Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perfect pressed/loose powder: any suggestions ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Marjorie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for a face powder that has slight coverage (I don't want actual foundation) and that I can use for touch-ups during the day on shiny areas like my nose and forehead. A lot of coverage products make my skin flaky; I'm looking for a smooth, luminous finish. Any suggestions ? I was thinking about NARS or MAC, but I would like recommendations before buying anything.

Thank you for your help !
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
This is exactly what I am looking for too! I have heard good things about Smashbox Halo and Laura Mercier. I am very fair skinned so hate when they look dark on me, its hard to find a fair powder without it looking too white.

Would love to hear some suggestions, thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
This is exactly what I am looking for too! I have heard good things about Smashbox Halo and Laura Mercier. I am very fair skinned so hate when they look dark on me, its hard to find a fair powder without it looking too white.

Would love to hear some suggestions, thanks!

I have the Halo but I use it more for hi-lighting, but I hit between fair/medium, Odd I know That is why I now mainly make my own MMU! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I really like Corn Silk satin finish loose powder at the drugstore end of the market, old but good IMO. Very finely milled, very subtle elective finish.

This guy is great for reviews on cosmetics at the budget and pro end of the market.
http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist?ob=4

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes FF! I really love Goss' channel.

Im liking Osmosis Loose Base Titanium-free. Comes in pressed powder too which is bismuth-free, but Loose Base is more moisturizing, if you like that. It has SRGF-7 which is Osmosis' amino acid complex.

Its sheer enough for touch-ups during the day, but you can use it as a MMU and spritz with a hydrosol for better coverage and lasting power.

Only 3 colors, but Natural is good for most light tones.. its not pink either like (urgh) Clinique.

http://www.osmosisskincare.com/Foundations.aspx
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Chantecaille's loose powder is great. It doesn't leave a powdery finish.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale! I used to use MAC studio fix and definitely prefer Jane Iredale. I can't go back to anything else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Jane Iredale! This is great stuff. A light application with a kabuki brush will help even out your skin tone. You can reapply for more complete coverage.
teago
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier pressed powder is awesommeee.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I've heard good things about foundations from Meow Cosmetics. Here's the link:

http://meowcosmetics.com/Foundation.htm
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the suggestions (although I am not the OP)
I googled them all, the Jane Iredale had some really good reviews, but I decided to go with Smashbox Halo in Light. I had used this a few years ago but it was medium and I loved it but found it too dark.
Very hard to get Smashbox here in Australia, I paid $85.00 plus postage $10.00. Shock so I hope I like it!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Good luck with the Smashbox. Keep us posted!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions (although I am not the OP)
I googled them all, the Jane Iredale had some really good reviews, but I decided to go with Smashbox Halo in Light. I had used this a few years ago but it was medium and I loved it but found it too dark.
Very hard to get Smashbox here in Australia, I paid $85.00 plus postage $10.00. Shock so I hope I like it!!

I do hope so, it is so sad what you all in Australia go through with some products! Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all the suggestions ! A lot of the brands listed seem great: the problem is, since they are not available in stores here, I would have to order the powder before trying it first and I'm too afraid I'll go wrong with the color... So I decided to go with a brand available in stores here in Montreal; Laura Mercier. Thanks again ! Smile
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Shock omg $85 for smashbox! yikes! I hope you like it. I believe here in canada you can get smashbox products at stores like Shoppers drug mart

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
Shock omg $85 for smashbox! yikes! I hope you like it. I believe here in canada you can get smashbox products at stores like Shoppers drug mart

It is $59 on the Smashbox US site, but you can find deals sometimes on various sites, but never have I seen it in any of our discount stores here! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Smashbox gets good reviews for the Halo. It used to be available here on the shopping network but they stopped it a few years ago and now its practically impossible to get. Especially the Light or Fair, Medium and Dark are easier to get on Ebay and much cheaper too?

@Majorie, Laura Mercier was one of my top choices too, so do let us know how it goes. I love the LM Creame Silk Foundation.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |