Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Raspberry Ketones
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies - Have any of you tried Raspberry Ketones? Dr. Oz raved about them to shrink fat cells. Thinking of trying them and wondering if anyone had any success?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
According to Dr Oz. A tad premature to rave IMO.
"What did scientists do in the lab?
In one experiment, to test the effect on obesity, mice were fed a high-fat diet plus raspberry ketone for about 10 weeks. Other experiments were carried out in vitro (in test tubes, petri dishes, etc.).

What did scientists learn about fat cells?
Researchers observed that, compared to controls, raspberry ketone decreased the amount of fat in the liver and visceral adipose (abdominal fat) tissues of mice. It also significantly increased norepinephrine-induced lipolysis (the decomposition of fat) in some rat fat cells.

Researchers also tested in vitro fat cells with raspberry ketone and found that they showed greater evidence of breakdown when compared to controls.

What did scientists conclude?
They concluded that raspberry ketone prevents and improves obesity and fatty liver in certain animal models. While the exact mechanism has not been thoroughly understood, these effects appear to stem from the action of raspberry ketone in altering the lipid metabolism, or more specifically, in increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in white adipocytes (fat cells).

Scientists speculate that raspberry ketone stimulates the energy metabolism via a mechanism similar to that of capsaicin. Capsaicin, a compound found in chili peppers, has been looked at in humans for weight loss.

In another study, the effect of raspberry ketone on energy metabolism was examined by measuring metabolic markers in brown fat tissue, a special kind of fat that generates heat in a process called thermogenesis. These results reportedly indicate that raspberry ketone activates the brown fat thermogenesis and enhances energy metabolism. In any case, more detailed studies are called for to determine a mechanism for raspberry ketone.

What do the animal data on raspberry ketone mean for humans?
Mice and rats are the most widely used animal models in biomedical research. It is important to note that besides being non-human mammals, these animals are housed under standard laboratory conditions, and the use of overweight and unstimulated animals as standard controls may bias the measured experimental outcomes.

Animal models and test tube experiments are important parts of scientific discovery and innovation, especially at early stages. Positive early results in the lab can be promising, but these do not always mean the same outcomes will occur in humans.

References
Koeduka T, Watanabe B, Suzuki S, Hiratake J, Mano J, Yazaki K. Characterization of raspberry ketone/zingerone synthase, catalyzing the alpha, beta-hydrogenation of phenylbutenones in raspberry fruits. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;412(1):104-8.

Tateiwa J I, Horiuchi H, Hashimoto K, Yamauchi T, Uemura S. Cation-exchanged montmorillonite-catalyzed facile Friedel-crafts alkylation of hydroxy and methoxy aromatics with 4-hydroxybutan-2-one to produce raspberry ketone and some pharmaceutically active compounds. J Org Chem 1994; 59: 5901-5904.

Morimoto C, Satoh Y, Hara M, Inoue S, Tsujita T, Okuda H. Anti-obese action of raspberry ketone. Life Sci. 2005;77(2):194-204.
"
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/rasberry-ketone-what-science-says

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Oz is a media pumper.

BFG
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried it~I bought some( in the "powder" form (more like the texture of sugar) from Amazon- less expensive and doesn't have other additives. It does cut my appetite: I just pour a little in my hand and take with water. It smell like raspberry but has a very bitter taste. I started out by adding it to a little juice. Dr. Oz does promote way too many items, but this is one I'm glad I decided to check out.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Dr Oz is a media pumper.

BFG

very true.. btw, is he still out spoken about not consuming high fructose corn syrup or did the industry lobbyists get to him?
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
angelfire what are your results so far? do you notice a decrease in fat cells? my worry is that while it would be great to shrink up some fat on my butt and thighs, that it would shrink all my fat cells including in my face and make me look gaunt. Let me know your results - I am so close to giving it a try!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |