Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Make up problems!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SamanthaMiss
5% products discount

Fri May 18, 2012 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,
I'm in a bit of a situation, my make up always cakes I guess you would call it around my eyes including between my brows.
I've tried primer but that's not working, I guess I have dry skin, so my question is what kind of concealer would you recommend? I need pretty full coverage, from redness, dark circles and I do have some lines under my eyes too.
I don't have access to many brands here.
I have a Mac concealer, that's no good, I've tried maybelline too.
Moneys pretty tight so it is a luxury for me ( probably like a lot of you) but I am willing to pay for something good. I've seen the I.t cosmetics bye bye under eye, has anyone tried it? It will cost me almost 50 bucks here in Australia without testing it first its a it of a risk...
Some brands I do have access to are, Estée Lauder, Lancôme, Clinique I guess that's the kind of high end I have access to.
Sorry about he long question, I am also about to try Paula's choice bha as an exfoliant at this time I do not exfoliate.
Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it
Sam
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
SamanthaMiss wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm in a bit of a situation, my make up always cakes I guess you would call it around my eyes including between my brows.
I've tried primer but that's not working, I guess I have dry skin, so my question is what kind of concealer would you recommend? I need pretty full coverage, from redness, dark circles and I do have some lines under my eyes too.
I don't have access to many brands here.
I have a Mac concealer, that's no good, I've tried maybelline too.
Moneys pretty tight so it is a luxury for me ( probably like a lot of you) but I am willing to pay for something good. I've seen the I.t cosmetics bye bye under eye, has anyone tried it? It will cost me almost 50 bucks here in Australia without testing it first its a it of a risk...
Some brands I do have access to are, Estée Lauder, Lancôme, Clinique I guess that's the kind of high end I have access to.
Sorry about he long question, I am also about to try Paula's choice bha as an exfoliant at this time I do not exfoliate.
Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it
Sam

Hi SamanthaMiss, Very Happy

I am in the US, but a brand from OZ that I can recommend is Mirenesse, I have used their foundation and concealer and I like it very much.

Have a peek:

http://www.mirenesse.com/catalogue/c7/c44

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the exact one that I was thinking of that I bought in a kit before, it gives full coverage yet does not cake up like some do:

Icon Sealer 24 Hr Concealer Full Size Dark Circles Blemishes Red Marks Veins Concealer

AUD 35.00

http://www.mirenesse.com/catalogue/c7/c44/c125/p237

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would spend your money getting your skin issues resolved rather than on pricey make up. If you can get a good base you can likely use budget cosmetics. Are you meeting or exceeding all your government's recommendations for healthy eating and lifestyle?

Select a super gentle cleanser, exfoliate with either a cotton muslin cloth (cheap on eBay) OR 22%+ lactic acid (purchase 88% is cheap then dilute with water), moisturiser that supplies the lipids found in a healthy skin barrier considering your climate (ingredients include lanolin, shea butter, lecithin).

Some of the Aussie beauty bloggers are very into DIY skincare, even making sunscreen! http://www.dempeaux.com/
Note that Dempeaux uses high end cosmetics but I am NOT suggesting that, just the DIY which is relatively cheap.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
SamanthaMiss
5% products discount

Sat May 19, 2012 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies and information guys!
I currently use cetaphil cleanser and aveeno moisturizer the one that does contain menthol, I only use this one because I keep it in the fridge and it relieves my eczema.
I'm wondering should I try Shea butter?
I use medical disposable cloths to pat dry my skin because rubbing it aggravates it more.
I think I might try some lactic acid, that sounds gentle enough for me.
I am healthier now than I ever have been.
I take supplements and stick to a healthy diet. And try and exercise every day.
Stress is the main factor of my skin issues, unfortunately I can't control this and don't entirely feel stressed, but it shows through my skin.
I also ordered a sample size of the mireneese, it's funny because I saw the skin products on tvsn last week and was oohing and ahhing like always
Laughing
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Are you saying that you use the Aveeno with menthol on your face? That can be quite irritating and I personally don't feel it is a good facial moisturizer and make-up base. There are more emollient moisturizers out there and that will act as a better base for any concealers you place over it.

I have a very high stress job and I have found that lots of sleep and a good diet are the best ways to combat stress.

Although I only use minimal make-up I do like Jane Iredale Mineral Make-Up, however I don't know if you can get that where you live.

I hope this helps you a little.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
It also sounds like its caking up in your T-zone, and I would think caking happens more on oily skin. Maybe you just need to work on your T-zone.

Firefox7275 has some good advice, wish I could be disciplined enough to follow it Confused .

Mireneese mascara is really good from what I hear, did your kit happen to have that in it? If so would you please review it, I am curious on trying it. The founder is/was a pharmacist and needed makeup that didn't cake/flake/peel ect. from what I understand.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
SamanthaMiss wrote:
Thanks for the replies and information guys!
I currently use cetaphil cleanser and aveeno moisturizer the one that does contain menthol, I only use this one because I keep it in the fridge and it relieves my eczema.
I'm wondering should I try Shea butter?
I use medical disposable cloths to pat dry my skin because rubbing it aggravates it more.
I think I might try some lactic acid, that sounds gentle enough for me.
I am healthier now than I ever have been.
I take supplements and stick to a healthy diet. And try and exercise every day.
Stress is the main factor of my skin issues, unfortunately I can't control this and don't entirely feel stressed, but it shows through my skin.
I also ordered a sample size of the mireneese, it's funny because I saw the skin products on tvsn last week and was oohing and ahhing like always
Laughing

You didn't say you had eczema in the OP!! Definitely do not use salicylic acid/ BHA far too drying. Less is more with any form of dermatitis, pare your skincare and make up routine down to the bare minimum of products and ingredients and avoid all known irritants. Reading labels is essential, feel free to post lists here if you want us to analyse them for you.

More detail on your diet please. Which supplements? Do you meet or exceed all the healthy eating guildelines, especially plenty of oily fish and other essential fatty acids? Sorry to be picky but a diet containing healthy foods is not always well balanced, in fact rarely so IME (healthcare professional). You really can do a lot for stress with targeted nutrition and physical activity. For a start how intense is your exercise, how often are you gasping for breath, are you doing interval training? What are your sources of magnesium, how frequently do you eat nuts, seeds, beans, lentils and wholegrains?

Cetaphil wash contains sulphates and other harsh surfactants, so not suitable for eczema or xerosis (clinically dry skin). Try a gentle lotion cleanser, oils low in oleic acid or CeraVe. Menthol is an irritant and penetration enhancer, not a problem for all but is for some. What are the cloths made of and impregnanted with? How many of your other products (shampoo, hand wash, shower gel) contain sulphate surfactants? Are you taking long or daily showers, and are you allowing shampoo bubbles to get on your face or eczematous parts of the body?

Shea butter is excellent for eczema but on it's own will not hydrate so would ideally be an ingredient. A moisturiser contains a combination of occlusives/ emollients (barriers/ softeners) with humectants (water attracting). Urea is a humectant found in healthy skin and known to be deficient in eczematous and psoriatic skin. Lactic acid and aloe vera are other examples of humectants.

Sorry loads of questions! Embarassed

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
SamanthaMiss
5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2012 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
It also sounds like its caking up in your T-zone, and I would think caking happens more on oily skin. Maybe you just need to work on your T-zone.

Firefox7275 has some good advice, wish I could be disciplined enough to follow it Confused .

Mireneese mascara is really good from what I hear, did your kit happen to have that in it? If so would you please review it, I am curious on trying it. The founder is/was a pharmacist and needed makeup that didn't cake/flake/peel ect. from what I understand.

I didn't get any other samples sorry but I have used mirenesse mascara and primer years ago, I do think it was ok (I can't really remember sorry) but I do know their products have got better, I got my concealer off eBay and it was quite cheap.
At the moment for mascara I use face of Australia (which as the name suggests is Australia) so I'm not sure if you can access it and the Avon super shock max and they are really good, I do love dramatic lashes though.
SamanthaMiss
5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2012 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for every one's help.
Firefox I feel like I should be paying for your advice, you sure know what you are talking about!
I was diagnosed with eczema 4 years ago, after a stressful event.
I had tests and am now allergic to things I never was before, it is strange I am allergic to grasses and pollens but mowed knee length grass today with no flare up. It seems it comes and goes, I'm slowly trying to pin point the causes.
Now this is embarrassing but my diet is probably no where near healthy enough, but for me it is 1000x better than it has been.
I'm currently doing bodytrim to drop some kg, so my diet is defiantly not balanced at the moment, it is a high protein,low carb diet.
Although my skin does seem to be liking it.
Supplements I am taking are
Centrum advanced which is a multi vitamin
The good vitamin nails, skin and hair (which makes my nails grow like crazy)
Herron zinc complex (only started theses about a week ago)
Healthy care ultimate omega 3 6 &9 I have 3 capsules a day, maybe I need more?
And I was taking source naturals hyaluronic acid, but I don't think they are doing much and I've only got one day left. I only currently do 30-60 minutes of walking per day.
Showering aggravates my skin, so I only have warm very quick showers and am about to buy some more shower gel because I ran out of my goats milk soap. I just ordered some Avalon Shampoo and conditioner.
I thought cetaphil was ok for my skin, silly me. Fooled again. I don't think I can get cerAve in Australia.
Do you think this might be ok?
Hamilton Skin active urederm cleanser
And
Urederm cream
Sorry I can't post links.
Thanks again for your help, I also checked out the link you provided and love the site! I love blogs!
Marjorie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if it's available in Australia, but I use Lise Watier Portfolio professional correctors as concealer. It has 5 shades which can address all skin unevenness issues like brown spots, redness, etc. It sells for 31$.
havana8

Fri May 25, 2012 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Marjorie wrote:
I don't know if it's available in Australia, but I use Lise Watier Portfolio professional correctors as concealer. It has 5 shades which can address all skin unevenness issues like brown spots, redness, etc. It sells for 31$.

sister sweets and Antonia did a great review thread on the blue concealer in that one that you might like:

Amazing product that increases youthful beauty. Must have..
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34951

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |