Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

foot care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lsilva7
5% products discount

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi What is the best way to remedy dry skin on bottom of feet? Especially know that it is sandal weather? What is best moisturizer for feet also? I used to use vaseline which worked great but I know understand vaseline is not good for you due to petroleum.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
The hubby has an extreme hereditary condition that produces dry feet and cracking.
What works for him is routine pedis, and in between soaking his feet in a solution of ACV and a bit of warm water for an hour and then sloughing it off with a really good foot file.
He follows that by Lac Hydrin (RX strength) and after that soaks in Aquaphor and cotton socks for the night. It really does help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 am      Reply with quote
There have been a good number of threads on this, it would be worth running an advanced search. Wink

Use a combination of a humectant/ keratolytic and an emollient/ occlusive. Skin needs to be hydrated for the natural exfoliation process to take place efficiently. In a clinical setting usually a high percentage of urea or lactic acid is used in combination with lanolin or a product rich in long chain saturated fatty acids (palm fruit, shea butter, cocoa butter if you prefer natural). A good commercial product is Flexitol Naturals Heel Balm but you might be able to get an even higher percentage urea/ lanolin from a pharmacist.

Be careful with soaking/ 'wetting' the area: this leaches out the skin's Natural Moisturising Factors which are exactly the compounds you are trying to replace with the urea and lactic acid! Shock Most people amply soak their feet with a daily shower.

Also be careful with scrubbing or filing the feet because the damage triggers the repair/ keratinisation process so you end up with more skin. Sometimes it is necessary to remove some hard skin to speed up the process, I use a professional corn plane
http://www.amazon.com/Corn-Plane-Removable-Gosol-Germany/dp/B00475S1KU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338650858&sr=8-2
Alternatively you can do a simple AHA or combo peel as you might on your face, not sure why so many use vinegar because acetic acid is not keratolytic AFAIK.

Lastly try not to cleanse with alkaline soaps or sulphate surfactant body washes and shampoos because in a diluted form these will be in contact with your feet throughout your shower. These dehydrate and irritate the skin.

HTH! Smile

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
radicallan
5% products discount

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 am      Reply with quote
firefox nailed it i think. my mum has awful feet (love her though!) she uses something called a 'pedegg' which manually gets the dry/dead skin off.

i think if it was me and they were mega bad i'd use a lactic acid peel, then use a lactic acid lotion like palmers smoothing lotion which has LA/SA in it overnight wearing socks. you could always layer vaseline on top, i've heard a lot of people do that at night. i can't sleep with socks on though Shock
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 am      Reply with quote
The Microplane Pro XL is what the Pedegg only hoped to be!

This is the best foot file I have ever used....the file removes the dead skin, and the buffer makes it super smooth.

http://www.amazon.com/Microplane-Foot-File-Pro-Black/dp/B002Z635Z4/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1337395141&sr=1-1

5% products discount

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
the uk always get second best Sad
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Radicallan,
The LA lotion is helpful...but the thingy Bethany posted...those are good too. Works on feet dry as well.

Mmmhmm...you need one of those do you? Wink

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Try the ACV in a small warm tub of water, just a half a cup and soak for 15 minutes! Cheap and effective, Then just use any foot file or even a rough towel and the dead skin just rolls away! Smile

5% products discount

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
no dragon, how dare you Laughing i prefer those fish tanks where they bite the dead skin off your feet, you're feeding fish and keeping your feet soft.. Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Radicallan,
The LA lotion is helpful...but the thingy Bethany posted...those are good too. Works on feet dry as well.

The Microplane actually works best on dry feet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
radicallan wrote:
no dragon, how dare you Laughing i prefer those fish tanks where they bite the dead skin off your feet, you're feeding fish and keeping your feet soft.. Wink

I would love to try that!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen the fish thing. It really creeped me out. In a watch the train wreck sort of way.

DH has a major problem with this. He files dry!

Hadn't thought to do acid on his feet. That could be interesting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Philosophy Soul Owner foot cream is great. It only costs about $14. Just put it on your feet for a few nights before bed (no socks on over) and in a few days you can just rub the dead skin off the sides of your feet and heels in the shower with your hands or a pumice or exfoliator sponge. And it makes your feet really soft. I agree that the microplane is really good too but should be used on dry feet.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
ingredients:water (aqua), glycolic acid, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl stearate se, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, propylene glycol, sorbitan stearate, sorbitol, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, sd alcohol 40b, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, salicylic acid, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, blue 1 (ci 42090).

Thank you Jom.

Have made it with glycolic and SA before, but like the effect with LA and glycolic as well. Lactic makes for soft feeties...and mine are really neglected for the most part.

Bought a blade...we're talking hide here.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
ingredients:water (aqua), glycolic acid, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl stearate se, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, propylene glycol, sorbitan stearate, sorbitol, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, sd alcohol 40b, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, salicylic acid, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, blue 1 (ci 42090).

Thank you Jom.

Have made it with glycolic and SA before, but like the effect with LA and glycolic as well. Lactic makes for soft feeties...and mine are really neglected for the most part.

Bought a blade...we're talking hide here.

Ouch! Blade sounds scary. I think you'd be better off with the microplane!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:08 am      Reply with quote
radicallan wrote:
the uk always get second best Sad

Oh I dunno, it has you and I. Bad Grin

jom wrote:

Ouch! Blade sounds scary. I think you'd be better off with the microplane!

Using something like a corn plane isn't really that different to using a razor to shave the legs or face. I cut myself twice the first time because I was over-enthusiastic, but once you get the technique that doesn't happen. In my case the soles are plenty thick enough on the soles for there to be a 'margin of error'.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
There have been several good foot creams here on EDS, Ahava has one that is great. But the LacHydrin works best, although it can make the feet slippery.
The soaking and filing was recommended by the doctor/derm but he did warn not to be over zealous and create sore spots. The ACV works wonders in eating off that dead skin.
I was remembering that I make up a solution from time time of castor oil, olive oil, tea tree oil & a bit of seabuckthorn oil for him, that really does make them feel soft and lasts a while.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Isilva7, all I do is apply Vaseline brand Cocoa Butter body lotion to my feet after every shower/bath and then put on my socks right after (while the lotion is still sinking in). My feet are perfectly smooth and no calluses or hard tissue etc. I don't use any sorts of files or anything. That's all I do and it works. Been doing this for years! Smile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Just want to say a BIG thank you for all the foot things here.

I have horrible alligator feet( too much time wandering round in my bare feet, think I was born in a field Laughing )

Anyway I did the ACV thing with my feet last pm( little minx wasnt sleeping so I was awake too loverly), then used my Pedegg and then cracked heel cream.

feet now adult alligator, rather than geriatric alligator Rolling Eyes

I figure if 2nd child is still not sleeping, then we may just get down to pediatric alligator.

Thanks everyone
Bad Grin

5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody for the tips
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
It is an ongoing process though and doesn't happen overnight so just keep at it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Amazon.co.uk sells Microplane for £26.95

hth
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I can tell you one thing that made me almost a goddess in the eyes of my step mother Smile

I bought for her Sof'Feet Softening Cream.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006NXOZY/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_3p_dp_1_B

It supposed to be used along with Sof'Feet Callus Reducer:
http://www.amazon.com/SofFeet-Callus-Reducer-Replacement-Screens/dp/B0001LH6UA/ref=pd_sim_hpc_4

She is too lazy to use the second one, but she is applying the cream every night and she swears by it.
She can't thank me enough for her new baby-like feet.

Unfortunately, i can't confirm, because i am too lazy to apply it every day and you have to put socks each time, because the cream stays on top.

Still, for $13 for this huge jar it definitely worth trying.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have the best luck with the micro plane. I've used lotions before like amlactin,ect but the file works the fastest and keeps them very soft. It's a nicer quality than the ped egg and more ergonomic. The ped egg works ok but I like the micro.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the ped egg, and ended up with very smooth feet for a day Shock ! then for months afterwards they were worse! Anyone else ever experience this Confused ! A simple high grit finger nail file works just peachy for me, then several coats of lotoin! done
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |