Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

REVIEW: ReLuma Skin Illuminating Anti Age Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I am glad I did this, my results are the same, but what I did leave out is I do wash off makeup first with one of 80000 cleansers I have. I do not want to waste this ingredient on washing makeup off and rinsing! I've used a different cleanser to remove make-up since I got this and just forgot to add it in. I could test if it removes make-up or not, but I feel that's a total waste.

After less than 2 minutes this sinks in, or to the touch feels as if it does, it does not "mask" up at all. When you add water either with the brush or just to the face it comes to life again and cleans away!

I also forgot to add, after a minute or two of applying all products, there's a definite firming up that I feel. NOT tight, ect. just a nice firming! This has been from the beginning.

The directions say to let the serum sink in fully before applying cream, I've followed that the entire time.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Ok I am glad I did this, my results are the same, but what I did leave out is I do wash off makeup first with one of 80000 cleansers I have. I do not want to waste this ingredient on washing makeup off and rinsing! I've used a different cleanser to remove make-up since I got this and just forgot to add it in. I could test if it removes make-up or not, but I feel that's a total waste.

After less than 2 minutes this sinks in, or to the touch feels as if it does, it does not "mask" up at all. When you add water either with the brush or just to the face it comes to life again and cleans away!

I also forgot to add, after a minute or two of applying all products, there's a definite firming up that I feel. NOT tight, ect. just a nice firming! This has been from the beginning.

The directions say to let the serum sink in fully before applying cream, I've followed that the entire time.

Thanks Tiny,

That will work perfectly for me in the evening as I can cleanse with OCM first to get all products and makeup off, and then use this as you just described! Very Happy

Nice to know on the firming effect with no tight feeling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
So is this better than AnteAge? What's the scoop?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 2:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I know I cannot answer this as I have not used the AnteAGE, neither has Tiny and as DM only ordered today she cannot possibly compare yet.

It is a good question and as such I think it might be worth sometime in the future starting a new thread. So that this one remains about Reluma. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
bethany wrote:

I know I cannot answer this as I have not used the AnteAGE, neither has Tiny and as DM only ordered today she cannot possibly compare yet.

It is a good question and as such I think it might be worth sometime in the future starting a new thread. So that this one remains about Reluma. Wink

There is a thread on the science already with the doc's input on it.

I suppose I could compare my thoughts there once I have tried the ReLuma that is on order, being the only one that has used the AnteAge.

@Bethany are you interested in purchasing this also, You are reordering the AnteAge correct, and also are using the Envirion products?

Well here is that thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=45705

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 7:05 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Bethany, there is no way too tell, its way too early. The only reason I ordered this is it has the cytokines and a fantastic reputation. When I was searching for information on this ingredient, I found Re Luma, and it was on sale for almost half price of the other 2 being used on this forum. So the price got me to try it, the results will keep me using it now!

Since the ISCO thread is barely recognizable as such, I'd prefer to not mix this one, if possible. I think DM put up a link where the differences between these two are discussed. Perhaps if there are any questions, they can be dissected there!
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Lifeline didn't do anything for me, ReLuma was my 1st choice to buy but didn't get. Dr. J does mention ReLuma on his blog.

Has anyone tried their Eye Cream? I just saw CellVitals has it on sale. Tempted...
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Lifeline didn't do anything for me, ReLuma was my 1st choice to buy but didn't get. Dr. J does mention ReLuma on his blog.

Has anyone tried their Eye Cream? I just saw CellVitals has it on sale. Tempted...

Their eyecream has fantastic reviews, I am tempted to add it as well! My results around my eyes are only from the serum and face cream, and so far I am impressed with the results! I am also impressed that I am not having to wait for months to see results that will keep me going. They also state one should see results by 4 weeks. The reviews seem to also back this up.

For the price (at least on sale) I am a very happy camper!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

The set includes a serum, cream (moisturizer) and the cleanser (almost a cleanser and mask in one) I am waiting on mine but plan on using the serum and cream around my eyes.
I know from what Tiny posted she is with some great results! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
loopylori wrote:
bethany wrote:

There is a thread on the science already with the doc's input on it.

I suppose I could compare my thoughts there once I have tried the ReLuma that is on order, being the only one that has used the AnteAge.

@Bethany are you interested in purchasing this also, You are reordering the AnteAge correct, and also are using the Envirion products?

Well here is that thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=45705

I am definitely asking from a science standpoint...I have not heard of Reluma until now, and didn't realize there were multiple cytokine products to consider. I would be silly not to want to better understand all the options!

I'll read the background on the link you shared, and that will determine what I order. But I will not be using more than one cytokine product, nor will I be giving up the Environ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, there is no way too tell, its way too early. The only reason I ordered this is it has the cytokines and a fantastic reputation. When I was searching for information on this ingredient, I found Re Luma, and it was on sale for almost half price of the other 2 being used on this forum. So the price got me to try it, the results will keep me using it now!

Since the ISCO thread is barely recognizable as such, I'd prefer to not mix this one, if possible. I think DM put up a link where the differences between these two are discussed. Perhaps if there are any questions, they can be dissected there!

Thanks Tiny - I had no idea there was another discussion so I will check that out.

But good luck keeping your thread "pure,"...my Cure product review thread has turned into an Egyptian Magic thread, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tiny wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks Tiny - I had no idea there was another discussion so I will check that out.

But good luck keeping your thread "pure,"...my Cure product review thread has turned into an Egyptian Magic thread, lol.

Bethany, it can take twists and turns, but anything to do with this ingredient becomes a science lesson from hell. We have tons of threads that discuss this ad nauseum. I'd like to keep this about results, there is a thread were the science on this product and the various others are discussed, DarkMoon provided it! Thanks for understanding Wink
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
In case anyone is wondering about this Company here is a link to their site, full of information. They work with Doctors and surgeons all over the world and are very highly thought of. They do not just work in skincare, they work in wound healing as well.

http://invitrxtherapeutics.squarespace.com/reluma/

Truth In Aging

http://www.truthinaging.com/

has an interview with them on their site as well

and it appears bloggers even love this product:

http://www.stylebistro.com/Fashion+Forum/articles/Mt18a39jQS6/ReLuma+Skin+Illuminating+Anti+aging+Serum

and a very good article:

http://www.europeansi.com/reluma.html
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Tiny, are the products packaged in clear, transparent bottles? It's hard to tell from looking at images online.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I found these recommendations for Reluma:
FOR PREVENTIVE TREATMENT IN YOUNGER SKINS (approximately 20-30 years old)

Use as follows:

For the first 3 to 4 weeks:
ReLuma is applied twice daily. After this initial time, apply only once a day.
After the 3 months: Apply 2 to 3 times per week, at night only to maintain results.

FOR ADVANCED ANTI-AGING TREATMENT, SUN-DAMAGE, ROSACEA

Use as follows:

For the first 3 months:
Apply ReLuma twice daily (morning and night).
After the 3rd month: Apply once daily at night.
After 6 months: Apply 2 or 3 times per week at night.
http://www.relumaforprofessionals.com/usage.php

I think it is very interesting that depending on your age as to when you reduce the usage, the final amount is just 2-3 times per week. If it works, this could be very cost effective.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
another blogger that from looking around does not rave on products without a good reason:

http://zoephoenix.hubpages.com/hub/Reluma-Anti-Aging-Serum-Reviews-Turn-Back-the-Clock

I am proof that the comments left on that blog are false. The product is very available
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Tiny, are the products packaged in clear, transparent bottles? It's hard to tell from looking at images online.

clear/opaque, very easy to see how much product is used.

eta: airless pump bottles
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I found these recommendations for Reluma:
FOR PREVENTIVE TREATMENT IN YOUNGER SKINS (approximately 20-30 years old)

Use as follows:

For the first 3 to 4 weeks:
ReLuma is applied twice daily. After this initial time, apply only once a day.
After the 3 months: Apply 2 to 3 times per week, at night only to maintain results.

FOR ADVANCED ANTI-AGING TREATMENT, SUN-DAMAGE, ROSACEA

Use as follows:

For the first 3 months:
Apply ReLuma twice daily (morning and night).
After the 3rd month: Apply once daily at night.
After 6 months: Apply 2 or 3 times per week at night.
http://www.relumaforprofessionals.com/usage.php

I think it is very interesting that depending on your age as to when you reduce the usage, the final amount is just 2-3 times per week. If it works, this could be very cost effective.

My thoughts as well! Thanks for posting this!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley for the great post, and Tiny for all the informative links! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

Don't you worry about ingredients degrading when they are exposed to light/sunlight, even though packaged in an airless pump bottle?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
loopyLori

Which site did you order from.Im from the uk and am now definitely "lemming" this.?

What is the matter with me, I think I have a skincare,shopping * spam alert * Exclamation

I just cant stop ordering things Laughing

My poor poor CC

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

Don't you worry about ingredients degrading when they are exposed to light/sunlight, even though packaged in an airless pump bottle?

No I really don't, I do not set my products on a window seal, and if normal lighting degrades to the point of ineffective, then I would think I wouldn't be seeing the results I am. I guess I could take duck tape and wrap them, might not be a bad idea, but I normally don't worrry about it at all.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:58 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
loopyLori

Which site did you order from.Im from the uk and am now definitely "lemming" this.?

What is the matter with me, I think I have a skincare,shopping * spam alert * Exclamation

My poor poor CC

I expect DM will let you use her CC. Laughing
I understand completely EDS is the most expensive forum to join in the world.
Here is the link
http://www.truthinaging.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=reluma

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
No I really don't, I do not set my products on a window seal, and if normal lighting degrades to the point of ineffective, then I would think I wouldn't be seeing the results I am. I guess I could take duck tape and wrap them, might not be a bad idea, but I normally don't worrry about it at all.

You could always do what I do with DIY airless pump bottles....use the slick waterproof mailing stick on labels if that worried!

Works great!

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
10Sylvia5 wrote:
loopyLori

My poor poor CC

I expect DM will let you use her CC. Laughing
I understand completely EDS is the most expensive forum to join in the world.
Here is the link
http://www.truthinaging.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=reluma

LMAO, How many of you all am I adopting? Bad Grin

I just found another goody they make! I want!! I don't believe I see any prostaglandins in there!Smile

ReLuma LASH (Stem Cell Eye Lash Growth Serum)

Regular Price: $95.00
Special Price: $80.75

DETAILS

A few seconds a day can lead to dramatic eyelashes. Grow thicker, longer, and darker eye lashes with the stem cell rejuvenation power of ReLuma LASH. It stimulates your body’s natural self-renewing processes with patent pending human stem cell wound healing bioscience technology.

Each application of this revolutionary eyelash growth serum will invigorate your eye lash hair follicles with its 387 growth factors cytokines including (TGF-B, PDGF, and GM-CSG), interleukins, and matrix proteins. The lightweight texture penetrates the lash follicles for optimal efficacy and works well when applied before other cosmetics. Completely safe and natural without the unpleasant side effects commonly associated with more aggressive cosmetic therapies, drugs, and products. The benefits of ReLuma LASH are:

Length can be increased when ReLuma LASH extends the growth phase of hair by inhibiting the onset of the regression phase.
Thickness and fullness are amplified when cytokines and growth factors signal dermal papilla cells found at the base of the hair follicle to flourish, potentially increasing the diameter of the strand.
Darker lashes can be achieved from increased pigment production called melanogenesis.
Ingredients: Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Glycerin, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gluconolactone, Panthenol, Allantoin, Sodium PCA, Loeth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Water

http://www.cellvitals.com/stem-cell-eye-care/reluma-stem-cell-eye-lash

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |