Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: The Concise Guide to Dermal Needling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry DM - I don't do DIY (except for Kassy's Vit C), so I don't know what emulsifiers are.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Maybe rolling in preservatives (like phenoxy ethanol etc.) isn't such a good idea either?

I agree on that Lotusesther, not in my skin, but to each their own! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Sorry DM - I don't do DIY (except for Kassy's Vit C), so I don't know what emulsifiers are.

You can see a list here I don't want to add a huge list on the thread. Smile

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/category/28/emulsifiers/asc/a

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Ok, I have sent the questions and my own comments.

With regard to what not to use with rolling, he answered that one last night...he mentioned any serum containing emulsifiers, which I understand to mean anything containing both water and oil solubles. BFG

So ... no Cellese AnteAGE products after rolling then?

What were the emulsifiers in AnteAGE?? (And, I was thinking this might be a good product to try in a future roll)

I was wondering about Polysorbate-20 in the Serum, and Polysorbate-60 in the Accelerator. I phrased my statement as a question though, since I am not sure. Hopefully someone who formulates knows the answer. In the meantime, I am reading these articles and trying to put it all together:

http://cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=457

http://www.dermaviduals.com/english/publications/ingredients/emulsifiers-enable-mixtures.html

I wondered about preservatives as well, even if they aren't Parabens. What about Tetrasodium EDTA ... is that okay to roll into the skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

The channels remain open for about 15 minutes.

My comment - this means I'll be showering real quick after a deep roll. He did not specify needle length here.

About copper peptides and Vitamin C:

Copper peptides oxidize L-Ascorbic Acid….there are other forms of Vitamin C. Dermaviduals uses sodium ascorbyl phosphate inserted into liposomes that protect against oxidization from oxygen and copper. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S002364381100226X

About Sonophoresis:

You don’t need Sonophoresis if you are rolling. You get 80% greater absorption with rolling. The home use devices are toys anyway. Don’t waste your money.

DragoN may have a differing opinion, lol.

About short vs. deep and what to roll in - you can bet if he was referring to things not to roll in, he at least meant the deep roll, the short rolls, I don't know - personally, I am not worried about those. You may have to decide for yourself or maybe someone can find something else buried in the book or elsewhere.

And finally this:

I am writing an e-book for the consumer that will hopefully help navigate the murky waters.Take care.

BFG
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have been thinking about that greatly enhanced absorption. When you have a regular skin serum, the concentrations of active ingredients is based, I think, on the assumption that only a small part of it will get through.
I read in the Cellese thread that Bethany had a fierce reaction - persisting redness - after a roll with very short needles and application of a vit AC serum. I notice that my home made stuff stings when applied after a roll.

I wonder now, if that high concentrations are OK when rolling? Shouldn't it be better to water down the serum or use something with a relatively low concentration, to prevent possible damage? Especially with ingredients that are very acidic or possible irritants?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I have been thinking about that greatly enhanced absorption. When you have a regular skin serum, the concentrations of active ingredients is based, I think, on the assumption that only a small part of it will get through.
I read in the Cellese thread that Bethany had a fierce reaction - persisting redness - after a roll with very short needles and application of a vit AC serum. I notice that my home made stuff stings when applied after a roll.

I wonder now, if that high concentrations are OK when rolling? Shouldn't it be better to water down the serum or use something with a relatively low concentration, to prevent possible damage? Especially with ingredients that are very acidic or possible irritants?

My plan especially for the 1mm roll (as deep as I want to go) is a homemade A, C and E oil based potion, I am not looking to mess up my skin, which at my age is not bad to begin with! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

I read in the Cellese thread that Bethany had a fierce reaction - persisting redness - after a roll with very short needles and application of a vit AC serum.

I am wondering how much irritation was caused just by the roller...the next time I try it I am going to skip the actives and see what happens.

Wed May 30, 2012 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have not found any ingredient lists online for Environ.

Me either! The only ones I've seen are for the four products listed on EWG:
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/company/Environ_Skin_Care_%28Pty%29_Ltd./products/
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
bethany wrote:
I have not found any ingredient lists online for Environ.

Me either! The only ones I've seen are for the four products listed on EWG:
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/company/Environ_Skin_Care_%28Pty%29_Ltd./products/

That was 4 more than I found...thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Really almost impossible to find ingredient lists for these products!

I found this about the colostrum gel. Don't know how typical this formulation is for the environ range - colostrum being very perishable.

http://cosmotechdistributors.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/featured-product-environ%C2%AE%E2%80%99s-intensive-colostrum-gel/
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
In case it helps on the search for the "ingredient lists" (for well guarded products,) I have always had my best luck searching 'beauty blog reviews'..

Found this and hope it helps;

http://allaboutskinlightening.net/2010/03/product-recommendation-environ.html

Environ Evenescence Clarifying Lotion:

Ingredients:
Water, Pentylene Glycol, Denatured Alcohol, Niacinamide, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine (Sepiwhite), Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Witch Hazel Water (Hamamelis Virginiana), Undecylenic Acid, Witch Hazel Bark/Twig/Leaf Extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Tromethamine

http://109.234.197.76/~beauty/blog/?p=47

AVST 1

Ingredients

Retinyl Palminate (Vitamin A) Low Levels
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Vitamin C)
Vitamin E
Green Tea
Rooisbos Tea
Honeybush Extract
Beta Carotene
Panthenol
Rosemary Leaf Extract
Resveratrol

AVST 2:

Ingredients

Retinyl Palminate (Vitamin A) Mild Levels
Vitamin E
Green Tea
Rooisbos Tea
Honeybush Extract
Beta Carotene
Panthenol
Rosemary Leaf Extract
Resveratrol

AVST 3:

Ingredients

Retinyl Palminate (Vitamin A) Medium Levels
Vitamin E
Green Tea
Rooisbos Tea
Honeybush Extract
Beta Carotene
Panthenol
Rosemary Leaf Extract
Resveratrol
Matrixyl

AVST 4:

Ingredients

Retinyl Palminate (Vitamin A) High Levels
Vitamin E
Green Tea
Rooisbos Tea
Honeybush Extract
Beta Carotene
Panthenol
Rosemary Leaf Extract
Resveratrol
Matrixyl

AVST 5:

Ingredients

Retinyl Palminate (Vitamin A) Highest Levels
Vitamin E
Green Tea
Rooisbos Tea
Honeybush Extract
Beta Carotene
Panthenol
Rosemary Leaf Extract
Resveratrol
Matrixyl

And from an old thread here from 2006 (not sure if anything changed since..Confused

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17564

C-Boost (from a post Rileygirl shared):

water, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, Caprylic/Capri triglyceride, Hydrogenated polydecene, pentylene glycol, propylene glycol, ethoxydigycol, glycerine, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100, stearic acid, tocopheryl acetate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate, crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide.

And from a 1 time poster who seems to be an Environ insider (regarding the vit AWink

The form of vitamin A in the Original Range is Retinyl Palmitate (the form of vitamin A which is naturally occuring in our bodies) and starts at 1,250 I.U.'s (international units), going all the way up to 5,000 I.U's. Once a client has gone up the entire vitamin A ladder (or for the die-hards, or current .1% Retin-A users), they would progress to Retinol 1 which is in the Intensive Range. After Retinol 1, they would then move to 2, 3, and finally 4. These products contain the highest concentrations of vitamin A out of all the Environ ranges. Retinol 1 is retinol only (20,000 I.U.), Retinol 2-4 contains retinol, retinyl palmitate, and retinol acetate. I believe the I'U.'s of these products to be 30,000, 40,000, and 50,000 respectively.

This should help you guys figure out pretty closely "what's" in "what"... The ingredients I "bolded" above, are a safe bet as to which preservatives, emulsifiers, solvents etc, are probably repeated in the other products..

Hope that helps a bit!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
havana8

Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Interesting, it seems there are many other Environ ingredient listings at EWG that aren't included in the first link--most noted as 2007 formulations, and a few others with no date such as the RAD Sunscreen SPF16, Sebuspot Lotion, Active Sebutrol:

type in google: environ site:www.ewg.org/skindeep

Regarding the change in formulations, there is this from 09: http://www.chelleon.co.uk/downloads/Paraben_Dr_Des_Environ.pdf

This website doesn't work well for me but it does post the ingredient listings for most of the Environ products such as the Focus Frown Serum, Intensive C-Boost, C-Quence 1, 2, 3, 4, Cleansing Gel, Cleansing Lotion, etc.

Several Environ ingredient listings on Cosmetic Analysis: http://www.cosmeticanalysis.com/cosmetic-brands/environ.html

Not sure if this link has been posted before but thought some might find this Environ presentation interesting: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/84676090/English

Edited to add--here is one other with several INCI listings: http://www.codecheck.info/product.search?q=environ&OK=Suchen
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the ingredients. I just dont feel comfortable rolling that into my skin - either a light (for penetration) or deep roll.

The more I am thinking about it, I will be doing a semi DIY serum. No extra stuff.

Like Skin Actives Antiox Booster: may add vitamin A and C to this:
Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Alpha-D-Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Thanks for posting the ingredients. I just dont feel comfortable rolling that into my skin - either a light (for penetration) or deep roll.

The more I am thinking about it, I will be doing a semi DIY serum. No extra stuff.

Like Skin Actives Antiox Booster: may add vitamin A and C to this:
Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Alpha-D-Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene

LOL. erg,

That was one "base" I was also thinking about using for my DIY!

I feel the same regardless of the needle size it breaks the skin and I am not comfortable with the ingredients in the ready made products either!

PS Thank You Havana! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I was quite happy with my routine of using the .25mm roller with the environ products ( the hydrating serum, the the ACE oil, with a dash of Fawnies kinnag serum, and sometimes Active Formulas Chas serum.) Rather laissez faire, sometimes rolling in sometimes not.

Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Not quite so sure now
Laughing
Think I will carry on as so far I havent had any adverse reactions, ( Probably far too early to tell, and my face will shrivel and fall off in 10 yrs time culmunating in a major face lift requirment Rolling Eyes Bad Grin Laughing Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Essentially, that is the same mix I use...oil based vitamins shown to have antioxidant activity (which I think most do). The base of my recipe is a rich deeply orange colored oil...(beta carotene, red palm, axanstanthin (murdered the spelling). All of it comes from fish or plants.

BFG
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry BFG
Were you responding to my post and if so, are you DIY ing everything Question
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Which ready-made products can be rolled into the skin? Is there a list? I only know about Infadolan and Environ A,C,E body oil?
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
RS

Actually I dont think there is a definitive list I think everyone is kind of feeling their way here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
RS

Actually I dont think there is a definitive list I think everyone is kind of feeling their way here.

Agreed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Well, then let's make a list! Very Happy

bethany wrote:
10Sylvia5 wrote:
RS

Agreed.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've also wondered about rolling in oils. I have always applied an oil after roling - but then oils are anti-inflamatory and I wonder if that is counter productive.

Sylvia - I wouldn't worry about rolling in Environ products because they're recommended by Dr Fernandes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've also wondered about rolling in oils. I have always applied an oil after roling - but then oils are anti-inflamatory and I wonder if that is counter productive.

Sylvia - I wouldn't worry about rolling in Environ products because they're recommended by Dr Fernandes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I'm sticking with the Environ products.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |