Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
What is your view about Botox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,
I've been trying to read about botox and the more I read the more confused I get. My confusion is more in relation to whether or not its worth it, side effects, long term use etc.

Right now I'm not sure and don't use it. I'm 37 and contemplating perhaps a little around crows feet area. I don't have major wrinkles but more for slowing the process.

I would like to know what your view is on the matter.

Are you for it or against it and why?
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I use Dysport, not Botox, but they work the same way. I love it!

Over the years of raising five sons while my hubby worked away from home for three weeks out of every single month, I developed a frown line. (you can imagine!). Sorta like the 11s, but just one line smack dab in the middle between my eyebrows.

Dysport completely erases that line, prevents me from adding to the line by preventing that deep frown, AND I've noticed that each time the Dysport wears off, the line is a little less defined than the time before.

I've never suffered any side effects, and neither has anyone I know who uses it.

Makes a huge difference!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Kgeux-I agree with you, basically use botox for the same area and have for 8 years on and off. It made a huge difference for me.
To me, it is like raising children or childbirth (or really anything for that matter). You will find that everyone has a different story and after a while you become overwhelmed so you have to do whats best in your situation and then just use common sense. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Everyone that I know who use it love it!! I tried Dynasport, and while it was great in what it did, I felt I over used my other muscles. It seems my face was hell bent to still make the same expressions Confused ! So for me the fear is I am making other areas worse in the long run, but I think I am in the minority on that.

My short run with it was not long enough to know one way or the other, but I know I made other muscles "tired".
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Botox has been around long enough now to speak for itself. It is really the only thing that will visibly remove wrinkles from the skin. And regular use has been shown to stop the formation of new ones. The ongoing cost can be hard to bear - but with the rising cost of topicals it's starting to be comparable. I know women who would spend far more at the hairdressers than I would on Botox.

Also, for me, it's beneficial in another way because it definitely helps with the control of my migraines.

I realise that some people are against it because they don't like the thought of the whole process - but if you try it and like it, those fears dissolve very quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am hurtling towards 40 and my attitude is never say never. I considered it for my elevens, but they now virtually invisible - magnifying mirror - with more hydrating skincare and dermarolling. Very Happy

I would have grave reservations about having Botox on multiple areas because I don't think it can be good for the overall facial musculature to have many muscles paralysed for long periods. I can see how you temporarily weakening a muscle(s) could help the opposing muscle(s) regain strength and and dominance.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVE it, but unfortunately I am Botox resistant and it just doesn't last for me. Sad Sad Sad

But it makes a HUGE difference in making you look younger, and frankly nothing else compares.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies, great advice. I'm also a person who never say never. So Im thinking about it. I met up with a friend who uses it just a little around the crows feet and the nose to mouth lines (forget what they're called) She loves it. No side effects

I'm thinking about it and need to do some research on some good drs in australia. Smile
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 4:06 am      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Thanks ladies, great advice. I'm also a person who never say never. So Im thinking about it. I met up with a friend who uses it just a little around the crows feet and the nose to mouth lines (forget what they're called) She loves it. No side effects

I'm thinking about it and need to do some research on some good drs in australia. Smile

I'll prob do it again, it is amazing how good it makes you look, perhaps my doctor did too many areas, and that's why I felt the other muscles trying so hard. My friends did not have the same problems I did.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit , I would have it just for my migraines alone!!!
If my forehead lines and frown lines went too (probably from headache frowning!!) then I'd get two things for the price of one.

I just now have to find someone I can trust to do it Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I am another in favour of Botox. I just have about 25 units in my 11's or should I say 1's!!

I started at about age 46. I love it and nothing else gets rid of that little angry look. I actually think in the long run its worth it. I only get it maybe every 6-8 months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Botox...if you can afford it.. just makes sense. It has kept my eyes from getting wrinkles. It is almost as important as a preventative measure as it is for a cosmetic improvement. You also get a slight life from it as well.. like above the brow if you get it there. It makes a difference...and I don't know of any skin care expert who has said anything but great things about it.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would LOVE to get Botox, but I'm such a scaredy cat!! You are all so brave. I'm sure Botox doesn't even come close to anything purchased in a jar. However, I sure wish that someone would find the fountain of youth in a bottle for we chickens Bad Grin
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I would LOVE to get Botox, but I'm such a scaredy cat!! You are all so brave. I'm sure Botox doesn't even come close to anything purchased in a jar. However, I sure wish that someone would find the fountain of youth in a bottle for we chickens Bad Grin

it really doesn't hurt!!!!! They put ice packs on the areas they were going to inject and poof it was over!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

it really doesn't hurt!!!!! They put ice packs on the areas they were going to inject and poof it was over!

I haven't done any YET, but I just saw a PS on TV do it with lido-cane in the same syringe as the Botox and the woman said she did not feel a thing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
The first two times I used it I was really pleased with the results... slight crows feet gone in five days and nice small lift of eyebrows plus brow free of lines...
The third time was with a different physician and the brow was left with no wrinkles too but the eyebrows were not lifted, just kind of "sat" over my upper eyelids, this happened again the next time...it caused the upper eyelids, eyebrows, to kind of "sit" or even overhang the eye, so I wonder about this, does it depend on what surgeon administers it? Or is it what happens when you use regularly? Has anyne found this happen?
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been getting Botox for my crow's feet for nearly 4 years now. It honestly doesn't hurt & it's over so quick. I'm a real wuss when it comes to needles & pain but getting Botox doesn't worry me in the slightest. Of course i was a little nervous the first time.
My crow's around my right eye are really horrendous without Botox. I'm 40 btw. Botox erases them completely for 3 months. They gradually come back during the 4th month. I love Botox. It's not cheap but i don't spend a lot of money on clothes, makeup, shoes, handbags, hair etc so i don't care. It's so worth it to not have all those lines. I've also been getting a little Botox in my 11's (or rather my 1, lol)for the last 6 months or so. I only need 6 units to freeze that area so i can't frown unless i really, really try, lol. I only have a faint line there but it annoys me and i don't want it getting worse.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
The first two times I used it I was really pleased with the results... slight crows feet gone in five days and nice small lift of eyebrows plus brow free of lines...
The third time was with a different physician and the brow was left with no wrinkles too but the eyebrows were not lifted, just kind of "sat" over my upper eyelids, this happened again the next time...it caused the upper eyelids, eyebrows, to kind of "sit" or even overhang the eye, so I wonder about this, does it depend on what surgeon administers it? Or is it what happens when you use regularly? Has anyne found this happen?

This is caused by the way the Botox is injected and has nothing to do with regular use. An experienced injector can raise or lower the eyebrows by injecting in certain areas - it's all down to technique.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay....I really am squeamish just reading this thread, but how do you feel the day after botox and how does the face look? Are the lines and crows feet gone the same day?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Okay....I really am squeamish just reading this thread, but how do you feel the day after botox and how does the face look? Are the lines and crows feet gone the same day?

You may or may not have a little bruise at the injection points, and it doesn't kick in fully for like 7 days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I had 22 units into my brows (botox brow lift) and 11s and it was really resonable. $156, I think. I went straight to work and no one noticed. No bleeding or bruising or anything! After a few days I could see the results. After 2 weeks I noticed one brow was a little higher and the gal shot up my "low" side for free.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

That's exactly how I feel about it all. But I am still considering it.

I hava also been reading that who performs the injections can make a huge difference in how good it looks and is , like keliu mentioned, with many comparing it to artistry. Lol

I am wondering how many units is average for crows feet and if you only do your 11 s ?. Apparently Botox costs around $10-$20 unit in Australia .I'm pretty sure it's much cheaper in the USA and Canada ?
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 3:59 am      Reply with quote
The average woman needs 10 units per eye for crow's feet. Not sure what the average is for 11's.
I get 12 units for my right eye & 4 for my left eye. Then i get 6 units for my 11's.
I pay $16 per unit here in Adelaide, Australia.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 5:36 am      Reply with quote
The price has come down in Australia. The average is around $15 per unit. Some places run specials or loyalty programmes at around $11 per unit. It pays to shop around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised at how inexpensive the Botox seems to be. I think that Botox, in the end, is cheeper than many topicals. The price of skin care is getting ridiculous. The serums and creams that I want to purchase are always over $100. and don't even last a full two months. No wonder so many are getting Botox.

I must say this thread is luring me in the direction of the syringe. Can you get a tranquillizer before it done??
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |