think the tightening of the skin might make the fatty pads look smaller, but doesn't get rid of them. If you find out differently, please let us know.

Pack, I totally agree with you on this.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
The company is sending me more info this week.

I didn't say it would get rid of fat, I wrote - lessen it. Maybe that is done by firming. All I can tell you is that I'm using that along with #2 and having great success!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Are you guys leaving the US gel on your face for the day or washing it all off - serum and all?

I apply the gel right after I finish penetrating the serum. Then I use the US only mode. I don't wash my face after the treatment. I just dab off any excess gel. The O2 gel has such great ingredients, I think it is beneficial to leave it on. I can tell the bottle isn't going to last very long though. I already ordered another one.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
That's odd - I use it daily and have used only a small amount, less than 1/4 of the bottle. This will definitely last me a few months.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
That's odd - I use it daily and have used only a small amount, less than 1/4 of the bottle. This will definitely last me a few months.

The bottle is pretty small, so I'm surprised you're not almost halfway through it with daily use. How many weeks have you been using it? Maybe I need to start rationing it.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
3 weeks today!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone use Vitamin C serum with any of these devices?

I wonder if the LED light would weaken the vitamin C . . . ?
mariposa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Jae Blue,
Which anti aging gel are you using?

I've been following this discussion and have
been on the fence about getting a device.
I am using the Pico Toner which has given me
improvement in the upper face but not in the
jowl - chin area where there is sag.
Your raves are getting me off the fence. Now
I have to decide between the Merbe and the Rex
Kara, although what you way about return policy
will probably decide me on the RK.
Does Merbe have a return policy?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using a serum made by Quasar - their Anti-Aging serum.

I purchased the Rex Kara at Newegg.com. They had a special for $100 off.

I don't know about the Merbe, I would go to the Sqoom thread and ask the people there who have one!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
FYI - the Rex Kara I purchased is pink. It's the Rex Kara II. There is another one that is cheaper that is silver with no LED.

Just heard from the Vitamin C Serum company - they said it's great to use with LED and galvanic! YEA!

Will add this in addition to the anti-aging serum and report back.

Best of luck to everyone who's trying these devices! Hope to hear about your successes!
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:06 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Are you guys leaving the US gel on your face for the day or washing it all off -

If i do the treatment early in the day I just rinse it off and don't use cleanser. I assume that the vitamin c serum and HA gel that I use under the O2 US gel has been penetrated.

I also use CPs but have been a little unsure if I should be pushing those in. Any opinions about that?

If I do the treatment at night I use cleanser and wash it off and apply my night time serums.

Honestly I'm just winging it here. I mix my own simple HA serum so the cost is really low. I'm trying this on my thighs as well because my "over 55, sun lover, post menopausal" skin there looks horrible. I'm surprised my facial skin looks as good as it does. I feel real lucky about that.
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:11 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I can tell the bottle isn't going to last very long though. I already ordered another one.

Packratmack, did you get the 6 oz. bottle? I'm not using that much of it. At this rate it should last well over a month or maybe two. I apply it section by section as I'm working because it dries pretty fast if it's just sitting there. I also use a water spritzer if it does dry. Think I should be using more gel instead? Does it make a difference?
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:

Packratmack, did you get the 6 oz. bottle? I'm not using that much of it. At this rate it should last well over a month or maybe two. I apply it section by section as I'm working because it dries pretty fast if it's just sitting there. I also use a water spritzer if it does dry. Think I should be using more gel instead? Does it make a difference?

Hi Cora, My bottle is 6 oz. I don't know if it comes in a larger size. Applying it one section at a time is a good idea. It does dry pretty quickly. As long as the US head is gliding well, I don't think you need to add more gel. It's much more cost effective to use the spritzer.

JaeBlue, In the RK manual it suggests the use of Vitamin C on mode 2. What Vitamin C serum are you using? I use the one from NCN Skincare. I would also love to try using the RK over a sheet mask.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Keep in mind that part of the reason for using a HA gel with the galvanic/ultrasound tool is to drive the HA down the dermal level...this fills the gaps, eliminating wrinkles and creating plumpness. PQ referred to this as filling your HA tank.

You will use more gel at the beginning than down the road, and I have definitely seen that already with my cheeks. Unfortunately my forehead appears to be woefully deficient in HA (as evidenced by the lines I guess!) and it is still sucking up gel like no tomorrow.

Just something to keep in mind as you plan your attack with various topicals and gels. Smile
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
The RK rep said that sheet masks work great with the this device. I'm not even sure what that is???

I just bought this Vit C. Serum from Amazon with a ton of great reviews, it just arrived today. I'm very impressed that after I purchased, the owner of the company emailed me, with out my asking and sent directions and suggestions for using it. I then emailed about using it with the RK and they immediately replied. Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid

It comes with this > Our Guarantee To You
If within 30 days you're not 100% happy with your purchase of OZ Naturals Vitamin C + E Serum,
let us know and we'll refund your entire purchase price...no questions asked!

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Vitamin-Serum-Contains-Hyaluronic/dp/B00DPE9EQO/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1381457084&sr=1-1&keywords=vitamin+c+serum

I also use the Calming gel on one section at the time. Neck first. The left side of face, then right, then forehead. This way I use very little and rarely need to dampen it.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Once the 30 day mark passed I started to use the Rex Kara, every other day.

THIS THING WORKS!

I'm so surprised by the improvements. I use to have a little slack skin under my chin - completely gone. It's firm. My chin area/marionette line area has filled in. My face is firm, jawline is smooth.

My forehead is now lifting. Wild.

I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't taking such detailed before and after photos. Best money I've ever spent on a skin treatment - the firming is so impressive! All the serums are working well, too! I added a Vitamin C serum - good stuff. YEA!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Hey JaeBlue, that's great. I really like my RK too. I'm starting to think I am getting better results with it than my microcurrent device. My face looks firmer after an US treatment.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I just can't go over the improvements! This is the Holy Grail of skin tools for me at this point!

I can only imagine the longer it's used the better!

Happy to hear your good results, too! WOW!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
For people who messaged me and want to purchase the Rex Kara II with the $100 discount, I emailed the company rep last week and here is what she replied today:

The $100 manufacturer instant rebate is given and supported by manufacturer for REX-KARA launch program.

I am sure we will offer more exciting promotion program as the holiday season approaches.

I would suggest your forum friends check Newegg.com on Black Friday or Cyber Monday for a good deal from REX-KARA!

Hope this help!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |