Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Gather Gadget Girls! How do I use these tools???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
iseolt
5% products discount

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I just purchased a Facemate 330. Wasn't expecting it to come with so little information - especially on use!

I've spent the last 6 days reading (I think!) every post/thread on this ultrasound 'gadget'. Even read some many times over.

Just how do I use it? Does it matter where it is placed like microcurrent?

Are there any REAL instructions - you know, for us timid users?

Out of *thousands* of posts I read one in particular *really* sticks out still... it said......"I saw some sagging"...well, my lower lip has been sagging since I read that! LOL

I know to use 3mghz NOT 1 on the face. Okay - now where do I put it? When I move it, do I do circles, up and down? up and out at an angle? How about around the eyes and forehead?

Am I making this more of an issue than need be?

Concerning the microcurrent the unit says it can do: Is it like the Nuface? or Facemaster? or the Tua Trend where you have to place it percisely?

Boy do I feel (stupid!) I can't figure this out - especially after all the reading I've done!

And can I also use by BQ with this? Same time? Different time/day? (I have to say I don't use it that much, it takes up so much time!) - but the more I've read about it, it sounds like a benefit to my skin if I stick with it.

Sorry so many questions - just don't know what to do right now with this new gadget.

Thanks!
Issy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi issy,

Did you by chance read this thread?

Facemate users - help!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26203

5% products discount

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes I read that! I remember Friday night reading thinking "wow! 2007?" It's still around? LOL...

But still confused. Not sure where to place it - I know I read to move it around - but not sure where? And do I move it constantly?

Wow, am I really missing something here???? Smile

thanks!
Issy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
iseolt wrote:
Oh yes I read that! I remember Friday night reading thinking "wow! 2007?" It's still around? LOL...

But still confused. Not sure where to place it - I know I read to move it around - but not sure where? And do I move it constantly?

Wow, am I really missing something here???? Smile

thanks!
Issy

Sorry I have an ultrasound handheld unit and I just move it, I strokes going upwards.

Avoiding eyes as I am sure I read that is a major no no!

Wish I could help more! Smile

5% products discount

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Okay!

I've figured a few things out except 1:

How to I get it to just do the Ion setting?

I read you can do that after using the ultrasound or mixed wave setting.

Or am I getting this wrong?

oh dear! Smile

Thanks!
Issy
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting...you know 3 Mhz not 1 Mhz based on what precisely?

Do you have that research available?

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
iseolt
5% products discount

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Not sure where you are going here, DragoN with that.

I have had many years of ems, tens, ultrasound for various injuries from an accident. Then, ultrasound was not used for the face for any sort of rejuvenation - at least not publicly so.

From what I've read 3mhz seems safest - but from what you say - you've used 1mhz on your face with no adverse effects? (at least none showing so far?)

As to whether the Facemate ES 330 that I just purchased is actually 1 or 3 mhz remains to be seen. They may not be that at all. So, should I have it somehow tested to prove or disprove this?

I'm on the edge as to how much of a guinea pig I want to be - especially on my face! - this, not knowing much about this particular machine (except for what I've read) is a bold step for me to take.

Except I can't quite program it yet. No matter what settings I aim for, something keeps flashing as if to select it again.

The conductive gel hasn't arrived yet, but did try it out on my knee last night with aloe vera.

I'll try calling the seller again to see if I can get any help with programming the unit. The miniscule pamphlet I received is not only lacking basic usage instructions the grammer is a bit challenging as well.

Issy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Issy,

You may have seen this already, but it shows the settings in pictures as well as written under settings tab, and has the specs on another tab?

http://www.ehealthandbeauty.com/facemate_es330_settings_ehealthandbeauty.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
IMO the best thing to do would be to contact Facemate's manufacturer for specific additional instructions on using the gadget.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |