Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Lifeline Skin Care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
At some point I will pull some of my review comments for this product from other threads and consolidate them here, but for now, I don't want to confuse other product reviews by mixing products and I need a place to post.

So I think that the stem cell/growth factor technology definitely provides hydration from within, and I also think that there is some skin thickening going on as well. Here are my examples:

I wear glasses most of the time and I have always gotten a red mark on the bridge of my nose from where my glasses sit. I've changed glasses many times and this has always been a problem (only on the left side). Well, I rarely get the red mark anymore, and when I do it is significantly lighter and goes away faster.

My dermaroller is maybe 7 years old - maybe even older. I used it a few times after purchasing it, but it really left my skin red and irritated. I resurrected it after reading about how all you guys are into the rolling. Now it is possible that after all this time - even without use - that it's just kind of dull, but I can roll every night with no problem - I don't - but I could. So yes, I think my skin has gotten thicker.

Nothing miraculous here, but definitely a positive result.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pandal,

I will be watching this for updates, so I can see the differences in the lines!

Great idea! I think its very helpful for others trying to make decisions.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Panda, thank you for the review. How long have you been using Lifeline now? And is this the only product that you are using? Also, do you feel that your treatments (IPL??) have anything to do with your results?
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Panda, thank you for the review. How long have you been using Lifeline now? And is this the only product that you are using? Also, do you feel that your treatments (IPL??) have anything to do with your results?

Riley - I've been using nothing but Lifeline since February. The question about IPL is a good one. I can't say for sure, but I think the combination of IPL and the growth factors has probably enhanced the results. I've deliberately downplayed my improved skin tone and reduced redness results, because I think that may definitely be impacted by the IPL, but I've had laser procedures before and have never gotten this level or results - not that they are miraculous, but much better than in the past.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Panda! I am happy that the Lifeline is working so well for you! P.S. I see you mentioned redness, which is my main problem. Do you think the Lifeline has helped a lot with redness (irregardless of the IPL)?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Pandal,

I think your results sound fantastic, the face not changing in the various mirrors for the day, is pretty amazing (one we can all relate to happening)or at least a hell of good thing. I do appreciate your caution, but like others am very interested in your progress!

ISCO uses stem cells from fat, right?

I hope you don't mind my questions, I am not going to mix the threads or compare, just hoping for information.
havana8

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
For those looking for more in-depth discussion on ISCO science and the stem cells they use, here is the thread for that:

ISCO Stem Cell: Lifeline Skin Care
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40420

Since this is the review forum, I'm hoping we can leave this thread for shared user experiences and continue the science discussion on the Lifeline thread in the Skin Care forum.

Thanks for starting a review thread, Panda. I'm glad the product is working out well for you. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Panda,

I posted the information Tiny asked about on the other thread instead! Embarassed

I am also thrilled for you that you have found the product that is working so well for you! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you, Panda! I am happy that the Lifeline is working so well for you! P.S. I see you mentioned redness, which is my main problem. Do you think the Lifeline has helped a lot with redness (irregardless of the IPL)?

Riley - I think the Lifeline has helped a lot with reducing inflamation. I just can't give Lifeline the credit for reducing the redness because that is really a characteristic of IPL and since I don't honestly know the answer I want to error on the conservative side. I feel the same way with the overall brightness, it should be the IPL. Hydration, smoothness, definitely the Lifeline.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I understand and definitely appreciate the honesty. Thanks Panda!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Riley - I've been using nothing but Lifeline since February. The question about IPL is a good one. I can't say for sure, but I think the combination of IPL and the growth factors has probably enhanced the results. I've deliberately downplayed my improved skin tone and reduced redness results, because I think that may definitely be impacted by the IPL, but I've had laser procedures before and have never gotten this level or results - not that they are miraculous, but much better than in the past.

I've had numerous IPLs (the most recent one was last Wednesday) and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are great for redness. I actually went to the clinic for a complimentary peel and the nurse talked me into the IPL because I had some redness on my cheeks - which has now gone. Stubborn broken caps may return - but according to everything that I've been told, the results of laser treatments are cumulative, so the skin should continue to improve with each treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
When all of you mention "redness" are we talking rosacea? I know Riley (or I think) has said broken capillaries? But how red is this issue?

Pandal, I too get that "red" mark only on the left side of my nose, from my sunglasses Confused Glad to hear you have nixed that issue!

and I didn't mean to ask a question that got anyone posting in the wrong place. Shock sry!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
That is an excellent question, Tiny, and one I did not think to ask. I am not talking about rosacea when I say redness. I have a ton of broken caps, and these are what makes my skin look red.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
That is an excellent question, Tiny, and one I did not think to ask. I am not talking about rosacea when I say redness. I have a ton of broken caps, and these are what makes my skin look red.

I do believe that IPL is the fastest way to get rid of broken caps. I didn't have too many, but now I have none.

I have the kind of rosacea where I blush easily and my entire face turns red so I have a slightly pink skin tone. I have never had pimples or acne.

And being "older" I have/had very thin skin - the kind that marks easily.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I've had numerous IPLs (the most recent one was last Wednesday) and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are great for redness. I actually went to the clinic for a complimentary peel and the nurse talked me into the IPL because I had some redness on my cheeks - which has now gone. Stubborn broken caps may return - but according to everything that I've been told, the results of laser treatments are cumulative, so the skin should continue to improve with each treatment.

I had a series of 5 IPL treatments over a six month period. I was looking to fix some old sun damage (i.e. brown spots) and get rid of the pink skin tone and I definitely think I got that. I had a couple of actinic keratosis on my forehead that I wanted to get rid of, but the esthetician told me she could make them smaller, but could not make them go away. They have since fallen off (maybe the Lifeline, maybe not).

I am now doing a short series of microdermbrasions with a vitamin C "infusion" - probably a gimmick, but much less painful than the IPL. I am doing this to compliment the Lifeline. I've had many, many dermabrasions in the past.

Last thing, I had two Ulthera treatments a year ago. I'm happy to talk about that on another thread is anyone is interested. I have mixed feelings about the results, but I am considering having a Skin Tyte treatment now that I am doing the Lifeline. I think the results may be better.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to hear your other treatments! I am always game for anything that could help
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Panda, I would love to hear about your Ulthera treatments!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
I am now doing a short series of microdermbrasions with a vitamin C "infusion" - probably a gimmick, but much less painful than the IPL. I am doing this to compliment the Lifeline. I've had many, many dermabrasions in the past.

Is this the HydraFacial? It looks really great and I would love to try it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
Panda1 wrote:

Ditto, I saw one demonstrated and it looked like heaven, and the skin was fabulous after!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
Panda1 wrote:

For me, this is called a Dermasweep MD:

"DermaSweep MD is a state-of-the art precision non-invasive exfoliation and skin revitalizing system. This variable level system vacuums away dead skin in a precise and controlled manner to help in treating acne scars, wrinkles, and overall facial rejuvenation. DermaSweep MD is the next generation of microdermabrasion, combining powerful exfoliation and skin resurfacing with potent topical solutions that leave the skin looking brighter, smoother and rejuvenated with no residual flaking or peeling. The solution is applied at the same time the system exfoliates the epidermis. The result is an effective treatment that addresses your unique skin care needs."

There are various things that they "infuse" vitamin C is one and there is a skin brightening one as well - I don't remember everything that is in that infusion, but kojic acid is one of the ingredients. I'm going with the vitamin C infusion. Like I said, I don't know if there is any merit to this, but it is sort of a pampering thing.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Tried it for a month plus and whatever tiny bit was left, I gave to my Mother in Law to try. Sadly, nothing changed, improved, or anything and I cannot afford to buy more to see when changes are supposed to happen. For the price, I was expecting something "wow" I guess.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Tried it for a month plus and whatever tiny bit was left, I gave to my Mother in Law to try. Sadly, nothing changed, improved, or anything and I cannot afford to buy more to see when changes are supposed to happen. For the price, I was expecting something "wow" I guess.

WhiteWolf – sorry Lifeline didn’t work for you. Maybe you will have success with one of the other products. I suspect that I am in the minority here, but I tend to view growth factors as a category of active – like retinoids, antioxidants, humicants - so while the different products use different sources for their growth factors, I continue to believe that there are many similarities and suspect that they will produce similar results. It may also be the case that growth factors and proteins derived from human stem cells are more applicable to older skin or very damaged skin, because that is where quicker results are more likely to be evident and with the products being so expensive quicker results are definitely important.

I hope you find something that works for you.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Another package of Lifeline is scheduled to be delivered this week, so I guess it is time for an update. (I have been using Lifeline since February). Maybe the best news is that since my last update, my husband has been sufficiently impressed with my results that he asked if I would order the product for him – even after I told him the price!! So now we are both users and it helps a bit because I get to watch for his results as well as trying to determine if I am imagining mine. His biggest issue is what I might call a “bumpy forehead” – not pimples, maybe the beginnings of AKs.

I continue to be very pleased with the product. I am still using it exclusively and have no problems with dryness or breakouts. Nothing much has changed since my last update. I think maybe the skin around my eyes – especially my lids – has gotten a bit tighter, I also think that is true with the skin around my mouth, and I continue to like the way my neck is looking. I had a micro dermabrasion treatment a week ago and hopefully that will “goose up” my results a little. I have scheduled a SkinTyte laser treatment for July. In the past I haven’t been very impressed with SkinTyte, but I wanted to try it with the Lifeline (and it is relatively inexpensive).

I realize that I must be the only person that has continued on with this product, since I am the only one posting reviews, but based on some of the conversations on other threads, I would like to explain why I chose Lifeline and I guess why I am continuing to use it.

I like that ISCO is a publicly traded company and as such they are required to disclose lots of information (like sales volumes).

I like that the proceeds from the Lifeline product sales are going to fund stem cell research for stuff like treating eye, liver and nervous system diseases . (The eye diseases are especially of interest to me.)

I like that the initial launch of this product at the end of 2010 resulted in more than 7,000 sales (according to company literature they expected 1,000 and received 7,000). I understand that this is NOT a clinical trial, but that’s a significant number of users to start and after more than a year I can’t find any that have suffered serious repercussions – plenty of reviews with no results, but I am constantly looking for seriously bad reviews and can’t find any, yet.

I like that Lifeline uses actual lysed stem cells and not the conditioned media. (I know that some consider this both bogus and dangerous, so I keep looking for the bad reviews.)

I like that both my dermatologist and plastic surgeon (who most recently removed a small basal cell from my forehead) approve of both this product and the growth factor technology in general.

I place a lot of trust in science, but since I don’t always understand it, I tend to focus more on the practical side of things. While I am happy to report on my progress, I would never recommend this product (or any of the cytokine/growth factor products)to anyone. I view this a bit like HRT – everyone needs to do their own investigation and make their own determination. In my mind, Lifeline will always be a bit controversial because of the source – unfertilized human eggs . I’m ok with this, and very pleased with the product. I will continue to post results for comparison purposes if nothing else.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Panda1 for the update. I think the more customer reviews about these kind of products the better. It sounds like your getting good results and hopefully your husband will too. I'm glad to hear both your dermatologist and plastic surgeon like the product and believe in stem cell technology. Please keep us updated with both you and your husbands progress. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think your husband asking you to spend that type of money on some for him speaks volumes!!!!! Its one thing for him to say, wow hunny you look good, but quiet another to say, whatever your using, I want it Shock !!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |