Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! Red marks on chin after acne :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I need help!
I have big red spots on my chin after hormonal breakouts. They've been there for a few months now and wont fade...
Is there anything I could use to get rid of those?

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga, look for a product called Miracell -www.miracell.com. I had some red marks on my chin either side of the middle Question that werent spots but they were. I used this oil for a week or so and they almost disappeared. Its supposed to be good for scarring but the best thing is ITS CHEAP, a small bottle here is only £6 Smile
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cindi!

This Miracell sounds really great!
I hope this can help me!

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
It seems alot to pay on their own site, maybe you can find it cheaper. It is an oil though so if you are sensitive to oil, keep away. I have the tiny bottle and a little goes along way. Its great on the cuticles at bedtime too!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi where did you get it from for around £6?

Thanks

Sarah
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Are you in the UK sarahb
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, sure am. Smile
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Webiste address: www.myskincare.co.uk This site has the Reviva products on, Reviva being the parent company of Janson Beckett, they are very reasonably priced and the creams are not heavy and nice to use. Unfortunately the eye cream didnt give me the results I wanted. The guy who runs the site is very helpful and knows alot about skincare and nutrition. He got upset when I mentioned Janson Beckett to him mind, so wouldnt recommend you do. He wasnt even aware they were "related". I think I upset him. Still, he's really nice. The Miracell is £6.50, he only has one size. He does ship outside the UK for all those ladies wishing to try. let me know how you get on with the site.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Cindi, will give it a go as it's so cheap. I guess it's not available in the shops then?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
By the way sarahb, I think his light skin peel is similar to the Janson Beckett radiant exfoliator that gets reviews on here. I have it and they describe it exactly the same, it is good.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I hadnt heard of it till a girl at work bought something off his site and he put a sample in, and she swore that a burn mark on her hand off the oven healed in one day!!!!!! She ordered the bottle and on that basis, I had to too. It is cheap so not a lot to lose. you might even like some of his other products. He mainly sells Reviva. He is in surrey but I cant see him having a shop.
Mabsy

Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how this would work for you but one thing that I have noticed while using a combination of Dermalogica Microfoliant and Vit C serum was that the post-acne marks healed and disappered quicker on me. I don't know if it was the Microfoliant (it does have skin brightening ingredients) or the vit C (helps healing etc) or the combination but they worked!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:18 am      Reply with quote
The Dermalogica Microfoliant has completely dried my chin out in one use, and its flaky. Either that or its the JB Prep. Sad
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Hubby bought me a salon size Microfoliant, lasted me well over a year and I used it several times a week, no side effects, no drying and it's pretty good at getting rid of enlarged pores and blackheads, IMO. Smile
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:29 am      Reply with quote
If you want something to help get rid of red marks from spots, try taking Vit E and a B Complex orally. Decleor Prolagene gel is great, although you could have to wait a few months to see a difference and what I'm convinced worked for me was Creme De La Mer moisturiser. It's also great for helping to clear up oily skin and smoothe out those wrinkles. Expensive but it worked for me.

One other thing, try to steer clear of mineral oils in makeup, they just block the pores and make skin worse.

[/img]
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Are mineral oils in all mineral make-up?

Aga
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Mineral oils are nothing to do with mineral makeup, they're a petroleum by product to give slip and glide to products to increase spreadability. They can irritate skin and aggravate spots or cause spots, leave a greasy after-feel and have no skin benefits whatsoever and I WISH I'd know that years ago!! I could have prevented years of spots caused by a concealer FULL of mineral oils! Sad

Mineral makeup SHOULD be full of skin friendly ingredients.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered miracell, been using it for a week and nothing has changed Think
The red marks are really bothering me, they look like I am all broken out on my chin.
I do exfoliate and started using Vit C.

Should I try some whitening products ?

Aga
tigereyes

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,
I am new here and was going to post basically the same question, and see if anyone has used or heard of results with a product called BIO-OIL Question Question . (Swiss-Union product, licensee to Innoxa I think).

I work in pharmacy, and customers have raved about this product. People have mentioned it minimising the appearance of huge stretch marks scars, burns and lots of different symptoms.

I'm eager to here if the EDS addicts have any opinions (you have my admiration- you guys are what I consder expects!), as they know their stuff better than anyone I have ever come across. I stay right right from mineral oils (have a problem with deep painful pimples on the chin only-that don't fade for about a year Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ), and this product contains them, but its effectiveness is meant to be due to a breakthrough form of oil they call purcellin oil, which is absorbed better & deeper. What should I do, to use or not to use?

Been trying it on a tiny area of cheek for about 1 week, and honestly the redness (had a pimple there 1 yr ago) has already faded, and skin looks more even. Not sure whether to risk it on the chin though?

I'd give it a go on anything but the chin.
It costs about $15-20 in Australia for 60ml.
Sorry bout the LOOONG post, Cheers.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
If you want something to help get rid of red marks from spots, try taking Vit E and a B Complex orally. Decleor Prolagene gel is great, although you could have to wait a few months to see a difference and what I'm convinced worked for me was Creme De La Mer moisturiser. It's also great for helping to clear up oily skin and smoothe out those wrinkles. Expensive but it worked for me.

One other thing, try to steer clear of mineral oils in makeup, they just block the pores and make skin worse.

[/img]

I'm glad Creme De La Mer worked for you. Isn't it great when you find something that likes your skin?

But I think CDLM has mineral oil in it too. I don't have the box anymore, but I'm thinking it was the 3rd or 4th ingredient. I could be wrong though, because I'm just going from memory.

-Cheri
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes you're right about the Creme De La Mer, it was bought for me before I became interested about ingredients, plus whenever you hear about it, they always advertise that it's full of herbs and plants!

I've just read the packaging and it's got mineral oil, petroleum (no good for the skin whatsoever, it just provides "slip"), glycerin (as before), lanolin (from sheeps wool, I believe and blocks pores), wax, alcohol, perfume (to cover up the smell of the chemicals) and lots more I doubt I want to know about!

As for the Bio Oil mentioned above, I bought it for my hubby, he was in an accident 6 months ago and got a scar to his temple, he got tired of using it after a couple of weeks as it's greasy and noticeable on your face. I also bought him some Decleor Prolagene gel (non greasy and rubs in) and the scar is about half the size it was then, whether that's the Prolagene gel or he's just good at healing I don't know, but it's worth a try.
tigereyes

Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks sarahb,
Will definately give the declor a try, this chin of mine to too fragile to take risks with. The rest of my bio-oil samples will be used as cuticle oil from now on.

My new motto: When in doubt, check with EDS!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,
Im sorry to hear you got the Miracell and it didnt help you. Hav you considered it might be something in your routine that is causing your breakouts. When I used the Miracell, I used it for 2 weeks, every night. I didnt use anthing else under or on top of it. Just put a layer on a bedtime. I actually discovered for the first time in my life that parts of my chin were actually dry with the middle bit in the lip being a wee bit oily, I restricted the miracell to the red bits either side of the middle and it truly worked and I havent had any other problems. Maybe something you use doenst agree with you. Once thing I notice on the forum about everyone is they certainly do put a lot of products on their face. The JB skin prep and the ADCE are all I use, Im tempted to use a Vit c serum but Im not sure I need it and Im not sure about overloading. For anyone with oily skin, I would definatley consider losing one or two of the products they are layering with, it cant be god for everyone
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I havent given up all the hope Cindi, I am still using it morning and night. I put it directly on the scar with a Q-tip and pray for a miracle Wink

Aga
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Aga, your vitamin C will help with those marks given a bit of time. Regular AHA use will also help. If you can, you might also try getting an Rx from your derm for Azelex (azelaic acid). Supposed to be very good at getting rid of those red marks and any post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne. Good luck and be patient! Smile (I know it's hard...try some Chanel Quick Cover concealer in the meantime..)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |