Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Which Skin Active's serum is be best for buiding collagen...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Which is best for building collagen...Let's Make Collagen:
Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben

or Vitamin C Serum:

Serum: Water, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Phloretin, Pomegranate Seed (Punica granatum) Oil, Tocotrienols, Vitamin E Oil (Alpha-D-Tocopherol), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum, Citrus Essential Oils, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid.

Powder: Ascorbic Acid (L) (Vitamin C), Lemon (Citrus limon) Extract, Orange (Citrus sinensis) Extract.

I am using just the Vitamin C serum now, but would like to switch off every other day with Let's Make Collagen as I use Retin A at night and my skin is so sensitive that using the Vit C serum daily is too irritating.

Should I switch off or just use the Let's Make Collagen?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I suspect the pros and cons of each have been discussed before, have you run a search?

Lets Make Collagen does contain vitamin C - magnesium ascorbyl phosphate - do you know how much? IIRC vit C and green tea extract don't play nicely together. Second serum: what is the pH and what is the percentage of C once the powder is added?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
The Vit. C serum has 20% LAA. Unfortunately I don't know more about the Let's Make Collagen one. I searched the boards but couldn't find anything.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
The Vit. C serum has 20% LAA. Unfortunately I don't know more about the Let's Make Collagen one. I searched the boards but couldn't find anything.

If you repurchase the SA C with serum and powder you can adjust that percentage by adding less powder! I do use at 20% but have no issues with irritation from anything!

If the RA is too much for you then you can do every other other night for a while until your skin adjusts, even only 3 time a week!

The C serum can also be used every three days as LAA stays in the skin for 72 hours.

I have not used the LMC but many members who use both LAA and RA do so I doubt it is an issue!

If you are just starting any product it is always best to ease in to using more often IMHO! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:

That is pH 2 which is perhaps a thousand times more acidic than healthy skin, about the same as applying pure lemon juice! IMO it doesn't really make any sense to apply something so irritant to sensitive skin when there are other effective but far gentler forms of vitamin C available. Maybe ask SkinActives what the MAP percentage of the Lets Make Collagen is, and how they are ensuring the green tea doesn't interact with the vitamin C? I believe they are a helpful company. Wink

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
is 10 or 15% Vitamin C concentration effective for collagen building? Can I buffer my current Vit C 20% to change the pH to a more beneficial to sensitive skin formula?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
is 10 or 15% Vitamin C concentration effective for collagen building? Can I buffer my current Vit C 20% to change the pH to a more beneficial to sensitive skin formula?

10% L-AA is effective and is considered the gold standard by many, the best balance between efficacy and detrimental effects. IIRC same of MAP and much less of AA2G. L-AA absorbs best at a pH of ~3 which is still pretty acidic but better even in the short term; do check the favoured pH of all the other ingredients before adjusting the serum you have. Healthy skin is ~5.5 but the scale is logarithmic - every one point is ten times more potent than the one before, so 3.5 is one hundred times more acidic (10 x 10) than 5.5. Shock

This site considers the science, published studies are linked to from the 'detailed description' tab which you can see once you click on each active.
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/-strse-Antioxidants/Categories.bok

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |