Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Maybelline Baby Lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:03 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
LOL Tiny. Laughing

It's not a dark red, and it's not like elegant looking or anything, but I like it. It's a pinky sort of red if you know what I mean. And it smells and tastes delicious. The color and scent kind of remind me of strawberry shortcake (the cartoon character I mean) LOL. Have you ever smelled strawberry shortcake toys and what not? You know how they're scented? That's what the cherry me reminds me of. (I LOVE strawberry shortcake! lmao!) So yeah, it looks like you've been in the garden eating wild strawberries or like your lips are flushed. But it does look semi-fake. You can look up swatches on google I think. I sent my husband to the store to get me the cherry me but they were all out LOL. So I ordered it off ebay!

THAT IS THE EXACT COLOR I WORE FOR OVER 20 YEARS with lipslicks!!!! and now I can't find it Crying or Very sad off to ebay!!! When they restock on stores and you can't find it, you will know why, I've bought them out Cool
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
LOL! It's definitely sheerer than lipstick but still nice. That's how it looks on me but my lips are so damn pale they're almost white. If you don't like it please don't hunt me down. lmao! Laughing
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
LOL! It's definitely sheerer than lipstick but still nice. That's how it looks on me but my lips are so damn pale they're almost white. If you don't like it please don't hunt me down. lmao! Laughing

lmao! and your address was......

hehehehe! no your describing the exact color I've worn forever, I am one of those that hates lipstick, I love sheer, and the sheer red, which is always really a pinky red! You definately have me on a mission now
Marjorie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Laughing

I have this in the "cherry me" color. It's reddish like you were eating strawberries or cherries. I like it. But it's not broad spectrum spf so it wont protect from UVA rays. Sad ETA: The maybelline baby lips contains octinoxate and octisalate as the sunscreen agents used, which protect from UVB but not from UVA. I like these for color and indoors but not for outdoors. Still a nice lip balm though.

If anyone is looking for a broad spectrum spf lip balm with color, I highly recommend Alba Botanica TerraTints spf 8 lip balm with zinc. There's two colors. I just got the "Bloom" color. Love it. It smells like peppermint and is a very natural light pink flush sort of color. I can't remember the name of the other color but I think it was a reddish one. I want that one next. Very Happy I searched for a long time for a broad spectrum spf lip balm and found this gem! Most spf lip balms don't protect from UVA which is so odd!

I didn't know the Baby Lips lip balm didn't protect from UVAs Sad I'm a bit clueless about finding that out based on the ingredients... Thank you for recommending the Alba Botanica lip balm; I'll be looking for it !
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:

lmao! and your address was......

hehehehe! no your describing the exact color I've worn forever, I am one of those that hates lipstick, I love sheer, and the sheer red, which is always really a pinky red! You definately have me on a mission now

Well that's exactly how I'd describe it and I've got it on now! A sheer pinky red. Smile

Marjorie, I didn't know this either until recently. You wouldn't believe how many lip products aren't broad spectrum! I found the Alba TerraTints one on iherb for cheap Smile

These are the only ingredients that are broad spectrum spf, so always look for any one of these as one of the "active ingredients": Zinc oxide, Titanium dioxide, Avobenzone, Tinosorb or ecamsule (Mexoryl).

The problem with zinc/titanium tends to be that it's white, which isn't good for lip products. But the Alba one is colored so it's perfect. There are also some Paula's choice lip products that are broad spectrum spf too. And I think a non-colored Banana Boat spf 30 lip balm. There really aren't very many broad spectrum lip balms at all! I was so delighted to find the Alba ones. Smile
Marjorie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I also have a neutral lip balm from Fresh Sugar with SPF 15. I just checked the ingredients and the sun protection comes from avobenzone and octinoxate, so full spectrum there. Smile It comes in 5 colors as well as in the neutral version. I've never tried the colored version though. Also it sells for 22$ so not too cheap...
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Marjorie wrote:
I also have a neutral lip balm from Fresh Sugar with SPF 15. I just checked the ingredients and the sun protection comes from avobenzone and octinoxate, so full spectrum there. Smile It comes in 5 colors as well as in the neutral version. I've never tried the colored version though. Also it sells for 22$ so not too cheap...

Yay! Another broad spectrum lip balm to add to our short list LOL. I'll have to look it up, thanks Marjorie. I suppose even though it's 22$, at least it's broad spectrum and lip products tend to last for such a long time. Smile
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Can the next time someone finds a product like this that is devine, can you pm me first Laughing Laughing give me an hour running start, so I can find it on a store shelf SOMEWHERE!! It is still wiped out all over this city Shock

mumbles I'll find it deemit
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 am      Reply with quote
According to one of the beauty blogs, Mabelline have no intention of bringing Baby Lips to the UK.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I've got to get this for my youngest daughter. She loves wearing makeup but hardly ever wears lipstick, claiming they are all too dark for her. I think she'd like these.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Oh, I've got to get this for my youngest daughter. She loves wearing makeup but hardly ever wears lipstick, claiming they are all too dark for her. I think she'd like these.

ONLY if you will leave me ONE on the shelf Brick wall

until I find one , rumor has it there awful Laughing Laughing
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Laughing I can't believe you're having a hard time finding them. I see them all the time at Target.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
LOL! Laughing I can't believe you're having a hard time finding them. I see them all the time at Target.

Oh now you say target, I've driven past 2 on way to different walgreens Confused

and stomps feet and screams NO ONE GO TO TARGET BEFORE ME Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
sandooch wrote:

Oh now you say target, I've driven past 2 on way to different walgreens Confused

LOL. Tiny I could have ordered online and had it here in all the time you have searched at Walgreen's! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
sandooch wrote:

LOL. Tiny I could have ordered online and had it here in all the time you have searched at Walgreen's! Laughing

True, I keep forgetting about it until I am in the store, was even in a walmart Shock (scary place) and there shelves were wiped out
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
sandooch wrote:

True, I keep forgetting about it until I am in the store, was even in a walmart Shock (scary place) and there shelves were wiped out

LOL. I have checked online and if looking for "Cherry Me" everyone is sold out, but I just found it on Maybelline's site!

http://www.maybelline.com/products/154/lips/lip-color/baby-lips/cherry-me/015?shadeId=842&view=shades&position=583

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well imagine my plight today!! Off I went on my mission, found an entire shelf full of the stuff, what color is OUT ...OH you guessed it CHERRY!! LMAO

ok got pink, its not bad, super duper light, makes your lips look like a babys

see DM I am not crazy...It appears more, 100s more than are buying are NOT posting lmao
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Well imagine my plight today!! Off I went on my mission, found an entire shelf full of the stuff, what color is OUT ...OH you guessed it CHERRY!! LMAO

I am about to order both the pink and cherry! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I only got the pink because I was hell bent to try it, but I actually do like it, for a non color look, but very nice looking lips. I do like it, its very emollient and lasts as good as the tend too, doesn't run all over face either Cool
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I only got the pink because I was hell bent to try it, but I actually do like it, for a non color look, but very nice looking lips. I do like it, its very emollient and lasts as good as the tend too, doesn't run all over face either Cool

You just made me glad I went ahead and ordered both the Cherry and the Pink ones! Smile

The Cherry is almost impossible to find even online, must be really popular!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

You just made me glad I went ahead and ordered both the Cherry and the Pink ones! Smile

Ok pm me the link, if you posted I'll cry buckets!!! surely mama bought me some Shock
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Ok pm me the link, if you posted I'll cry buckets!!! surely mama bought me some Shock

Sorry doll I did post it! Embarassed Embarassed

http://www.maybelline.com/products/154/lips/lip-color/baby-lips/cherry-me/015?shadeId=842&view=shades&position=583

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO all are sold out oh well!! omg too XXXX funny!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

LOL. Looks like mommy got the last of their stock! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

LOL. Looks like mommy got the last of their stock! Shock

mumbles, mommy's grounded! see if I share my beauty secrets ever again Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |