Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
cherry angiomas and evening primrose oil. PLEASE HELP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am 27. I started developing cherry angiomas around 26 and now a ton of them have appeared. This is a huge source of insecurity and depression for me. I feel so self conscious about these. I almost didn't even want to post about this. I know I can get these lasered off, but some are on my breasts. I'm afraid to have a laser go anywhere near my breasts.

I started taking evening primrose oil around 26 and I'm not sure if this could be a reason that more of them appeared, but it started happening around that time. An esthetician suggested evening primrose oil to me just as something that can help contribute to good skin. I don't have any big skin issues other than these cherry angiomas and some hyperpigmentation spots here and there.

I'm really hoping to get some responses from some of the members on this forum who seem to know a lot about supplements. I need some answers. I know they call these "senile angiomas", but I don't think I'm old yet.. Sad

I just want these to stop appearing. I want to get them lasered off as well, but I am a bit leery of lasers.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ciao Bella!

I have the same problem. They are all over my body, even a couple of small ones on my forehead. I asked my dermatologist how much she'd charge me to remove them, and she said she could take off about 5 of them for $100. Shock Well, I think I probably have well over 100 on my body, so I'm not paying $2000 or more to get rid of them.

So I started to search online and came upon this site: http://www.blemish-free.com/CherryAngioma.html They have an at-home cherry angioma remover that can get rid of 40-50 of them for about $90. That is more my speed. I'm in the process of losing weight still, so I'm going to buy this when I reach a certain weight loss goal. I can't wait. I hate those things.

Hope this helps you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Me, too! I noticed one or two about 5 years ago and now have hundreds of the little blighters.

Bella - If it's any consolation, no one else has ever noticed mine (or at least they haven't said anything, despite most of my friends and family tendency to be extremely blunt).

I reckon we probably hate them so much because we know they're there and focus our attention upon them - yet they're actually not very apparent to others.

Sandooch - If you do try this, please report back on how you get on.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:47 am      Reply with quote
That blemish free site is selling liquid nitrogen.

I had some sun damage removed by that method. It works. It freeze burns the skin so that it drops off.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
That blemish free site is selling liquid nitrogen.

I had some sun damage removed by that method. It works. It freeze burns the skin so that it drops off.

Yes, much the same way as those Freeze-Off Wart Removers work. I've even used those for my skin tags and they worked great (even better...just use a sterilized cuticle nipper; it's fast and almost painless), but I wouldn't use a wart remover for cherry angiomas.

I will be sure to come back here to report how the other product works when I finally do order it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sandooch, please do let us know if you end up trying it. I'm kind of afraid to use chemicals like that on my skin and the fact that it burns the skin really scares me. Some of mine are so tiny that you really have to look closely to see them and it seems like for that product to work, the angioma would have to be a decent size. I only have a few that are even the size of a pin head. I'd be afraid to use that stuff on more sensitive areas because I don'tknow what it would do to the rest of the skin, you know? I think I'm going to try a v-beam laser because I've heard that it targets red pigment.

I think you should look into another derm who has a v-beam laser or something that targets red pigment. It shouldn't cost that much just to remove 5! Was she going to freeze them off or something? I was told 250-400 (using a v-beam) depending on how large the area that needs to be treated is.

Majorb, thanks. Smile No one has ever pointed mine out either, but like you said, I know they're there. I tend to freak out over small things and I'm kind of obsessed with having nice skin. I just don't like these things and they make me feel very self conscious. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |