Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help me out
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
some_one

Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is dry and splotchy. I have sun spots near my eyes from (I assume) my glasses, and have blackheads all around.

I've used some stuff from Neutrogena and similar companies, but they seem to only dry out my skin. I really don't have an acne problem, just dry skin and blackheads.

So basically I need to even out the sun spots, get rid of blackheads and prevent them, andmoisten my skin.

Give me some advice or some products that are great. By the way I ordered some Microdermx and Silkia's camellia oil, and am looking into Vitamin C.

Thanks in advance
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Have you been using products geared for acne/blackhead skintypes? They are probably what is drying your skin out and causing the splotchyness.

If you try vit. C they can be quite drying. I've read the vivier one is least drying. But you still need to use a good moisturizer with it.

The epidermX will help with blackheads, but be carefull not to overscrub!!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
The Epidermx will help with blackheads. May I ask why you ordered both Camellia oils? Wink
I think you will find the Epiderm's is lighter and sinks in faster than other on the market.
Did you buy the porcelain bar with it? this is a great bar cleanser (soap-free). There may not be alot more that you need, the Epidermx and Camellia oil work very nice and then just a cleanser.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think that was the brand of camellia oil. To be honest I think those items I have been using have given me more blackheads and blemishes. As far as vitamin C, I used to wash my face with a slice of lemon daily a while back. It seemed to leave my skin neutral. I used it because I heard it helped with freckles/blemishes.

I really need to get rid of these blackheads and sun spots. You would think I don't take of my skin the way it looks, but I do.
Mabsy

Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely suggest a vitamin C serum, that should help with the spots (to an extent) and any existing sun damage. It should also make your skin tone more even and give it a bit of a healthy glow.

In terms of blackheads and moisture there are quite a few products that I would recommend. I have been using the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and found that this by itself has got rid of blackheads and reduced the size of my pores. It took about 2 weeks to see results and the tube lasts one month and costs under $20 - so it's not too expensive to give it a go. I have also had good results with the use of Essential Balm from Decleor - this is target at congested skin. If you wanted to go the natural route you could get Decleor Aromessence Angelique (this is an oil for dry skins) and then use the Essential Balm over it at night for about 2 weeks (then have a break from the Essential Balm but continue with the Angelique).
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with Mabsy, the vit C gives a really nice glow! It's helped with my acne scars too!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
2nd on the C serum! This in the AM plus Retin-a at night cleared away all of my hyperpigmentation. A good AHA product once/twice each week helped, too.
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Some_one, dermalogica's microfoliant is good at banishing blackheads. It has loads of rave reviews on the Eds forum and a it lasts ages. But, I do think it's important not to scrub the exfoliator on your skin too hard and just gently scrub on the face instead.

Also, have you tried those black head strip type things available on the high street? I'm based in the UK, and I got these black head removing 'strips' from Boots. Biorre and T-Zone sell small white strips that stick onto the skin (the strips are usually designed to fit on the nose) and then you peel the strip off and take off loads of gunk from your nose!!!! I'm sorry my description of this product is a bit vague...but let me know if you need more info.

Lianne, can you tell me vit. c helped with your scars? I have some nasty scars on my cheek and I find that this area scars so much more than other areas on my face such as my forehead or chin. I'm searching for the best scar removing product at the moment.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yazzy, is dermalogica's microfoliant good for daily use?? I've been using it everyday since last month, but i heard that you shouldn't exfloliate everyday.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yazzy,

I generally only get the scars that last a couple weeks after a zit heals and they've completely gone away. The phyto gels are more for discolourations than the vit C...Someone put up a post about it in the last few days..in the skincare forum
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Christine, dermalogica suggest that their microfoliant is gentle enough to use everyday. Before I tried dermalogica's microfoliant, I did feel that exfoliating everyday was a bit over-the-top Shock but, their product is really great and it isn't too harsh to use everyday at all.

Having said that, you can always cater the use of this product to your needs....if you feel like using it every other day, I don't think that would be bad.... Question Anyone else know about this Question
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |