Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Optimal Fibroblast Function
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 3:59 am      Reply with quote
There is a chart in Dr. Setterfield's book in which he lists the products most preferred for skin rejuvenation, in descending order of preference.

At the top of the list - growth factors. He mentions where they come from (plants, animals, etc.) but makes no specific recommendations.

Can someone provide examples? I am drawing a blank.

The rest of his list goes on to reflect the usual suspects: vitamins, copper peptides, DMAE, hyaluronic acid, aminos, minerals, etc.

BFG
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I am not quite sure about your question. There are plenty of products out there with growth hormones, you can even buy EGF for DIY skincare. There are also several short articles to be found on preparations with cytokines and growth factors. Gold and Goldman, from Gold Skin Care Centre in Nashville, have published some articles. Maybe you could contact their skin care centre to find out if they use cytokine and growth factor serums in conjunction with derma rolling?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17373178
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I am not quite sure about your question. There are plenty of products out there with growth hormones, you can even buy EGF for DIY skincare. There are also several short articles to be found on preparations with cytokines and growth factors. Gold and Goldman, from Gold Skin Care Centre in Nashville, have published some articles. Maybe you could contact their skin care centre to find out if they use cytokine and growth factor serums in conjunction with derma rolling?

Great article Lotus,

I see they used cultured human fetal skin cells in the study!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

Kinetin is also a cytokine and much more readily available than human growth factors.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
You can read all about Kinetin here it is almost my age discovered in 1955, a plant horemone:

1955: Kinetin Arrives. The 50th Anniversary of a New Plant Hormone

Richard Amasino*
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706

http://www.plantphysiol.org/content/138/3/1177.full.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:22 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

Kinetin is also a cytokine and much more readily available than human growth factors.

I didn't realize Kinetin is a cytokine. Shock Thank you fawnie!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
It's a cytokinine, which is something not quite the same

http://employees.csbsju.edu/ssaupe/biol327/Lecture/cytokinin.htm

Basically, a plant growth hormone. Which brings us back to plant stem cells, meristem extracts (cytokinines are found in the hair roots of plants, where growth is continuous) et cetera. Kinetin is also found in coconut water and coconut milk.
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Interesting, thank you Lotuesther Smile Especially interesting about it being found in coconut water and milk. I wonder if it is also found in coconut oil and if there is any benefit in consuming Kinetin internally. That's definitely not something I've heard before!
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
There is a chart in Dr. Setterfield's book in which he lists the products most preferred for skin rejuvenation, in descending order of preference.

At the top of the list - growth factors. He mentions where they come from (plants, animals, etc.) but makes no specific recommendations.

Can someone provide examples? I am drawing a blank.

The rest of his list goes on to reflect the usual suspects: vitamins, copper peptides, DMAE, hyaluronic acid, aminos, minerals, etc.

BFG

BFG, I realize that the Dr. didn't recommend products, but by any chance did he mention what types of growth factors are best, either plant, animal or human based? I would assume human based, but just curious if he noted a preference.
(I'm wondering if SkinMedica TNS might be a good addition to dermarolling. Has anyone asked Dr. DF about using TNS, along with the Environ A & C product?)
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Although, I must say that the results (before and after pics) from the Environ treatment (A and C) along with PCI (needling) is obviously working very, very well. I don't feel a need to change Dr. Fernandes' protocol by adding anything new, cytokines, growth factors or otherwise, until Dr. F suggests doing so...his current method works, that much is quite clear to me, so I'm sticking with the Environ method. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |