Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: The Concise Guide to Dermal Needling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
don't be put off that there is no direct research as to skin care, there isn;t any about cytokines either...

Do DrJ or DragoN know about this?

BFG
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
don't be put off that there is no direct research as to skin care, there isn;t any about cytokines either...

BFG

BFG, where is this quote from?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
sats54 wrote:
I've been needleing for the past few years every now & then. I'm 58 & told i look about 40. I started because I had laser resurfacing done that left me with a face full of scars. I use the 1.0 & now the 1.5 dermastamp.I find it's much easier to use. I just found this site & now I'm so confused. I always read your supposed to put an antibiotic cream on after needleing because you can get an infection, I can't even think of putting a retinoid on since I'm so red & sore after. It would burn & I don't think that's too good for your skin. I did hear to put CP so I put that on a few days later. I tried keeping up reading your posts but it started to get so complicated with the things you use that I figured I'd just ask what you think the most important thing to use after since you seem to know more than me. Please keep it simple for me since I don't know all these products you all seem to know about. If you can tell me the best brand too it would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi sats54 and welcome to the forum!

We like to put 'actives' on after a roll to get greater penetration of them and to increase the activity of the ingredient. Many actives are suppose to help with increasing collegen or elastin or with firming or skintone, so that is why we put them on post-roll.

It's also important to use products like Vitamin A (topically) and vitamin C &/or Copper Peptides prior to rolling to prepare your skin. A new product being discussed here on EDS that is getting good reviews (and is nice for rolling) is the AnteAge line.

Using an antibiotic ointment after a roll is not a bad idea, but instead of that, I've used a diluted batch of tea tree oil post roll (natural anti-bacterial qualities) before using my 'actives'. It is important to keep the skin very clean with a long needle roll.

You're right about not putting a retinoid on immediately after a roll. Retonic acid would cause your skin to burn (I did it once - YIKES!) A retinol (different form of vitamin A and less irritating) is better form to use post rolling. Something other than an acidic (and irritating) version of a vitamin C serum is good too. L-absorbic acid is used in an acidic Vit. C serum. Other versions of vit C are MAP, Tetra-C, etc. Maybe others can share their knowledge of non L-AA vit C serums as I don't know all of them.

Copper Peptides are nice after a roll - usually about an hour after or at least starting back on them the next day. They have the ability to increase collegen and elastin (among other things).

I've just started using the AnteAge and my sample was only enough for a few days, so not enough info to report on for that. It seems like the ingredients would be very good for a roll, though.

For brands - Vit A: Retin A (retinoid)
Vit C: DIY Kassy's recipe
CPs: Skin Biology (and the CP Serum is a great start)
AnteAge: Cellese

many of us purchase our rollers from owndoc.com and she supplies a vit A cream and a cream for post rolling called Infoldan. I don't use the Infoldan because it's just too oily for my skin (and I like using CPs). The Infoldan has some vit C and vit A in it (but I don't know how effective it would be).

HTHs

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

When I said Vitamin A - I meant the Rosehip Oil because it is a source of Vitamin A. I will be applying Retin-A separately.

The Vitamin C I use is Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate because it's oil soluble.

I forgot to mention that my Google search of Safflower Oil revealed it to be a pore un-clogger and is recommended for skin prone to acne. Seeing as how I suffer from blocked sebaceous glands, I think it will be good for me.

Now I'm thinking of throwing some CoQ10 into the mix - this could end up being a good post-rolling mixture. What does everyone else think?

Keliu, have you tried the mixture yet?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Keliu, have you tried the mixture yet?

No - I had to re-order the Tetra C so I'm waiting for it to arrive. As I usually apply an oil after rolling, I don't think I'm going to notice any immediate difference by applying this mixture though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

BFG

BFG, where is this quote from?

Lotusesther, a few posts back up the thread.

I am wondering what she means by that.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

BFG

I do believe Riley was asking about the portion italicized in red BFG. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I know. That was my response. She will know what that means by scrolling back up a few.

Thank you.

BFG
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

BFG

What is the question exactly? Is it aimed at me or at dr J and Dragon?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

At this point I have no idea Lotus, I am just totally confused as well? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Lotusesther, a few posts back up the thread.

I am wondering what she means by that.

BFG

Thank you. I will go back and read her post!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

At this point I have no idea Lotus, I am just totally confused as well? Embarassed

Nothing to be confused about. BFG asked Dr J or Dragon what they knew about Lotusesther's comment on the previous page that "there isn't any direct research about cytokines". I did not know where BFG got the quote and hence my question of where it came from, which she answered a few posts up!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Colostrum is a very potent anti-inflammatory. One of its functions is to suppress the inflammatory response of the baby to new things like food that can cause the digestive system to respond in an inflammatory way. It speeds wound healing too. Very gentle on the skin. I don't peel when I use it after rolling. For good measure I add some vitamin A and C to it, but that's a bit overkill as these vitamins are already present in colostrum. Normally cows can make their own C but the calf is given extra c by the mother until the digestion of the calf is functioning well.
Lots of research to be found through google scholar - don't be put off that there is no direct research as to skin care, there isn;t any about cytokines either...

Lotusesther, I did miss this post of yours, so I am glad BFG pointed it out. Are you using Colostrum topically and if so what product? I am interested in this as Environ sells one and at least on their facebook page it gets good reviews.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Nothing to be confused about. BFG asked Dr J or Dragon what they knew about Lotusesther's comment on the previous page that "there isn't any direct research about cytokines". I did not know where BFG got the quote and hence my question of where it came from, which she answered a few posts up!

My Bad,

I managed to miss the answer I guess! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

My Bad,

I managed to miss the answer I guess! Smile

LOL. No problem, just wanted to clear up any confusion!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
@ Rileygirl: I use colostrum topically, DIY. I posted the ingredient list of the environ gel in the environ topic some time ago - it also contains black cohosh as a hormone regulator. And Avalange has written about Epicuren some time ago on this forum.

You should bear in mind that colostrum is very perishable, and therefore any cream or gel will (and SHOULD) contain several preservatives. So IMO it's important to check the ingredient list for anything you might be sensitive for.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Lotusesther. Unfortunately, I don't DIY, but I will check the Epicuren and Environ and see which looks better.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kinetin,B3,NAG, Retinol, Borage Oil. Vit E, Lecithin, AA2G, B5, carnosine, Genistein, Proline, ALA ,Retinol, Glycerin,CoQ10, EGCG, PAL KTTKS few others back bone remains the same though..Chrysin, VitK. Depends on my mood.

No Creatine? LOL

BFG
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you, Lotusesther. Unfortunately, I don't DIY, but I will check the Epicuren and Environ and see which looks better.

iherb sells one by Vega Naturals:

by http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Vega-Sequel-Naturals-Colostrum-Rejuvenating-Cream-50-ml/22890/?p=1
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, RussianSunshine. I will look into that one, as well!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I've just ordered it! The postage to Oz was only $6.00 so I thought I'd give it a try as it also contains Vit A, C and E and essential oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I've just ordered it! The postage to Oz was only $6.00 so I thought I'd give it a try as it also contains Vit A, C and E and essential oils.

Let us know how you like it!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:09 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Let us know how you like it!

Will do. This is pretty interesting - maybe we should be taking bovine collagen supplements:

http://www.icnr.org/home-page/the-only-natural-source-of-igf-l-and-tgf-natures-most-powerful-anti-aging-substances.html

I'm already a Botox lover, maybe this is just what I need, more cow stuff - mooooooo!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I really look forward to hear how you like the cream! You have a lot of experience with skin care so there is much you can compare it with - I am only just a beginner.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Keliu, I really look forward to hear how you like the cream! You have a lot of experience with skin care so there is much you can compare it with - I am only just a beginner.

Thank you for that vote of confidence - just be aware that it's probably totally misplaced! I've given most things a try, but am yet to find that product or gadget that gives me that wow factor.

I was about to press the "buy"button on AnteAGE this morning (just the serum) - but the $200 for six weeks just gets to me. I've already booked in for six monthly laser treatments which are costing nearly as much - but I'm not frightened of the laser treatments (I've had too many) and I just think that they're money better spent.

The collostrum cream is probably just another lot of nonsense - but along with the A, C E and essential oils it does have MSM as well so that (and the price) made me give it a try.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |