Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Lifeline Skin Care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Panda, can you do a recap on the changes you have seen to your skin since using this product? Also how long does a 1 oz. bottle last? I am looking back into different stem cell products. Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Panda, can you do a recap on the changes you have seen to your skin since using this product? Also how long does a 1 oz. bottle last? I am looking back into different stem cell products. Thanks

Ok, will start by saying that I am not affiliated with this company and don't believe that this product is for everyone - primarily due to cost, but I do think it has changed my skin in many positive ways.

My skin is beautifully hydrated - not oily or greasy, but soft and smooth with no hint of dryness. The color is fairly uniform. Brown spots that I had treated with a series of IPLs two years ago have not returned. Redness is gone. Broken caps are gone. AKs are gone. Skin tags are gone. Skin is thicker and more elastic. I have been able to add Vit C and Tretinoin to my routine (Lifeline endorses the use of Vit A products under the night serum). This is a very big deal because I have never been able to use retinoids or strong C in my entire life and if we are all buying into the science, then those are the only actives that are proven to work. I use these every other day/night. And while this may sound silly, I no longer have bad skin days - my skin looks consistently good.

I'm pretty generous with the application (4pumps) which is enough for face and neck, and 1 ounce will probably last 6 weeks. I use both the day and night serum. I was initially put off by the chemical sunscreen, but at least I'm always wearing some level of sunscreen now.

I'm comfortable with the ingredients and exactly how the stuff is made (patent is online) which means that I am as comfortable with the science as I can be.

I used this product religiously after a laser resurfacing around my eyes last year and the results were excellent (need to add that the doctor told me to wait 5 days before adding growth factors but I didn't wait).
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Panda. Sounds like your getting some great results.

Just to clarify, if I only was using the night serum at 4 pumps, twice a day. (4x2=8 pumps total) you think an oz would last about 3 weeks or 6 weeks. Just trying to get a feel for what the cost would be on a monthly basis. TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
My skin is beautifully hydrated - not oily or greasy, but soft and smooth with no hint of dryness.

This is what I love most about it so far. Haven't been using it long enough to see results with wrinkles, but I have dry skin and two pumps on my face is pretty much all I need. I could do another pump on my face but don't need the whole dose on the 3rd, and it costs so much I can't bring myself to do it. Wish there was a "half pump" option. Laughing Total I use 4 pumps twice per day of the Night Serum only (hate sunscreen) on FND, and the tube is still going at the two-week mark (since I'm using twice per day it will go twice as fast).

Panda1 wrote:
the doctor told me to wait 5 days before adding growth factors but I didn't wait

Panda, what was his rationale for waiting? Just curious.

ETA: Cookie, just saw your post. I'll let you know how long the tube of night serum lasts at 2x/day. I should also add that right after my last needling session I used a few more pumps per day because my skin was drinking it in because of the holes. So right now I'm probably at a little more than 2x/day. Still going.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs, I saw you were asking about the new stem cell gel on the Pico thread. I think you could just use the Lifeline product (since you are putting it on any way) and then use a conductive gel on top and do a microcurrent treatment.

If you do decide to do this please report back if you see any difference doing it this way. TIA.

ETA: Thanks Yubs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Thanks Panda. Sounds like your getting some great results.

Just to clarify, if I only was using the night serum at 4 pumps, twice a day. (4x2=8 pumps total) you think an oz would last about 3 weeks or 6 weeks. Just trying to get a feel for what the cost would be on a monthly basis. TIA

CookieD, four pumps is pretty generous. If you are using other products, I think 3 pumps would do and you could probably make it for a full month. I don't seem to need as much on the days when I am using something underneath.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Yubs, I saw you were asking about the new stem cell gel on the Pico thread. I think you could just use the Lifeline product (since you are putting it on any way) and then use a conductive gel on top and do a microcurrent treatment.

If you do decide to do this please report back if you see any difference doing it this way. TIA.

ETA: Thanks Yubs.

Actually, I did that yesterday! Very Happy I did a gentle (10%) lactic acid session, Lifeline, then used the elastin fusion with BI. No real difference that I could see...microcurrent still working pretty well for me, but no jazzy new results because of adding Lifeline. I do imagine the MC helped with with product penetration. I was just wondering if it might be worth investing in the new Pico gel, too. Not that I can really afford it... Rolling Eyes
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:

Panda1 wrote:
the doctor told me to wait 5 days before adding growth factors but I didn't wait

Panda, what was his rationale for waiting?

I'm guessing that it was about letting your body naturally react to the inflammation, but within an hour of the procedure the inflammation was so great that I totally freaked. My eyes were literally swollen closed. Every time I look in the mirror now I appreciate the results, but I would never do it again. Even with the Lifeline it took months for all the redness to go away. That's what got me involved with the DermaPen.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:

Actually, I did that yesterday! Very Happy I did a gentle (10%) lactic acid session, Lifeline, then used the elastin fusion with BI. No real difference that I could see...microcurrent still working pretty well for me, but no jazzy new results because of adding Lifeline. I do imagine the MC helped with with product penetration. I was just wondering if it might be worth investing in the new Pico gel, too. Not that I can really afford it... Rolling Eyes

Yubs, I don't think you will see an immediate difference with the growth factor stuff - other than the hydration, but if you choose to continue this protocol, I would be interested to hear you report again in about a month.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Panda, trust me, I'm not giving up Lifeline for a good long while. I may even give extra priority to a quick MC session for product penetration once per day, just for kicks.

Now I just have to actually do some work instead of posting on this d-board so I don't get fired and can keep on buying it! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Good news, rileygirl! I am still a devoted fan of the Lifeline Night Serum.

bethany wrote:
Wow...very good news! If I was going to try another stem cell line, this would be it.

Panda1 wrote:
Great news Riley and everyone already knows how I feel about the product Rolling Eyes

Thanks, Ladies. This was my birthday present to myself. I am not expecting miracles with this product but I am thrilled with the hydration, redness reduction, and improvement in eczema from the Lifeline in such a short time.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
I use both the day and night serum. I was initially put off by the chemical sunscreen, but at least I'm always wearing some level of sunscreen now.

Panda1, have you noticed if the Lifeline Day Serum is less soothing than the night one? What do you apply on top of the day serum?

How many times do you feel you can use Retin A under the Lifeline Night Serum without getting irritation?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I also forgot to ask, which strength of Vitamin C do you use? I assume you apply your Vitamin C Serum before the Lifeline Day Serum in AM?

I remember Dr J used to insist that stem cell products should be applied on a clean dry face first thing in your skincare routine.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Panda1, have you noticed if the Lifeline Day Serum is less soothing than the night one? What do you apply on top of the day serum?

How many times do you feel you can use Retin A under the Lifeline Night Serum without getting irritation?

I do prefer the night serum to the day serum. Don't know if I would say it was less soothing, but I do think the day serum is a bit heavier. The thing is, I am terrible with applying sun screen and at least this way I have some protection.

I use a .025 Tretinoin cream. I try to use it every other night and have no flaking or irritation. I will probably move up to a higher strength but still keep the every other night schedule. Lifeline recommends that Vit A be applied first - they have written something about it in their blog.

I was using Mad Hippie C just about every day but recently treated myself to the Skinceuticals C E &Ferulic. I had to back off a bit on that because after about 4 consecutive days it started to sting, so I took a one week break and now I will try every other day. I apply the C serum first.

I never use anything over either the day or night serum.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

I do prefer the night serum to the day serum. Don't know if I would say it was less soothing, but I do think the day serum is a bit heavier. The thing is, I am terrible with applying sun screen and at least this way I have some protection.

According to the ingredients lists, the only difference between the day and night serums is the addition of a sun block to the day serum. I don't think that would make it less soothing - although I don't use either serums so I'm just guessing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, FYI, my tube of the night serum went dead last night. So we can say a little over two weeks for 2x/day application @ 4 pumps/use (8 pumps total per day). 'Spensive. But I'm-a keep doing it. Wink

Panda, has Lifeline ever given you zits? One just popped up on me last night. I'm not prone to zits at all, so when one pops up it's usually because of something I've been doing (be it topicals or supplements or whatever). I have changed my diet in the last 1.5 months so that could be affecting my hormones, but I'm also wondering if the Lifeline could cause any purging...? I know one zit is not necessarily a purge, but I'd like to nail down the cause as I mostly just don't get them. Besides my diet Lifeline is the only suspect. What do you think?
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Cookie, FYI, my tube of the night serum went dead last night. So we can say a little over two weeks for 2x/day application @ 4 pumps/use (8 pumps total per day). 'Spensive. But I'm-a keep doing it. Wink

Panda, has Lifeline ever given you zits? One just popped up on me last night. I'm not prone to zits at all, so when one pops up it's usually because of something I've been doing (be it topicals or supplements or whatever). I have changed my diet in the last 1.5 months so that could be affecting my hormones, but I'm also wondering if the Lifeline could cause any purging...? I know one zit is not necessarily a purge, but I'd like to nail down the cause as I mostly just don't get them. Besides my diet Lifeline is the only suspect. What do you think?

I've never had any zits or purging issues with Lifeline, but we have pretty different routines in terms of number of things we are using, so I really can't say that Lifeline isn't the problem.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I am sort of disappointed with the Lifeline Day Serum. First, it gives my skin a yellow tint, second it is less moisturizing than the Night Serum and thus feels less soothing. For some crazy reason, it is less expensive than the Night Serum but I will not re-purchase it.

Also, I've been using Lifeline once a day from February till July 8th and twice a day from July 8th till now (August 10) and I see no additional benefit from using it twice a day Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Also, I've been using Lifeline once a day from February till July 8th and twice a day from July 8th till now (August 10) and I see no additional benefit from using it twice a day Sad

Sorry you did not see additional benefits from twice a day use, RS, but that is good news for me. A bottle will last longer! Very Happy
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Lifeline Day ever since it came out, seems like well over a year, but can't remember. Once I ran out and my skin looked terrible in 3 days! Prominent wrinkles I didn't know I had.

No one believes my age which is over 70. Wonderful to see it is on EDS. I would not be without it.
At night in the winter I moisturize with OSEA atmospheric cream. Days over the Lifeline I wear Dr Dennis Gross tinted moisturizer. Have also been playing with Armani eye serum which I really like and can see a difference.
All is well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing. I asked EDS to carry it, now have to stop. I loved the stuff...just not the hairs on my chin. Keep coming back even with electrolysis. BTW, I did hear they're coming out with a day cream without the sunscreen. Now to figure out what the heck to do about the excess hair. Honestly they should make a hair regrowth product for thinning hair. I'd be first in line.

I really thought electrolysis would take care of the issue and I could continue using it
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Lifeline has a 25% off sale through Thursday (March 27, 2014).
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone....I have very dry skin. Does anyone find the night time serum drying? Does it irritate the eyes? I'm trying to decide whether or not to invest in this line.

Marina....I'm glad you like this skin care line but if I remember correctly we have very different skin types. What were the benefits you saw?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leelee,
I have combo skin and the night cream is perfect for me but I couldn't use it during the day.. Too rich for me. Some with dry skin have mentioned dryness at first, then balanced, well moisturized skin after a couple of weeks. The day cream is great but wait for the new version without the chemical sunscreen...should be out next week. I'd use these exclusively if I wasn't afraid of becoming the bearded lady. Interestingly, I called lifeline and they claim they've never heard of an incidence of excess hair. So, is it a coincidence or a combination of hormones and the product. I may wait a bit now that I've had electrolysis and then finish the bottle. If it happens again....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oops I forgot benefits. Mainly healthier, rosier skin (I'm sallow), tighter, lessening of dark areas. The latter sold me on it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |