Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Rosehip Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone here have good luck with rosehip oil? What benefits have you seen from if so? I tried it on my face and it broke me out terribly. I used it at night after I washed my face. I was so disappointed because I read it has both natural vitamin A and C in it and really wanted to use it because of this. I'm wondering if I should just try a different brand.
jupiter

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 am      Reply with quote
BellaKai wrote:
Does anyone here have good luck with rosehip oil? What benefits have you seen from if so? I tried it on my face and it broke me out terribly. I used it at night after I washed my face. I was so disappointed because I read it has both natural vitamin A and C in it and really wanted to use it because of this. I'm wondering if I should just try a different brand.

I'm not sure where you live? I'm in Australia. I have used the A'kin rosehip oil with great success and I have oily skin. Exfoliate well before applying of course. I feel you must buy a reputable brand to get results. I now use the D'jeunesse Omega 7 - this is a miracle product. I can't add a link but if you Google D'jeunesse Omega 7 you'll find it. You can take the caps orally and work from the inside out - or break the caps open and put the oil onto the skin.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I have never seen any convincing evidence there is vitamin C in standard rosehip seed oil just unsubstantiated claims to that effect, the C is water soluble and in the fruit not the seed. Rosehip does make some people break out unfortunately.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:41 am      Reply with quote
OP, for what were you using the rosehip oil?

What were you hoping that it would remedy/improve?
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Miranda Kerr touts rosehip oil as her favorite skin care product and sells it in her range, so I guess I fell for that. Haha. Jupiter, I live in the US.

I bought the Evan Healy Rosehip oil from Whole Foods. It has good reviews.

Veronica, I was just using it as a serum after I washed my face like I would use Vitamin C serum (but in place of it). I just wanted the vitamin C benefits, added glow... also read that it can be great for fading light acne scars (I have a couple on my chin area, nothing major but I would like them gone). All it did was cause awful, deep pimples.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
BellaKai wrote:
Miranda Kerr touts rosehip oil as her favorite skin care product and sells it in her range, so I guess I fell for that. Haha. Jupiter, I live in the US.

I bought the Evan Healy Rosehip oil from Whole Foods. It has good reviews.

Veronica, I was just using it as a serum after I washed my face like I would use Vitamin C serum (but in place of it). I just wanted the vitamin C benefits, added glow... also read that it can be great for fading light acne scars (I have a couple on my chin area, nothing major but I would like them gone). All it did was cause awful, deep pimples.

Oils can be very individual many use and love Rose Hip Oil with great results. It may just not agree with your skin?

5% products discount

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I have breakout-prone skin and I use Rosehip oil on my scars. It greatly reduces the look of them, and it has never broken me out. I use The Organic Pharmacy Rosehip Oil - fantastic.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Rosehip oil breaks me out like crazy.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Straight rose hip oil breaks me out consistently. However, if I blend it with a few other carrier oils, to where the rose hip is at ten percent it is ok for me.
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased some rosehip oil. It will be my first oil. I hope it doesn't break me out! Shock
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
EG, just don't make the mistake I did and slather it on your whole face first. lol! Just try a test spot/small area first. If nothing else, I've read that it can work well for stretchmarks if you have any.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:36 am      Reply with quote
BellaKai, how does it help stretch marks.

I also heard that rosehip oil contains vitamin A. Is that true?
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Well I read that you only need like 2 drops and I would spread it in slightly damp hands and apply to damp skin. How did you apply it BellaKai?
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM, you might find these links helpful.

This is what Skinactives says about rosehip oil:

http://www.skinactives.com/Rosehip-Seed-Oil-cold-pressed.html

And in this thread someone talked about how rosehip oil helped their hyperpigmentation:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45511

BellaKai, if you're interested in trying other oils, two oils apparently good for acne-prone skin are Grapeseed oil and Jojoba oil. Megan Fox uses Grapeseed oil! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
VeronicaM, you might find these links helpful.

This is what Skinactives says about rosehip oil:

http://www.skinactives.com/Rosehip-Seed-Oil-cold-pressed.html

And in this thread someone talked about how rosehip oil helped their hyperpigmentation:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45511

BellaKai, if you're interested in trying other oils, two oils apparently good for acne-prone skin are Grapeseed oil and Jojoba oil. Megan Fox uses Grapeseed oil! Smile

Grape seed oil is slightly astringent and great for acne prone skin!

A wonderful resource for oil properties also is:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DM! I didn't know that site was good for that. I've only looked at their bottles so far!

Yes that's what I read about Grapeseed oil. And that it's very light. It also contains antioxidants. Smile Do you know if green grapeseed oil is the same as just grapeseed oil by any chance DM? I just ordered some green grapeseed oil off thepersonalformulator last night. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thanks DM! I didn't know that site was good for that. I've only looked at their bottles so far!

Yes that's what I read about Grapeseed oil. And that it's very light. It also contains antioxidants. Smile Do you know if green grapeseed oil is the same as just grapeseed oil by any chance DM? I just ordered some green grapeseed oil off thepersonalformulator last night. Very Happy

All Grape Seed oil is green in color, I think cold press and the source of the grapes will make it darker green, just like you will find more processed Olive oil is way lighter than less processed the same holds true with all oils. Smile

I am sure yours is a high quality oil!

MHR has great information on the oils even if you do not purchase there! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DM. For some reason thepersonalformulator called it: "(Green) Grapeseed oil" so I just wasn't sure if it was the same because they called it green. I'm going to look on that site you linked as well. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thanks DM. For some reason thepersonalformulator called it: "(Green) Grapeseed oil" so I just wasn't sure if it was the same because they called it green. I'm going to look on that site you linked as well. Smile

I will have to look at the personalformulator site, but it all comes from grape seeds, it is the method of extraction that is important to me, preference for cold pressed whenever possible! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Well it says cold-pressed Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil. It must just be grapeseed oil then. I don't know why they call it green. lol.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Well it says cold-pressed Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil. It must just be grapeseed oil then. I don't know why they call it green. lol.

LOL. Marketing, sounds more exotic? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I used to use rosehip oil. It actually made my face really soft and gave it a nice glow. That being said, it caused my skin to freak out. I had dermatitis and enlarged pores. Shame because I wanted so bad to like this product.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
blackmamba wrote:
I used to use rosehip oil. It actually made my face really soft and gave it a nice glow. That being said, it caused my skin to freak out. I had dermatitis and enlarged pores. Shame because I wanted so bad to like this product.

Did you use it straight or in a carrier oil? Most recommend diluting it. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
blackmamba wrote:

How do you dilute it in a carrier oil?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
blackmamba wrote:

How do you dilute it in a carrier oil?

I just eyeball some and add to other oils, I mix many at times but my skin is very normal with no breakouts! It is not recommended for acne prone skin especially on it's own!

Directions for Use
Rosehip seed oil is considered a “dry” oil, meaning that it soaks into the skin easily, and does not leave a greasy residue. It is a wonderful hydrator, and penetrates dry or damaged skin immediately. This oil may be used straight from the bottle as a moisturizer, or can be incorporated into a cream, lotion, facial oil, or massage oil. Because it is so gentle, rosehip seed oil may be used undiluted on the skin, even on sensitive skin. Rosehip seed oil is a safe, inexpensive, effective, and non-invasive product for preventing and healing damaged skin.

Caution:
Recommended for external use only.
Rosehip seed oil is not recommended for use on acne, or on very oily skin.

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/rosehiporganic.php

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |