Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MILIA ( any updates for stuff that works??)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gbinkster
5% products discount

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
ive had milia for like 7 years. Now im trying to adrress the issue and fix my skin. I have mosty small one like 30 under my right eye. like 15 on the left. I bought Easy Eye Soultion illuminating eye care. Dont know how well itll work. Im desperate to get rid or these milia. Does anyone recommend laser surgery? Do u know how much it might cost? Im in california.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
gbinkster wrote:
ive had milia for like 7 years. Now im trying to adrress the issue and fix my skin. I have mosty small one like 30 under my right eye. like 15 on the left. I bought Easy Eye Soultion illuminating eye care. Dont know how well itll work. Im desperate to get rid or these milia. Does anyone recommend laser surgery? Do u know how much it might cost? Im in california.

Hi gbinkster,

There is an older thread about treating milia, sorry I have never had any! Wink

effective milia treatment

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8776

5% products discount

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the quick response. ive read that thread before and it had some good options. still curious if theres any new products that work well. Or instead of spending on so much money on products, im curious as ive heard $150 for a single treatment of laser could be the answer.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Not the cheap option but safer than lasers ... there are reports that AnteAGE might be effective on milia, there is a thread on the reviews board. My undereye milia disappeared years ago when I cleaned up my diet and lifestyle.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
gbinkster
5% products discount

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
yeah i didnt take good care of my skin and do exfoliating/ etc. Im a typical guy Smile do u have a link for the ante age thread. Id like to read.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
gbinkster wrote:
yeah i didnt take good care of my skin and do exfoliating/ etc. Im a typical guy Smile do u have a link for the ante age thread. Id like to read.

You should not exfoliate close to the eye anyway, the skin is very thin and easily damaged plus harsher products can get into the eye itself.

The lengthy AnteAGE review thread is only a few down from the top on the Reviews board
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45400
Milia was discussed in the latter parts of the thread, Jom was the first to mention it IIRC. There is this long thread preceding it. Although it doesn't mention milia AFAIK I thought I'd say because you might want to be thorough with your reading given the price!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45271

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Some believe, when these show up around the eyes, its caused by fatty foods, its your bodies way of showing you, you have too much cholesterol! I've had 2 in my entire life, that when I cut out the burgers and fries, they go poof! So there really might be something to this theory!

infact the first time, I was in my 20's and my Doctor is the one who told me this!

so its simple, change your diet, not add a product!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Some believe, when these show up around the eyes, its caused by fatty foods, its your bodies way of showing you, you have too much cholesterol! I've had 2 in my entire life, that when I cut out the burgers and fries, they go poof! So there really might be something to this theory!

infact the first time, I was in my 20's and my Doctor is the one who told me this!

I have seen that as well as using heavy eye creams seems to also be a cause for some people!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I have seen that as well as using heavy eye creams seems to also be a cause for some people!

its really true, within a week, maybe ten days of cutting down on fatty foods, they completely disappear! sometimes even faster
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

its really true, within a week, maybe ten days of cutting down on fatty foods, they completely disappear! sometimes even faster

As I said I have never had any, but have read several sources saying high cholesterol is a cause.

I also noticed the one "miracle milia" disappearance has "likes to try many eye creams" in their sig line (paraphrasing). Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
gbinkster wrote:

Hi gbinkster, I, like you, have many small (mostly unnoticeable to anyone but me) milia under both of my eyes, and have had them for years. I also had a few small ones on my jaw and one on my chin. I began using the AnteAGE serumwww.anteage.com once a day and after about six weeks I was able to extract the ones on my jaw and chin. The serum softened them up and loosened the wall around them so I was able to extract them. The milia under my eyes is different. I am not going to go poking under my eyes with a tweezer to try to get them out. I am using the AnteAGE and exfoliating and they have improved about 80%. According to Dr. J, the product's creator, it is all right to exfoliate under the eye. I have been using a scrub and a small exfoliating disk to help loosen and remove the milia under my eye in conjunction with the AnteAGE serum. I have not had any issues with exfoliating under my eyes to hasten extraction. I expect it to take longer for them to be completely gone. If you were to use the serum twice per day you may see faster results.

Milia is not caused by high cholesterol (my cholesterol level is incredibly low) or your diet. I eat a healthy diet. Anyone who sees improvement in milia by changing their diet does not have the type of milia that you and I have. In fact I doubt they have milia at all, it was probably something else. Milia is under the skin and has to be extracted to be removed. I have talked to a couple of dermatologists about the milia under my eyes but they say there is nothing they can do. It is partly hereditary. They say just don't use heavy creams under your eyes, but I have never used a heavy cream under my eyes and have even gone through phases of not using anything under my eyes to see if that helps but it does not. The AnteAGE does seem to be improving things under my eyes although it is a slow improvement. Here is a link to the AnteAGE thread for more information and you could pose a question about the milia to Dr. J over there and he will answer.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have as I said seen high cholesterol as a cause, even too high calcium levels and eye creams.

Here is what NIH has to report on Milia:

MiliaEmail this page to a friendShare on facebookShare on twitterBookmark & SharePrinter-friendly version
Milia are tiny white bumps or small cysts on the skin that are almost always seen in newborn babies.

Causes
Milia occur when dead skin becomes trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth. They are common in newborn infants.

Similar cysts are seen in the mouths of newborn infants. They are called Epstein's pearls. These cysts also go away on their own.

Adults may develop milia on the face. The bumps and cysts also occur on parts of the body that are swollen (inflamed) or injured. Irritation of the skin by rough sheets or clothing may cause mild reddening around the bump, but the middle stays white.

Irritated milia are sometimes incorrectly called "baby acne," although it is not actually a form of acne.

Treatment
In children, no treatment is needed. Skin changes on the face or cysts in the mouth usually disappear after the first few weeks of life without treatment, and without any lasting effects.

A doctor may remove milia in adults who want to improve their appearance.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001367.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
gbinkster wrote:

Hi gbinkster, I, like you, have many small (mostly unnoticeable to anyone but me) milia under both of my eyes, and have had them for years. I also had a few small ones on my jaw and one on my chin. I began using the AnteAGE serumwww.anteage.com once a day and after about six weeks I was able to extract the ones on my jaw and chin. The serum softened them up and loosened the wall around them so I was able to extract them. The milia under my eyes is different. I am not going to go poking under my eyes with a tweezer to try to get them out. I am using the AnteAGE and exfoliating and they have improved about 80%. According to Dr. J, the product's creator, it is all right to exfoliate under the eye. I have been using a scrub and a small exfoliating disk to help loosen and remove the milia under my eye in conjunction with the AnteAGE serum. I have not had any issues with exfoliating under my eyes to hasten extraction. I expect it to take longer for them to be completely gone. If you were to use the serum twice per day you may see faster results.

Milia is not caused by high cholesterol (my cholesterol level is incredibly low) or your diet. I eat a healthy diet. Anyone who sees improvement in milia by changing their diet does not have the type of milia that you and I have. In fact I doubt they have milia at all, it was probably something else. Milia is under the skin and has to be extracted to be removed. I have talked to a couple of dermatologists about the milia under my eyes but they say there is nothing they can do. It is partly hereditary. They say just don't use heavy creams under your eyes, but I have never used a heavy cream under my eyes and have even gone through phases of not using anything under my eyes to see if that helps but it does not. The AnteAGE does seem to be improving things under my eyes although it is a slow improvement. Here is a link to the AnteAGE thread for more information and you could pose a question about the milia to Dr. J over there and he will answer.

The doctor that told me this (in my 20's) was a good old fashioned, common sense doctor! As I stated he said it was the milia "under the eyes", not face millia as that is a different animal! Turns out, at least for me, he was right, in regards to the few that I had UNDER MY EYES! about ten years later I had another, I cut out fats in my diet, and poof gone! so for me that worked.

I am not saying AnteAGE did not work for you, why in the world are you so defensive, what works for one does not have to work for another. My best friend in high school, had the "baby acne" on her face, her Dr. said, time and time alone, would handle those, no cream, ever worked. Turns out that Dr. was right too, she "grew" out of hers. If AnteAge made yours disappear, then fabulous, prob solved, but that alone might not work for others. Other opinions are not nec. wrong. I for one am not saying your right or wrong, please give me the same courtesy.
gbinkster
5% products discount

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
wow some incredibly helpful advice. I have always been into fitness and have a healthy diet, so the cholesterol wouldnt be an issue. It probably affects others. true. As far as hereditary, no one in my family has it. All i can think of is i didnt clean my face too good after football practice. :)Who knows. Anways, ive read all the milia threads. Some people have only a few, and those are easier to extract. People like me that have around forty and mostly small ones, have a tough one on our hands. I read someone whose aunt had a bunch for yrs used ISS eye cream, and it worked. I bought it but havent used it yet. Im willing to just spend money and laser those suckers off. DOESN ANYONE know how much a session would cost, and if i can get it done in 1 session. Also i will look into the ante age thread. THANKS SO MUCH for the feedback btw.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I hate these things! I have a few... They bug me too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
DUH...removed!!!! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Crap... I just deleted my post above. Concerned someone is going to try it and hurt themselves...

I got the idea elsewhere, also from someone who said it was a stupid idea but that it worked...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Oh Crap... I just deleted my post above. Concerned someone is going to try it and hurt themselves...

I got the idea elsewhere, also from someone who said it was a stupid idea but that it worked...

OOPS and I quoted you sorry, well disclaimer to any who read do at your own risk!! Embarassed Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy are you laughing AT me or WITH me!

That's a cute little guy. How are you? Hope things are well. It's been a while!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
With you Clauds, or course Sweetie... Laughing

Things are good now, after a really tumultuous 2011.

I was thinking of you and Deb a little bit ago... Check out the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzWSj6ivAI0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Conversation in this thread;
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=46131&start=50

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
OMG... She has GORGEOUS skin.

I think those little suction cups are probably worth it! Anything that stimulates tissue, blood flow, etc.

I'm clueless on the microcurrent bit. One of my girlfriends, with scoliosis used a little zapper on one side of her back to strengthen the muscle therefore pulling her back into alignment. Worked really well. Although she wore it all night long for a year or 2. Can't remember. Seems like a similar principal.

Whatever you can afford, that stimulates muscle IMO. I like that it's not invasive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I believe what I had was milia, they were very hard and did not extract like whiteheads or similar clogs. Never used eye cream and was mostly using light non-comedogenic commercial moisturisers. AFAIK high total cholesterol was not an issue - no genetic history, I was under 30, underweight not overweight. With the benefit of hindsight my diet was deficient in various nutrients (EFAs, vitamins, minerals), but I wasn't existing on junk or fast food. Likely drank more alcohol than the recommendations but not daily: largely a 'normal/ average' diet and lifestyle for someone of my age group! Laughing

The milia did not disappear in ten days; like the ridges on my nails and keratosis pilaris it was months down the line that I realised they had gone/ much reduced. I can quite believe my liver was under low grade stress, this could certainly reflect in other organs of excretion including the skin. Interlinking with that the balance of HDL to LDL cholesterol may have been off, but of course this is pure conjecture. Confused Nutrition affects the rate at which new cells are produced and hydration which, in turn, affects natural exfoliation, so I don't see why nutrition couldn't be linked even if indirectly to milia and KP in some individuals.

HTH!

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:19 am      Reply with quote
In alternative medicine the theory is that milia is related to liver "stagnation"/issues (not necessarily cholesterol), so any methods of helping the liver should be helpful (milk thistle, etc.).

Externally I found OCM to be incredibly helpful.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I have had milia for forever since a child and I am at least 100 now Laughing ( no seriously 45 but feeling 100)

Nothing has worked ( diet, lots of water, no water,nothing internal at least) but I looked in the Skinbio (copper peptides) website for inspiration and on that DrP suggested using lacsal/exfol as exfoliating then disinfecting , using a needle to disturb try to remove the white centre, then ghk cream.
I did that on one and after a week or so it disappeared.

My other ones are a bit too close to my eyes to be quite brave enuff, but I have just invested in Reluma serum and have hopes I may have the same results as someone else did with the antiage serum

Now before anyone shouts me down I know its different stuff but hey you just dont know Laughing

And I need to try this before I start poking my face again Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |